Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

****GTLM/GTD Pro Racing Talk-NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 11:12 AM
z28lt1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,971 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by 'Shifter
I can understand helping out Ferrari and Porsche, maybe even a little for the Bimmers, but they have already lightened the Vipers (before Watkins Glen), and they are plenty competitive, and if not for a couple little mistakes, they would have been 1-2 in the last two races.

You should read Tommy Milners tweets about the whole mess...

I completely understand the need for an entertaining and competitive race, but how are the BMW's on the pole fairly often, as well as setting the fastest race laps, but not ending up on the podium? Race luck, pure and simple. The Core Porsches were beasts early in the season, what happened to them? The Risi Ferrari has had horrible luck this season, though they looked good at Laguna Seca.
I agree with this, but in addition to luck, there is driver and team skill. The Corvette's pit stops and strategy tend to be excellent, and the drivers tend to be better in traffic than many others. The C7.R is not usually the fastest car on the track, but they win due to the luck you mentioned coupled with good team, strategy, and drivers.

I don't mind slowing down the car (or speeding up the others) if it is faster. I really hate these changes because the Corvette just isn't faster than the Viper on most tracks at this point, but they can still beat them.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:17 PM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Received 548 Likes on 347 Posts

CORVETTE RACING AT INDIANAPOLIS: Looking to Kiss the Bricks For First Time

First race at IMS for Corvette Racing team; Corvette DPs going for first Brickyard GP win

· Corvette Racing visits IMS for first time riding four-race GTLM win streak

· Corvette Daytona Prototype teams claimed pole positions in previous two IMS rounds

· Chevrolet continues to lead both Prototype, GTLM manufacturer championships

DETROIT (July 22, 2014) – There is no shortage of Chevrolet racing history at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. It dates all the back to 1920 with Gaston Chevrolet’s victory in the Indy 500. More than 90 years later, a new page will go into the history book with Corvette Racing’s first race at the famed circuit. The team’s two Chevrolet Corvette C7.Rs will race alongside four Corvette Daytona Prototypes in Friday’s Brickyard Grand Prix for the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.

The inaugural season of the TUDOR Championship has been a good one so far for Chevrolet and the Corvette brand. Chevy leads both the Prototype engine manufacturer championship and the auto manufacturer standings in GT Le Mans (GTLM).

Corvette Racing: Another New Stop

Antonio Garcia and Jan Magnussen ride a four-race win streak with their No. 3 Corvette C7.R into Indianapolis. The duo hasn’t lost since the Long Beach round in April and have surged into the lead of the class’ driver’s championship. They won the American Le Mans Series’ GT championship in 2013.

Garcia has raced once at Indianapolis – 2012 for Spirit of Daytona Racing in a Corvette DP where he finished ninth in class with Richard Westbrook. Magnussen, with experience in nearly every major championship around the world including Formula One, has not been to Indy before… much less raced there. Taking their Corvette to a new venue worked out well earlier when they won in team’s first visit to Watkins Glen last month.

In the No. 4 Corvette C7.R, Tommy Milner has experience racing at Indianapolis during the 2004 Formula BMW season. Teammate Oliver Gavin has not raced there in his storied career. The Gavin/Milner pairing stand fourth in GTLM points and come to the Brickyard in search of their first victory of the season. Their Corvette has suffered from a chassis imbalance that the team worked to remedy following the last TUDOR Championship race at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park.

Corvette DP: Hoping for a Brickyard Breakthrough

Four Corvette Daytona Prototypes are looking to put Chevrolet in Victory Circle for the first time at the Brickyard. It would add to a season that has seen Corvette DPs sweep the overall podium at the Rolex 24 At Daytona and win twice more in the TUDOR Championship.

Speed has been no issue for the Corvette DP at the Brickyard. Jon Fogarty was the fastest qualifier in the GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series’ inaugural Indy round in 2012, and Jordan Taylor followed with pole position last season. The best result in each season was third place: Ricky Taylor and Max Angelelli in 2012 for SunTrust Racing, and Jordan Taylor and Angelelli in 2013.

The Taylors hold the lead in the Prototype driver’s standings and have finished on the podium in four of the last five races. Action Express Racing’s duo of Joao Barbosa and Christian Fittipaldi are second.

Richard Westbrook and Michael Valiante will try to keep their string of strong runs going for Spirit of Daytona Racing. The pairing won at Watkins Glen and came in second at Detroit and Canadian Tire Motorsport Park. In the Marsh Racing Corvette DP, Eric Curran will drive alongside Burt Frisselle, who replaces the injured Boris Said.

Live television coverage of the Brickyard Grand Prix starts at 5:30 p.m. ET, Friday on FOX Sports 1.

