Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NCM VIR event scheduled for June 25-26, 2012

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 09:01 PM
OVG
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rocsvette
Warning, this behavior is highly addictive and leads down the slippery slope of money, brake pads and tires. So Welcome to the Darkside
Symptoms of the progression of Slippery Slope disease:

First NCM VIR HPDE: Brake pads, DOT 4 fluid flush, clutch fluid flush, replaced helmet

Second NCM VIR HPDE: DOT 4 fluid flush, clutch fluid flush, New Michelin PS2 ZPs, rented a Garage and a Villa

Third NCM VIR HPDE: New brake pads, new 2 piece rotors, DOT 4 fluid flush, clutch fluid flush, Chatter Box, rented a Garage and a Villa

Fourth NCM VIR HPDE: DOT 4 fluid flush, clutch fluid flush, Pair of OMP HTE seats, seat brackets, Schroth harnesses, Brey-Krause harness bar, Pfadt coilovers and sways, rented a trailer and bought a Silverado to pull it with, rented a Garage and a Villa

This year: New brake pads, DOT 4 fluid flush, clutch fluid flush, CF splitter, side skirts, and Katech spoiler (Painrace’s recommendation), GoPro camera, getting ready to pull the trigger on a trailer, and already reserved a Garage and a Villa

Next year:

Now, what did I do with that wax. I seem to remember having some around here somewhere.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:50 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by OVG
Symptoms of the progression of Slippery Slope disease:

First NCM VIR HPDE: Brake pads, DOT 4 fluid flush, clutch fluid flush, replaced helmet

Second NCM VIR HPDE: DOT 4 fluid flush, clutch fluid flush, New Michelin PS2 ZPs, rented a Garage and a Villa

Third NCM VIR HPDE: New brake pads, new 2 piece rotors, DOT 4 fluid flush, clutch fluid flush, Chatter Box, rented a Garage and a Villa

Fourth NCM VIR HPDE: DOT 4 fluid flush, clutch fluid flush, Pair of OMP HTE seats, seat brackets, Schroth harnesses, Brey-Krause harness bar, Pfadt coilovers and sways, rented a trailer and bought a Silverado to pull it with, rented a Garage and a Villa

This year: New brake pads, DOT 4 fluid flush, clutch fluid flush, CF splitter, side skirts, and Katech spoiler (Painrace’s recommendation), GoPro camera, getting ready to pull the trigger on a trailer, and already reserved a Garage and a Villa

Next year:

Now, what did I do with that wax. I seem to remember having some around here somewhere.
what is this WAX you speak OF ?
Old 01-15-2012, 08:52 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Update

We had a great Tech / Corvette production talk from one of our GM Engineer Friends in Raleigh Yesterday, Sat Jan 14.

About 35 ppl showed up and 10 or so from the HPDE world.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:16 AM
oh1vette
Safety Car

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Old 01-15-2012, 11:35 AM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,594 Likes on 1,629 Posts

I'll be there - watching. Damn convertible bias.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:45 AM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 269 Likes on 224 Posts

Just get small removable roll bar
Old 01-15-2012, 11:49 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Convertible tech issues, please pm me so I may address them properly.

Tom
Old 01-15-2012, 06:04 PM
rocsvette
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by johnodrake
I'll be there - watching. Damn convertible bias.
We care about your head! You just need to get a coupe...or a GS 6sp coupe (baby Z06)....or a Z06....or a Z06/Z07.....or a ZR1. You can see how this progresses.

BTW anyone looking for GS, Z06 better order them because it will be a shortened 2012 MY build followed by a very shortened 2013 MY build. I would not be surprised to see the C7 come out staggered like the C6 did.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:04 AM
OVG
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
what is this WAX you speak OF ?
I think I left it in your trailer last June.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:11 AM
KNSBrakes
Supporting Vendor

Received 362 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by rocsvette
We care about your head! You just need to get a coupe...or a GS 6sp coupe (baby Z06)....or a Z06....or a Z06/Z07.....or a ZR1. You can see how this progresses.

