Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track prep my Z06 carbon ...

Old 01-13-2012, 01:34 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,081 Likes on 655 Posts

Now thats an arsenal! Congrats.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:32 PM
mikymu
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by travisnd
Wow those wheel are beautiful. Question. Why'd you go wtih 1 3/4" headers vs. 1 7/8" headers? Most people with the LS7 run 1 7/8".
Thanks. According to LG, 1 3/4" will make more hp and tq for Z06 that do not plan on seeing other mods such as cams, force induction etc. 1 7/8" actually loose power compare with 1 3/4": http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...xperience.html

Originally Posted by GOTHAM VETTE
Sigh, I wanna be rich :o) ....beautiful equipment.....all of it!
Not rich here ... just work like a dog

Originally Posted by Falcon
That's some very nice jewelry!

Cute kids!

Looks like they were waiting for toys for them to come out of those boxes, not something for dad.
Thaks. Love my kids and they can be a handful ...

Originally Posted by gp2race
WOW!!! nice wheels...what tires are you running? Hoosier? toyo? Michelin?
If bank robbery is successful then Michelin slicks ... $2300 a set ouch!
Most likely hoho R6

Originally Posted by Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Burnishing.......sorry wrong term, you know the saying...do what I mean, not what I say...or something like that.

But yes, JVP has a nice sticky about this in the ZR1 section.
Yes, still need to prep the brake pads. Waiting for my Z06 to break 500 miles so I can change oil and then really step on it!

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Now thats an arsenal! Congrats.
Thanks
Old 01-13-2012, 06:53 PM
donutbob
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful car, can't wait to see it at an event. We didn't meet but I saw you up at Thunderhill talking with Gordon, I was the grey GTR, I also have a Corvette...

Will you be attending the City Tech day on the 22nd?

Don
Old 01-14-2012, 12:45 PM
longdaddy
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

btw, I did XPEL piece for the bumper last week.

I did not have many issues with adhesive separating when stretching - but I used heatgun when stretching and it helps (a lot). I have a hobby heatgun that can be ran indefinitely without melting stuff or setting stuff on fire, unlike some of the "construction" ones (I have one of those too and I accidentally boiled paint on something with it a couple of times - nasty)

also, "adhesion promoter" (or something like that) chemical they sell is the **** and apparently can be used with other films - really helps when the edge of the film is on curved surface.

one lesson learned: applying big pieces in cold weather in barely heated garage - don't do it if you can avoid it. twice the amount of work.
another lesson learned: get a good blade/knife if you want to do custom pieces and cut on the car. i ended up throwing out the one I had from lowes after cutting into the clearcoat on the mirror I used for practice.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:18 PM
dfinke23
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu

Bolts only between the spokes ... to save more weight?
Nice setup. They don't drill the center where the spoke is to leave as much material as they can and not weaken that area. Fairly typical on thin spokes.
The rim halves are already drilled before being shipped to Forgeline.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:47 PM
mikymu
Pro

Originally Posted by donutbob
Beautiful car, can't wait to see it at an event. We didn't meet but I saw you up at Thunderhill talking with Gordon, I was the grey GTR, I also have a Corvette...

Will you be attending the City Tech day on the 22nd?

Don
Hey Don

I remember your GTR. Great looking car and fast! Z06 will not be ready for about a month. Still need to do cage/roll bar. 1/22 at TH is T5 bypass? I may do NCRC 1/23 with my GT3 cup

Originally Posted by longdaddy
btw, I did XPEL piece for the bumper last week.

I did not have many issues with adhesive separating when stretching - but I used heatgun when stretching and it helps (a lot). I have a hobby heatgun that can be ran indefinitely without melting stuff or setting stuff on fire, unlike some of the "construction" ones (I have one of those too and I accidentally boiled paint on something with it a couple of times - nasty)

also, "adhesion promoter" (or something like that) chemical they sell is the **** and apparently can be used with other films - really helps when the edge of the film is on curved surface.

one lesson learned: applying big pieces in cold weather in barely heated garage - don't do it if you can avoid it. twice the amount of work.
another lesson learned: get a good blade/knife if you want to do custom pieces and cut on the car. i ended up throwing out the one I had from lowes after cutting into the clearcoat on the mirror I used for practice.
U got skills. I have not use heat gun much on clear film. It dries up the soap solution too fast. I need to get some of their "edge glue" stuff. Sounds interesting

Originally Posted by dfinke23
Nice setup. They don't drill the center where the spoke is to leave as much material as they can and not weaken that area. Fairly typical on thin spokes.
The rim halves are already drilled before being shipped to Forgeline.
That's what I was told too
Old 01-24-2012, 06:46 PM
TriplBlk
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 01-24-2012, 11:08 PM
mikymu
Pro

Test fit the 18" Forgeline GA3R and they clear the ceremic rotors without issue. Now I just need some tires ...

Old 01-24-2012, 11:12 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow those are good looking wheels.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:48 AM
mikymu
Pro

Originally Posted by travisnd
Wow those are good looking wheels.
Thanks

It's a work of art and super light too!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Track prep my Z06 carbon ...