GTLM QUOTES

ANTONIO GARCIA, NO. 3 CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R

“It’s a new track for most of us, and it’s new for GTLM. We need to work on learning the track layout and how the surface will work with our car and gathering as much information and data as possible to prepare and have a good car right away. The first session is going to be a time to learn and retrieve as much information as possible to go forward from then on. It will be a time where track time is important. The way you anticipate and work your way to a setup has to be spot-on. It isn’t that different than what we faced at Watkins Glen. We came in with a good, basic setup to start with but we had to work a lot to get the car really good from practice to the race. The entire team worked hard to make that possible and we expect the same for Indy.”

JAN MAGNUSSEN, NO. 3 CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R

“It will be a new track for me. Being such a short weekend, there is a lot of pressure to make the most of things, get in there and get to know the track. It will be good to go to Indy. I’ve never been, even as a spectator, so it will be a really cool experience. . When you’ve been driving for as long as I have, you don’t get to go to a lot of new places. You usually always have some experience in one car or another. So that will be nice. If we can carry on how we have so far with our Corvette, it will be a fantastic first weekend.“

OLIVER GAVIN, NO. 4 CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R – QUALIFIED 4TH

“I was at Indianapolis a couple of years ago for a GRAND-AM race and got to drive the track briefly in a safety car but I didn’t run there at all. I believe the circuit has been modified a little bit since then. It’s an amazing place with so much history. It has that coliseum feel and should be interesting for us to go there. I don’t know how the circuit will suit our form of racing. But it will be good to go there. This is obviously something that Corvette Racing has been keen to do since the two series came together. We are getting to go to these great tracks and places like Daytona, Watkins Glen and now Indy. That’s only good for everybody in the series. Everyone is excited.”

TOMMY MILNER, NO. 4 CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R – QUALIFIED 4TH

“For us to go for the first time with our Corvettes to Indianapolis is pretty special. It’s a great facility with a lot of history. Hopefully we can build some history of our own there. In my case, I’ve raced there before so some of the layout is similar so it’s not all new to me although a lot of it is. It will be the first time there for all of us in the GTLM class so we’re all going in kind of blind. These days with all the simulations that we have all the engineering programs that we and everyone else in our class has, we should have a setup that is pretty close and then it will be up to us drivers. It will take us a little longer to fine-tune our driving lines and brake points. But it’s a fun challenge and a phenomenal race track. The history there is incredible.”

DOUG FEHAN, CORVETTE RACING PROGRAM MANAGER

“There aren’t many race circuits in the world with a history as deep as Indianapolis. For more than 100 years, it has been a focal point of the American racing landscape. Having the opportunity to bring the Chevrolet Corvette C7.R – in its first season – to race in front of such a knowledgeable and passionate fans and Corvette owners is a tremendous opportunity. Chevrolet has a prodigious history at IMS. We are excited to write a new chapter in Indianapolis and Corvette Racing history!”

PROTOTYPE QUOTES

JOAO BARBOSA, NO. 5 ACTION EXPRESS RACING CORVETTE DP

“We’re expecting to win at Indy because that is always our team motto – expect to win. It’s not going to be easy because this championship is very competitive. But we had a very good test at the track. We have a very good car and team so I’m confident we can get back on the podium soon.”

JORDAN TAYLOR, NO. 10 WAYNE TAYLOR RACING CORVETTE DP

“The track has a few changes from the last time we raced there. We've got a slightly different configuration and it's been resurfaced on the infield. I always enjoy going to this race, and I've always enjoyed driving on the track. It's got mostly low-speed corners but can make for a different challenge to get the lap time out of it. It offers a pretty big challenge to the engineer as you're mostly in low-speed corners through the infield, then it's offset by the long front straight.”

BURT FRISSELLE, NO. 31 MARSH RACING CORVETTE DP

“I hope to jump in and help make this unexpected driver change as smooth and seamless as possible. I'm thrilled to be back racing at such a historic venue in the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and then one of the best circuits in the United States at Road America. I am grateful that Action Express Racing gave me their blessing to join Marsh Racing for the next two rounds and I'll give Marsh Racing, my co-driver Eric Curran and the No. 31 Whelen Corvette my absolute best effort!”

TROY FLIS, TEAM OWNER, NO. 90 SPIRIT OF DAYTONA CORVETTE DP

“We didn’t quite get off to the start we wanted at the beginning of the season but it seems we’ve found our stride and the results are finally reflecting what this team is capable of. We have a couple of these Indianapolis races under our belts now and we’re ready to go. It would be incredibly special to win at the Brickyard and to be the ones kissing the bricks at the end!”

JIM LUTZ, CORVETTE DAYTONA PROTOTYPE PROGRAM MANAGER

“It is always an honor for our Corvette Daytona Prototype teams to race at Indianapolis. Chevrolet power has a rich history at IMS and hopefully another chapter is added this weekend. The circuit is somewhat different than what we saw in GRAND-AM the last two years. The new layout with a chicane on the speedway oval, should move the advantage in the race to the P2 machines. Our Corvette DPs were fast on the previous configuration as evidenced by consecutive pole positions. It should be another competitive and exciting race in the Prototype class.”