BTW anyone looking for GS, Z06 better order them because it will be a shortened 2012 MY build followed by a very shortened 2013 MY build. I would not be surprised to see the C7 come out staggered like the C6 did.
Huuuuuh......wuuuuuutttt...????

C'mon Rock.......what ya got?

-Ken
Old 01-18-2012, 07:44 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Originally Posted by KNSBrakes
Huuuuuh......wuuuuuutttt...????

C'mon Rock.......what ya got?

-Ken
Ken

You should have come to the tech meeting with John S., Corvette Engineer He could not talk about the C7s, but when you listen between the words, you could get a build time frame idea.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:56 AM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

I just got hotel reservations at the Sleep Inn. They fill up fast guys.

This is one more GREAT event.

Jim
Old 01-20-2012, 04:31 PM
757missy
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Almost did this last year, but chicken'd out. Sent an e-mail to Roc to see if it was going on again this year. Pleased to find out YES. Been on VIR's web site and am excited. Just made my reservations at the Villas for Sun-Tues. Will be bring my 2010 GS. Got an Edelbrock SC on it so really looking forward to getting some training from the instructors. Being a newbe. Any advice? I'm bringing the wife so does anyone know if they have like a spouses thing going on? I.E. tours. I want to ensure she does not get board while I'm having fun. We both will be coming from Va Bch, VA. So if anyone else is coming from here, let me know.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:35 PM
rocsvette
Pro

Originally Posted by 757missy
Almost did this last year, but chicken'd out. Sent an e-mail to Roc to see if it was going on again this year. Pleased to find out YES. Been on VIR's web site and am excited. Just made my reservations at the Villas for Sun-Tues. Will be bring my 2010 GS. Got an Edelbrock SC on it so really looking forward to getting some training from the instructors. Being a newbe. Any advice? I'm bringing the wife so does anyone know if they have like a spouses thing going on? I.E. tours. I want to ensure she does not get board while I'm having fun. We both will be coming from Va Bch, VA. So if anyone else is coming from here, let me know.
Most important piece of equipment is an open mind ready to learn. We don't have any program for guests but we can always use some help in the Museum store or the HQ tent for a bit. Guests can sign up for a ride with an instructor at the NCM HQ. And everyone is friendly, willing to answer questions and just chat.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:43 PM
757missy
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Roc,
Are you the same Roc from the National Corvette Museum? Sorry if stupid question.

Cheers,
Brian
Old 01-20-2012, 04:45 PM
rocsvette
Pro

Roc,
Are you the same Roc from the National Corvette Museum? Sorry if stupid question.

Cheers,
Brian
not stupid and yes. sent email.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:07 PM
oh1vette
Safety Car

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

This sticky at the top of the section is loaded with good advice:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...k-in-here.html

But, Roc, is right, "leave ego at the gate" - did my first event last year and whata a blast, But, more to it that ya can see watching...

Get notified of new replies

To NCM VIR event scheduled for June 25-26, 2012

Old 01-20-2012, 09:59 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Your wife is welcome to spend time at our trailer with my wife and be somewhat bored with it all. We go out to eat at night and she will meet a lot of nice fun people. I will be happy to give her a ride.

Jim
Old 01-21-2012, 10:08 AM
blakngold4life
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been wanting to do this since I got my car, what is the cost for it and when does registration open?
Old 01-21-2012, 12:35 PM
jcsperson
Team Owner

Received 747 Likes on 430 Posts
NC Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
If you are in Raleigh area, we are having one of the Corvette Engineers come for a talk on Sat afternoon Jan 14. PM me for details

Tom

The guy who attempts to keep things organized.
Argh. I wish I had seen this earlier!

Tom, is there any way you can keep me on a Raleigh/Durham PM list for this sort of thing? It would be most appreciated!

Quick Reply: NCM VIR event scheduled for June 25-26, 2012