Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone use this inline water pump booster?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 08:07 PM
RMS-MAN
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone use this inline water pump booster?

http://www.stewartcomponents.net/Mer...Code=ElectPump

Thinking about trying this out on a cammed '08 Z here that runs hot in the Tx heat in stop n go traffic with a/c on it hits 235*.
Really wanted to keep mechanical stock pump cause the car does a lot of high speed runs and mile events.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

What? You are going to speed up the water flow? Big mistake! Race engines have restrictor plates to slow the water flow down. You will be disappointed. Go to a Ron Davis or Dewitts radiator to solve your cooling issues. I personally don't think 235 water temp is unexpected in 100 degree temps sitting in traffic.

Good luck.

Jim
Old 07-04-2012, 10:32 PM
RMS-MAN
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've installed Meziere EWP's on several C5's to help "speed up" coolant flow at idle and low-speed traffic conditions and temps dropped over 20*s. BUT, the Mez EWP doesn't work well in high sustained RPM conditions compared to a mechanical style pump.

So I was hoping this inline pump would speed up flow to help under idle and low-speed traffic conditions and then I can have it shut off and free wheel once up to speed and let the mechanical pump take care of the rest.

I could easily wire it off a TPS/Window switch and relay to keep it running when I need it and shut it off when I don't.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:32 PM
TriplBlk
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was about to buy a Meziere, but than you said its not too good in high rpms. Just wanted to thank you for the info

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone use this inline water pump booster?

Quick Reply: Anyone use this inline water pump booster?