TUDOR Championship – GTLM Standings

Driver Standings
Team Standings
Manufacturer Standings

1. Antonio Garcia/Jan Magnussen – 190

T2. Bill Auberlen/Andy Priaulx – 171

T2. Dominik Farnbacher/Marc Goossens - 171

3. Jonathan Bomarito/Kuno Wittmer – 170

T4. Oliver Gavin/Tommy Milner – 165

T4. Richard Lietz/Nick Tandy – 138

5. John Edwards/Dirk Muller - 161

1. No. 3 Corvette Racing – 190

2. No. 55 BMW Team RLL – 171

3. No. 91 SRT Motorsports – 171

4. No. 93 SRT Motorsports - 170

5. No. 911 Porsche North America - 165

6. No. 4 Corvette Racing – 165

1. Chevrolet – 194

2. Porsche – 186

3. BMW – 184

4. SRT – 180

5. Ferrari – 162

TUDOR Championship – Prototype Standings

Driver Standings
Team Standings
Engine Manufacturer Standings

1. Jordan Taylor/Ricky Taylor – 218

2. Joao Barbosa/Christian Fittipaldi – 213

3. Gustavo Yacaman – 208

4. Michael Valiante/Richard Westbrook - 207

5. Scott Pruett/Memo Rojas – 192

12. Boris Said – 117

15. Eric Curran – 96

17. Max Angelelli – 85

18. Brian Frisselle/Burt Frisselle – 84

21. Sebastien Bourdais – 67

25. Jon Fogarty – 54

30. Guy Cosmo – 46

1. No. 10 Wayne Taylor Racing – 218

2. No. 5 Action Express Racing – 213

3. No. 42 Oak Racing – 208

4. No. 90 Spirit of Daytona – 207

5. No. 01 Chip Ganassi Racing – 192

11. No. 31 Marsh Racing – 138

12. No. 9 Action Express Racing – 84

18. GAINSCO/Bob Stallings Racing – 14
1. Chevrolet – 231

2. Ford – 218

3. Nissan – 215

4. Honda – 204

5. Mazda – 188

Brickyard Grand Prix – TUDOR Championship (all times ET)

TUDOR Championship Practice 1: 10:45 a.m., Thursday, July 24
TUDOR Championship Practice 2: 1:45 p.m., Thursday, July 24
TUDOR Championship GTLM Qualifying: 4:20 p.m., Thursday, July 24
TUDOR Championship Prototype Qualifying: 5:05 p.m., Thursday, July 24
TUDOR Championship Warmup: 2 p.m., Friday, July 25
Brickyard Grand Prix: 5:45 p.m., Friday, July 25
TV: 5:30 p.m. ET (Live, FOX Sports 1), Friday, July 25
Old 07-25-2014, 12:01 AM
cor123
Melting Slicks

CORVETTE RACING AT INDIANAPOLIS: Garcia Qualifies Sixth in GTLM
Action Express Racing’s Christian Fittipaldi fourth-fastest in prototype qualifying

· Antonio Garcia leads the way for Corvette Racing qualifying sixth – second through sixth separated by one tenth of a second

· Christian Fittipaldi fastest Corvette Daytona Prototype driver in No. 5 Corvette DP

· All Chevrolet Corvette DPs post top 10 qualifying efforts

INDIANAPOLIS (July 24, 2014) – Corvette Racing’s two Chevrolet Corvette C7.Rs qualified sixth and 10th for Friday’s Brickyard Grand Prix at the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Antonio Garcia was sixth-quickest Thursday in qualifying with a lap of 1:22.593 (106.309 mph) in the No. 3 Chevrolet Corvette C7.R he drives with Jan Magnussen.

The Garcia/Magnussen pairing enters the race as the championship leaders in the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship’s GT Le Mans (GTLM) class, and Chevrolet leads in GTLM manufacturer points. The No. 3 Corvette is on a four-race winning streak in GTLM – Long Beach, Laguna Seca, Watkins Glen and Canadian Tire Motorsports Park.

Tommy Milner was 10th on Thursday in the No. 4 Corvette C7.R with a lap of 1:23.237 (105.487 mph). Corvette Racing will take the green flag for the first time at the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Giancarlo Fisichella was the fastest qualifier in GTLM at 1:22.378 (106.587 mph).

Fittipaldi, Action Express Racing to Start on Second Row

Action Express Racing led the Corvette Daytona Prototype contingent in Prototype qualifying Thursday. Christian Fittipaldi piloted the No. 5 Corvette DP to a fourth-place starting position with a time of 1:18.102 (112.422 mph).

Fittipaldi and co-driver Joao Barbosa are looking for their second victory of the season after taking the a season-opening victory in the Rolex 24 At Daytona. Richard Westbrook and Michael Valiante in the No. 90 Spirit of Daytona Corvette DP posted the fifth quickest time of Thursday’s qualifying session with a lap of 1:18.188 (112.299). The paring notched a victory earlier this season at Watkins Glen.

