Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel load ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 05:52 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason
Get much below a 1/4 on the gauge and you are risking wasting a run. It will stumble on corner exit.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:25 AM
Hi Volts Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

I find that my 02 Z06 has that same fuel startvation sputter as soon as the "low fuel" light goes on. Particularlly notice this coming at of the light bulb at NJMP lighting (banked right hander).
Old 04-06-2012, 09:57 AM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

What BMW and how much did it weigh?

Originally Posted by betelgeuse
When I think about it a little I guess maybe you're right.

I ran a 2:10.3 in my 275 whp BMW and it had bad understeer. I had to lift in just about every corner to get it to turn. So it's probably capable of a 2:08 without the push.
A 350/360 whp C5Z with a lot more tire (245 Hoosier Rs on the BMW) should be at least couple seconds faster.

Can't wait to get back to the Glen.

Greg
Old 04-06-2012, 12:00 PM
betelgeuse
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RX-Ben
What BMW and how much did it weigh?
E36 M3. 2850 with me in it. I have a APR wing on it with no front splitter. Big mistake on a fast track like WGI.

This was at Mt Tremblant.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:02 PM
Jason
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

That is light for an E36.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:44 PM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

You are around 10:1 on lb/hp, and the c5z is a bit better than that. Alignment, poly susp. bushings and good brake pads/fluid and you will have no trouble getting good times (once you are comfortable in the car).
Watch oil temps if you do not have a cooler and beware of cracking brake discs (you need to carry spares).
Old 04-06-2012, 05:01 PM
betelgeuse
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RX-Ben
You are around 10:1 on lb/hp, and the c5z is a bit better than that. Alignment, poly susp. bushings and good brake pads/fluid and you will have no trouble getting good times (once you are comfortable in the car).
Watch oil temps if you do not have a cooler and beware of cracking brake discs (you need to carry spares).
I blew that engine last year. I replaced it with a stock m3 motor. When I ran it at the Glen I did have the built engine but was running 3.15 gears. I replaced the gear with a 3.64 and the car feels just as fast. If I had the 3.64 at the Glen it would have also helped.

Horsepower to weight can be deceiving. Torque is where it's at. My m3 engine had maybe 240-250 lb/ft. The c5z has 400.
The club ran at Monticello a couple of years ago, and coming out of the right hander on to the long back straight the subies and vettes were pulling me 10 car lenghts in the first 1/4 mile because they had a lot more torque.
I have to run stock bushings in Showroom Stock. I did add an oil cooler and a catch can, changed all the fluids, carbotech brake pads. Got myself a good alignment. Can't wait to get it on the track. The first event (test and tune day) is at NHMS on the 23rd. I know that track very well. If the vette can equal or beat my BMW times there I'll be very, very happy.

Greg

Quick Reply: Fuel load ???