Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Retiring from racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 10:43 PM
CP Thunder
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Is the car currently being built and in pieces or is it complete? Does it have the T1 bars, springs and control arms?
Old 07-03-2011, 03:13 AM
exracer28
Drifting

Received 79 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by CP Thunder
Is the car currently being built and in pieces or is it complete? Does it have the T1 bars, springs and control arms?
Car is complete but apart. I has it apart changing the wiring harness and repainting the bumper. It will be back ready to race next weekend.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:42 PM
CP Thunder
Drifting

status?
Old 07-31-2011, 12:05 PM
exracer28
Drifting

Received 79 Likes on 48 Posts

status?
Car is ready to go. I was going to run at Road Atlanta but I got sick again and could go. My license expires end of July so unless the doctors find out whats wrong I will not be entering any more events.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:14 AM
CP Thunder
Drifting

PM'd you
Old 11-03-2011, 04:32 AM
CP Thunder
Drifting

Just arrived in Oklahoma on personal business and got your email..........

Please contact me immediately to arrange for downpayment (amount sent to you in seperate email) and consider this car sold at your full asking price with spares.

Please provide the requested information on the trailer so we can determine if it will meet our needs, and if so, we will purchase it at full asking price also.

Email sent to your personal address confirming this information also.

Thanks

Last edited by CP Thunder; 11-03-2011 at 04:43 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:05 AM
JerryTX
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

John and I struck a deal last night and I'll be picking up the car the weekend of 11/19, its new home will be in Texas. FYI.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:11 AM
Racer-38
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations! You got a great car from a really nice guy. Enjoy.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:27 AM
CP Thunder
Drifting

Thats too bad............for some reason he didn't think we were serious about buying his car.............not sure why he thought that.........here is an email chain with our last discussion............his response to my email leads followed by mine that I sent him back on the 1st of November.....

Notice the request for how to pay him .......... and the request for him to call us to close the deal.......

Regardless........enjoy your new car........hope you get many years of entertainment and SAFE racing out of her.

QUOTES....

Response from Mr Murphy received last night:

It might help to talk but my guy feeling is that this is not going anywhere. I have
other people asking about the car and I am going to tell them it is available. Sorry

Sent from my iPhone

Message sent from me on Nov 1, 2011, TUESDAY at 9:48 PM, "Steve Glaab" <sglaab@tconl.com> wrote:

>
> yeah.......I caught the ARE tank cap last night after I had sent the email. (in response to a dry sump question I had)
>
> Natha wants to know how you would like to handle payment. She is thinking
> a fair down payment and cashier check upon pickup? Thoughts?
>
> Sent you a PM on the forums last night too......some duplicate questions.
> Sorry.....this would be easier if we could just talk for 20 minutes
> sometime!! LOL!!
>
> Natha and I are going to Oklahoma tomorrow to handle some family business.
> If you would like to get this deal done, give me a call sometime Thursday
> evening. My number is (402.... If that works for you.
>
> Still would like to see some pics of the trailer. Will it fit a car and
> golf cart? We are 'guessing' its about 36-38 footer? We noticed in a
> couple of your other pics it has cabinets and tire racks. Generator? I
> think you said it had AC. Does that also double as a heat unit? It gets
> COLD up here!!!
>
> Take care.....hope to hear from you soon and that you are feeling better.
>
> Steve

That was the THIRD message I sent asking how he wanted payment. I spent weeks trying to get specific information about what T1 parts were on the car, which parts weren't T1 legal (the exhaust doesn't meet T1 rules) etc. I would send a messages with multiple questions and would get a response answering only one........

John.......if you didn't want to sell us the car.........you should have just said so.

Sorry this didn't work out. Natha had her heart set on buying your entire setup.

I hope you feel better soon and make a full recovery from your illness..........

OUR search begins anew.............
Old 11-03-2011, 09:38 AM
wallyman424
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does natha want an st2 car?
Old 11-03-2011, 09:40 AM
JerryTX
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Each buyer and seller has his own preferences, I can't tell you or speculate why our transaction was more appealing. Thanks for the well wishes and best of luck in your search!
Old 11-03-2011, 09:44 AM
CP Thunder
Drifting

Wally.........shoot me specs........don't want to hijack this thread. Am sure STO could be an option.......grin. We have two people looking at her car we may have to now put a hold on if I can't find her a C6 for T1.......I don't want to sell hers until we have a C6 sitting next to it (gotta make sure she has a toy to play with).....

Last edited by CP Thunder; 11-03-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:47 AM
CP Thunder
Drifting

Originally Posted by jerrytx
Each buyer and seller has his own preferences, I can't tell you or speculate why our transaction was more appealing. Thanks for the well wishes and best of luck in your search!
No ill will here Jerry.....just not sure how more appealling 'tell me how you want payment' could be......obviously (or at least to us) we were giving him full asking price......

Not sure where this went south but we will find another car. Like I told John.....he had the inside track because she wanted a WHITE race car. Just looks like a full body wrap coming on!!
Old 11-03-2011, 10:29 AM
yooper
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Retired from racing

Originally Posted by jmurf28
Car is ready to go. I was going to run at Road Atlanta but I got sick again and could go. My license expires end of July so unless the doctors find out whats wrong I will not be entering any more events.
Hope you get well soon. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:51 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

****** deal steve, some people just dont know how to conduct a proper business transaction process i guess.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:24 AM
CP Thunder
Drifting

Originally Posted by dvandentop
****** deal steve, some people just dont know how to conduct a proper business transaction process i guess.
I'm not going there......we must have just not been on the same page for some reason......BTW.......you missed a GREAT BOO BASH at MAM last week...........we didn't bring the Vette but did manage to pop the head gasket out of Johns Porsche.........LOL.

Maybe now I can get him to send it to Lindsay Racing for a proper bulletproof build......(hint....450HP).....GRIN
Old 11-03-2011, 11:26 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

I'm not going there......we must have just not been on the same page for some reason......BTW.......you missed a GREAT BOO BASH at MAM last week...........we didn't bring the Vette but did manage to pop the head gasket out of Johns Porsche.........LOL.
yeah wish i coulda made it will be there for opening weekend next spring! i am sure i will have the itch by then!

Get notified of new replies

To Retiring from racing

Old 11-03-2011, 11:29 AM
CP Thunder
Drifting

Originally Posted by YOOPER
Hope you get well soon. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience.
I hope you are still interested in Nathas car.......it IS for sale but please understand I can't let it go until a replacement is in the garage. The new pics have been taken and I will get them to you as promised (probably today if I get the time).

Besides.......isn't it a bit chilly for racing this time of year up there??? I spent time in the 'U.P.' in January mid 1990s at the old KI Sawyer AFB......what an ICEBERG!!!
Old 11-03-2011, 12:36 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Wally.........shoot me specs........don't want to hijack this thread. Am sure STO could be an option.......grin. We have two people looking at her car we may have to now put a hold on if I can't find her a C6 for T1.......I don't want to sell hers until we have a C6 sitting next to it (gotta make sure she has a toy to play with).....
If the Track Queen is considering STO, buy my car. It's a heck of a deal, well sorted out, and reliable as heck.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:08 PM
CP Thunder
Drifting

Originally Posted by BuckeyeZ06
If the Track Queen is considering STO, buy my car. It's a heck of a deal, well sorted out, and reliable as heck.
Believe me........told her about your Viper as soon as you put her up for sale........unfortunately, she's not a Viper fan.......stuck on her Vettes. I, unfortunately, have little sway in that particular area.

Quick Reply: Retiring from racing