Jordan Taylor was seventh in qualifying in the No. 10 Wayne Taylor Racing Corvette DP. Eric Curran rounded out the Chevrolet-powered cars in the top 10. Curran will pilot the No. 31 Marsh Racing Corvette DP from the ninth starting spot. Ryan Dalziel was the fastest qualifier at 1:17.603 (113.145 mph).

Live television coverage of the Brickyard Grand Prix starts at 5:30 p.m. ET, Friday on FOX Sports 1.

GTLM QUOTES

ON HIS QUALIFYING RUN:
“We were two tenths off which I think I proved again that we took 100 percent out of what we had. So we have confidence toward the race. Anything can happen so we might be sixth, but we are only a tenth off second. It’s very close out there. There is a lot to be gained or lost in traffic. I think that is where Corvette Racing will gain on everybody, and if we run a smart race we can go for a fifth victory.”

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME YOU’VE RACED ON THIS TRACK. ARE THERE A LOT OF GOOD PASSING ZONES?
“I don’t know. I never run really tight or really close with other GTLM cars. I think traffic is going to be the key thing – not only speed. I think the traffic factor will be more than 50 percent of the race.”

TOMMY MILNER, NO. 4 CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R
ON HIS QUALIFYING RUN:
“It’s first time here for us, and we obviously came here this weekend with some rules changes that were pretty much stacked against us. The No. 3 Corvette C7.R guys have been fast all year, qualifying up front. Now they can do no better than sixth. We are obviously on the back foot there, but I think we just missed it with the setup on our car. We were okay earlier today. We have been struggling all year a little bit with pace in our car. I think we got a little bit off plan with what we kind of set out to do this weekend. It seemed to work but I think it hurt us here in qualifying. It’s so close in GTLM that if you have a bad session,, that is it and you are at the back. It’s not where you want to be, but the car seemed good in practice on old tires compared to our competitors. It seemed like we were quick. At least from last there is nowhere else to go but up. That is what I’m looking forward to tomorrow.”

PROTOTYPE QUOTES

CHRISTIAN FITTIPALDI, NO. 5 ACTION EXPRESS RACING CORVETTE DP

ON HIS QUALIFYING RUN:
“It was good. I think we made progress during the whole day. I hadn’t been here so the track was new to me. Although I had been here last year there had been a couple of changes. We came up to speed pretty good. We did decent strategy in qualifying. We waited three or four minutes to go out. I think it was the right thing to do. I hit a little bit of traffic. I can’t complain. Maybe my limit here today was a 1:17.8, but I wasn’t going to run a 1:17.6 – no way. We will get them tomorrow. We have a fast Corvette DP. We know who we are fighting against in points. Just go for the battle tomorrow.”

Driver Standings
Team Standings
Manufacturer Standings

1. Antonio Garcia/Jan Magnussen – 190

T2. Bill Auberlen/Andy Priaulx – 171

T2. Dominik Farnbacher/Marc Goossens - 171

3. Jonathan Bomarito/Kuno Wittmer – 170

T4. Oliver Gavin/Tommy Milner – 165

T4. Richard Lietz/Nick Tandy – 138

5. John Edwards/Dirk Muller - 161

1. No. 3 Corvette Racing – 190

2. No. 55 BMW Team RLL – 171

3. No. 91 SRT Motorsports – 171

4. No. 93 SRT Motorsports - 170

5. No. 911 Porsche North America - 165

6. No. 4 Corvette Racing – 165

1. Chevrolet – 194

2. Porsche – 186

3. BMW – 184

4. SRT – 180

5. Ferrari – 162

Driver Standings
Team Standings

1. Jordan Taylor/Ricky Taylor – 218

2. Joao Barbosa/Christian Fittipaldi – 213

3. Gustavo Yacaman – 208

4. Michael Valiante/Richard Westbrook - 207

5. Scott Pruett/Memo Rojas – 192

12. Boris Said – 117

15. Eric Curran – 96

17. Max Angelelli – 85

18. Brian Frisselle/Burt Frisselle – 84

21. Sebastien Bourdais – 67

25. Jon Fogarty – 54

30. Guy Cosmo – 46

1. No. 10 Wayne Taylor Racing – 218

2. No. 5 Action Express Racing – 213

3. No. 42 Oak Racing – 208

4. No. 90 Spirit of Daytona – 207

5. No. 01 Chip Ganassi Racing – 192

11. No. 31 Marsh Racing – 138

1. Chevrolet – 231

2. Ford – 218

3. Nissan – 215

4. Honda – 204

5. Mazda – 188

Brickyard Grand Prix – TUDOR Championship (all times ET)

· TUDOR Championship Warmup: 2 p.m., Friday, July 25

· Brickyard Grand Prix: 5:45 p.m., Friday, July 25

· TV: 5:30 p.m. ET (Live, FOX Sports 1), Friday, July 25
Old 08-05-2014, 11:05 AM
'Shifter
Thoroughly chapped
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 409 Likes on 327 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17
NCM Member '09

It's very classy that the drivers don't complain (publicly) about being given a BoP that will take them out of championship contention. Now that IMSA has adjusted the Porsches twice (since Core didn't have time to apply the first breaks before Indy) without seeing how the first adjustment worked, they are manipulating the championship to keep teams from bailing out. First up was the Vipers and Ferrari, then Porsche, mark my words that BMW will be next.

IMSA really doesn't want a repeat of what Corvette Racing did to GT1.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:53 AM
Z06Ronald
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 'Shifter
It's very classy that the drivers don't complain (publicly) about being given a BoP that will take them out of championship contention. Now that IMSA has adjusted the Porsches twice (since Core didn't have time to apply the first breaks before Indy) without seeing how the first adjustment worked, they are manipulating the championship to keep teams from bailing out. First up was the Vipers and Ferrari, then Porsche, mark my words that BMW will be next.

IMSA really doesn't want a repeat of what Corvette Racing did to GT1.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:58 AM
cor123
Melting Slicks

CORVETTE RACING AT INDIANAPOLIS: Action Express Kisses The Bricks

Barbosa, Fittipaldi give Corvette first Indy win; Corvette C7.Rs place fourth and fifth in GTLM

· Fuel strategy makes the different for No. 5 Action Express Corvette DP

· Podium streak continues for Westbrook, Valiante

· Garcia, Magnussen maintain GTLM championship lead

INDIANAPOLIS (July 25, 2014) – Joao Barbosa and Christian Fittipaldi made history Friday by taking the Corvette brand to Victory Lane at Indianapolis Motor Speedway for the first time. The duo drove their No. 5 Action Express Racing Corvette Daytona Prototype to a win in the Brickyard Grand Prix for the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.

The Action Express team chose to gamble on fuel at the end of the race and went the last 52-plus minutes on the same tank of fuel as Barbosa took the win by 48.964 seconds. It was the first win at The Brickyard for the Corvette DP program.

In GT Le Mans, Corvette Racing’s two Chevrolet Corvette C7.Rs finished fourth and fifth in their first race at Indianapolis.

"Today's win by Joao Barbosa and Christian Fittipaldi in the No. 5 Action Express Corvette DP was a great example of teamwork,” said Jim Campbell, Chevrolet U.S. Vice President, Performance Vehicles and Motorsports. “Joao and Christian optimized their performance while also managing fuel efficiency each lap. Smart driving, fuel management and crisp pit stops resulted with their first win at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. It was great to watch the team kiss the bricks after the win.

“Also congratulations to Richard Westbrook and Michael Valiante on their streak of four straight podiums including one win in the No. 90 Spirit of Daytona Corvette DP.

“The No. 3 and No. 4 Corvette C7.R drivers and crews again demonstrated their ‘never-give-up attitude with strong runs that netted them fourth and fifth finishing positions despite numerous challenges during the race,” Campbell added. “It was a total team effort focusing on maximizing their opportunity for good finishes and championship points.”

Corvette DP: Fuel Strategy Wins Out for Action Express Racing

The race both started well and ended well for Action Express Racing. Fittipaldi in the No. 5 Corvette DP led from the outset, going from fourth at the start to first after the first two corners. At the end, Fittipaldi and Barbosa added an Indianapolis victory to go with their season-opening triumph in the Rolex 24 At Daytona.

Michael Valiante and Richard Westbrook made it two Corvette DPs on the podium. They were third in the No. 90 Spirit of Daytona Racing entry. Through eight races, Corvette DPs have been on the class podium 14 times.

The result increased Chevrolet’s lead in the Prototype engine manufacturer championship. Fittipaldi and Barbosa also moved back into the lead of the driver’s standings ahead of Wayne Taylor Racing’s Jordan Taylor and Ricky Taylor, who teamed to finish fourth.

GTLM: Fourth and Fifth in First Visit

Antonio Garcia and fellow class championship leader Jan Magnussen saw their four-race winning streak in the TUDOR Championship’s GT Le Mans (GTLM) class come to an end with a fourth-place finish. Magnussen in the No. 3 Corvette C7.R was running in the top-five early before he was hit by a slower car and spun just past the 20-minute mark.

After dropping back to 10th after the collision, Magnussen worked his back up to third before handing off to Garcia with 53 minutes left. The Spaniard was able to maneuver around Oliver Gavin in the No. 4 Corvette for fourth in the closing minutes.

Gavin and Tommy Milner went from 10th in class at the start to finish fifth. It was the best result for the duo in the No. 4 Corvette C7.R since a third-place showing at Long Beach in April. Milner gained four spots in the first 10 laps and held a steady pace throughout.

Garcia and Magnussen maintained their lead in the GTLM driver’s championship, as did Chevrolet in the auto manufacturer standings.

The next round of the TUDOR Championship is set for Sunday, Aug. 10 from Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wis.

PROTOTYPE QUOTES

JOAO BARBOSA, NO. 5 ACTION EXPRESS RACING CORVETTE DP

"I was saving fuel the whole time once I go in the car. We knew that would be the difference between one less pit stop at the end. That proved to be just a perfect decision. I was struggling a little bit in the beginning. It was hard to keep the other cars behind me. I was able to keep a good pace. The Corvette DP was awesome. Action Express did an excellent strategy, excellent pit stops and gave me the lead at the end for the last hour. I was able to manage the fuel consumption, the traffic, avoid mistakes and bring it home. I am very proud of winning at Indy with such a great bunch of guys at Action Express. It is awesome to win here - such a great place with such great history. To win Daytona and Indy in the same year - what an unbelievable achievement and feeling."

CHRISTIAN FITTIPALDI, NO. 5 ACTION EXPRESS RACING CORVETTE DP

"It was definitely a smart, exciting race. Action Express gave me a very, very good car. We had the consistency; we had the speed throughout the race. I just had to keep it cool at the beginning of the race for my stint. I had to push but couldn't afford to make any mistakes. Obviously Joao went out for a longer stint, and he did an excellent job, and he brought it home. We are really, really happy. This took a monkey off of our back, like we were knocking at the door a couple of times. I don't know what to say. It is fantastic And I think we are unofficially back in P1 in the points right now. It couldn't have been better."

MICHAEL VALIANTE, NO. 90 SPIRIT OF DAYTONA CORVETTE DP

"We came here not with a great car, and the team did a fantastic job making as many gains as we could before the race. We were close. Richard and I talked and wanted to make sure we got on the podium today because we didn't think we had the car to win. We achieved that goal, but we are going to have to roll off the truck better the next couple of rounds if we want to contend for a championship. We have a four-race streak going, but we want to be back on top."

RICHARD WESTBROOK, NO. 90 SPIRIT OF DAYTONA CORVETTE DP

"We are just keeping this incredible run going. Since Detroit, we've been on the podium - second, first, second and now third. That is where we need to be if we want to be vying for the championship. That is our goal now. So yes, I am pretty happy. It would have been nice to have a bit more pace. We'll come after them at Road America. It was so close at the end. It was a tough one, but it has been a good Indy for us compared to last year. It is just 200 percent better."

“Congratulations to Action Express Racing, Joao Barbosa and Christian Fittipaldi on their second victory of the season. It took a terrific team effort by the drivers, engineers and crew to put the Corvette Daytona Prototype in Victory Circle both at Daytona and now at Indianapolis. Having two Corvette DPs on the podium here is no small feat. More importantly, Chevrolet was able to extend its engine manufacturer points lead heading to Road America.”

GTLM QUOTES

“Who knows… (without the contact) we may could have fought for the podium at the end. We’ve been fighting really hard the whole season to be up there. We were not necessarily the fastest but we did it by being smart. Today we had probably the slowest car out there and still managed to place fourth and fifth. I hope there will be a time where there will be a Corvette fight like we had except for P1 and P2. It was fun and really good but would be even better if it was for a win.”

“It was such a shame about the contact out there. I'm not sure what happened. I think the guy on the inside lost it and hit me, and spun me around. Up until then, the car was pretty decent. We were fighting with everybody. Traffic was really bad out there. It is really, really hard to do anything other than follow the guy ahead. I don't know if the car got damage, but it seemed we lost a little bit after the contact. We'll have to maximize our points score today. Hopefully we will have a better race at Road America."

OLIVER GAVIN, NO. 4 CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R

“I think we’re gaining on the car. Chuck Houghton (No. 4 engineer) worked pretty hard on that overnight. Tommy drove a great first stint. It was pretty crazy there especially when Jan spun around, there was a lot of smoke everywhere and Tommy did a great job of missing that. When I got in, we knew it was going to be tough to the end fighting with Antonio. I had a little bit of a braking issue. I got balked up in traffic too on one lap and Antonio got by. This track makes for hectic and crazy racing. Both our cars finished with plenty of bumps and scraped. We certainly made some progress and it was good to get a good, solid fifth place with no problems. Onward to Road America to see what we can get there.”

"That was a long stint but a lot of fun. Sometimes you are in the car for a long time, whatever that was, and you are racing nobody or anything, and it is boring. But that was the complete opposite of boring. That was chaos. It was just madness on the race track everywhere...every lap. There may have been three or four laps total that I did that were very calm. But it was a lot of fun. The car felt good, so the guys did a great job getting the car to where it needed to be for the race."

Ryan Smith Judy Kouba Dominick
Old 08-06-2014, 10:31 AM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Road America, Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, USA
August 8 - 10, 2014

Tune-in Details:

Television Broadcast:
8/10/2014 at 6:30 pm EDT on Fox Sports 1
(race starts at 1:15 pm EDT)

Live Qualifying:
8/09/2014 starts at 4:20 pm EDT on IMSA.com

Online Coverage
IMSA.com (includes live images, in-car cameras and announcers)
http://www.imsa.com/

LIVE TIMING:
http://scoring.imsa.com/

Live Timing for mobile device:
http://scoring.imsa.com/mobile.html

PIT NOTES:
https://twitter.com/search?q=IMSA

http://twitter.com/ @CorvetteRacing, @UnitedSportsCar, @IMSA, @IMSAlive, @DISupdates,

TICKET INFO:
http://www.roadamerica.com/buy-ticke...che=1399347669

Event Schedule:
http://www.roadamerica.com/media/wys...DOR_8-1-14.pdf

Entry List:
http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...che=1399347669

Maps:
http://www.roadamerica.com/maps.html

Spotters Guide:
http://www.spotterguides.com/

WEATHER:
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...ke+WI+USWI0218

Corvette Corral:

Road America/Dan Binks Auction:
For those of you attending Road America, here is a list and picture of a few items that Dan Binks will have on the auction block. The items correspond with the # listings below. If you can't attend, you can send Dan your high bid and credit card info and he will let you know if you are the successful winner. (Email me privately for Dan's email address if you wish to place a bid or check him out on facebook)

Auction is Saturday, August 9, at noon local time

Photo link: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Here is a list by number of each piece ! (see attached photo for item)
#1 2014 #73 Le Mans pit sign
#2 2014 #74 Le Mans pit sign
#3 2010 Doug Fehan Shoes
#4 2010 Oliver Gavin petit fire suit
#5 Ayrton Senna Tag sunglasses
#6 framed photo of both C7Rs at Sebring
#7 Brian Hoye Le Mans pit arm band
#8 Dan Binks Le Mans pit arm band
#9 2002 Kelly Colins fire suit
#10 2002 Johnny O'Oonnel fire suit
#11 2011 Doug Fehan fire suit
#12 2014 Le Mans pit box sign 74 car
#13 2014 Le Mans pit box sign 73 car
#14 2001 Dale Sr. die cast model
#15 2014 Indy RF fender
#16 2014 Indy right side rocker
#17 2011 crankshaft lamp built by Dan Binks
#18 2006 LF C6R fender signed by all the drivers
#19 2014 #73 Le Mans race windshield P2
#20 2011 #3 hood
Old 08-06-2014, 01:30 PM
cor123
Melting Slicks

GM Media:

CORVETTE RACING AT ROAD AMERICA: Back on Hallowed Ground

“America’s National Park of Speed” the next challenge for Corvette teams in TUDOR Championship

· Corvette C7.Rs back at Road America for second time in 2014

· Corvette Daytona Prototype teams seek first Elkhart Lake victory

· Chevrolet enters with lead in Prototype, GTLM championships

DETROIT (Aug. 6, 2014) – Four Corvette Daytona Prototypes and the Corvette Racing team’s two Chevrolet Corvette C7.Rs will contend for class victories this weekend at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin.

One year ago, the landmark 4.048-mile, 14-turn track served as the site of a coming together of U.S. sports car racing as the American Le Mans Series (ALMS) and GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series competed on the same weekend. Fast-forward to the present day and the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship is headed back to Road America with Corvette Racing ready to make an impact of its own.

Corvette Racing: In a Familiar Place

Whether it’s for testing or racing, Corvette Racing has plenty of laps in-hand at Road America. Since 2002, the team has six class victories to its credit at the circuit – the last coming in 2008. Corvette Racing also routinely tests at Road America ahead of the 24 Hours of Le Mans. In addition, it’s where the team conducted its first test of the Corvette C7.R last August.

In 2013, both of Corvette Racing’s two entries made the GT podium in the American Le Mans Series’ race. Class champions Antonio Garcia and Jan Magnussen were second in the No. 3 Corvette C6.R with Oliver Gavin – a four-time pole winner at Road America – and Tommy Milner third in their No. 4 Corvette.

The ALMS’ GT class has transitioned into the TUDOR Championship’s GT Le Mans (GTLM) class with many of the same competitors. Garcia and Magnussen lead the class championship with four victories this year in the No. 3 Corvette C7.R. Meanwhile, Gavin and Milner are fifth in the No. 4 Corvette.

Corvette Racing’s performance also has Chevrolet in the lead of the GTLM manufacturer standings. The No. 3 Corvette heads the class team championship.

Corvette DP: Overdue for Road America Victory

Two weeks ago, the Corvette Daytona Prototype program scored its first victory at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The four Corvette DPs will look for a repeat at Road America, a place Chevrolet would very much like to capture an overall victory. The Bowtie brand continues to lead the Prototype manufacturer standings with three races to go.

Action Express Racing’s Joao Barbosa and Christian Fittipaldi enter Road America as the Prototype championship leaders following their win at IMS in their No. 5 Corvette DP. The duo placed second in last year’s Road America round and led the Corvette DP contingent.

Burt Frisselle finished third with brother Brian in a second Action Express Corvette DP in 2013. This time around, he will fill in again for Boris Said in Marsh Racing’s No. 31 Corvette DP alongside Eric Curran. Spirit of Daytona Racing’s duo of Michael Valiante and Richard Westbrook, who set the fastest lap of the 2012 Rolex Series race, look for a fourth straight podium following a win, a pair of runner-up finishes and a third-place in the last four races.

Wayne Taylor Racing’s Jordan Taylor and Ricky Taylor fell to second in the driver standings after Indianapolis behind Barbosa and Fittipaldi. The Taylors are two points back in the championship.

FOX Sports 1’s television coverage of the Continental Tire Road Race Showcase starts at 6:30 p.m. ET Sunday. Live coverage of qualifying begins at 4:20 p.m. ET Friday on IMSA.com.

GTLM QUOTES

“Road America has a great reputation not just in America but Europe as well. It has a little bit of European style to it with the layout and length. Plus there are a couple of large areas of gravel runoff areas for runoff. It is very fast and requires a car that has the right balance between downforce and low-drag. Corvette Racing has a very good history at Road America in the ALMS and with our testing program for Le Mans. Jan and I finished second last year in the final race there with the Corvette C6.R. I am hoping the testing we have done with the C7.R last year and in May will give us that little bit we need to capture victory.”

“The first time I was at Road America was in a Champ Car. The place demands a lot of respect. It has some very fast corners like the Carousel and the Kink that if you get it wrong – especially in the Kink – it will mean a big crash. It’s also a place where if you are a little brave and skilled, it can make a difference. But I think that’s why the track appeals to so many people and they have it as one of their favorite tracks in the world. When we go there for our Le Mans testing, we are testing low-downforce packages. That is the key to a fast lap time at Le Mans. I think we’ll run the cars a little differently for this race because we will make everything 100 percent for Road America and not Le Mans.”

OLIVER GAVIN, NO. 4 CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R

“It’s one of those circuits that as long as you are using a bit of controlled aggression and you’re pushing the limits – maybe you have to exit and use a little bit of curb here and there – it does make a difference. You can chip away and gain ground on the car in front. It is a tough track to race. It presents a compromise between how much downforce you run to how little drag you want. There are some circumstances where you can go around Road America quicker in a low-downforce setting versus a high-downforce setup. So you have both ends of the spectrum where certain cars are quicker in certain sections due to the amounts of downforce and drag. It’s a perfect mix.”

“While there is quite a bit of start-stop and some hard brake zones, Road America still has a great flow and rhythm to it. As we’ve seen over the years, it’s a great track for us. Because we have these big brake zones, it allows us to make our passing opportunities. It’s a great track for sports car racing and one that has a lot of history. We tested the car before Le Mans in quite a different spec than what we would run for outright lap time at Road America, which is basically adding downforce to the car. That seems to be the quicker way around the track. You wouldn’t run as much as you would at a place like Long Beach but certainly a lot more than what we ran at the test earlier this year. But you can pull some information from the tires we ran on the test days and how the responded to the track surface; that sort of data is helpful.”

DOUG FEHAN, CORVETTE RACING PROGRAM MANAGER

“There are so many reasons to love Road America, not the least of which is the racing. Four miles of extreme speed, huge elevation changes and some of the greatest corners in North America make this place one of our favorites. Not to mention this is the site of the very first Corvette Corral. Our fans here know exactly what challenges we are now facing. Rest assured, we are going to collect as many points as we possible can to stay atop the rankings in the run for our third straight championship.”

PROTOTYPE QUOTES

RICHARD WESTBROOK, NO. 90 SPIRIT OF DAYTONA CORVETTE DP

“Road America is one of my favorites. For me, it's the North American version of Spa Francorchamps. We always have had good pace in Elkhart Lake but Lady Luck has not been on our side the last two years. Road America has a bit of everything: some slow-speed and high-speed corners including the Carousel, which is one of the best corners out there. Good aero balance is key for this corner but it is very hard on the tires. With our recent strong runs, we are in the title hunt so another podium will be needed to continue to stay in contention for the last two events.”

MICHAEL VALIANTE, NO. 90 SPIRIT OF DAYTONA CORVETTE DP

“With so few races left, we have to keep pushing hard to close the gap in points. Road America is a great track and getting a good lap in there is awesome for the drivers. I think the Kink is probably my favorite corner.”

“Road America is one of North America’s great race tracks. Winning there is no easy task, and everyone within the Corvette DP program is anxious to make that happen this year. Its long straightaways mix with a combination of low- to medium-speed corners and high-speed bends that the mettle of every driver. The key to success at Road America is aerodynamic balance – the amount of downforce and drag a team chooses. As always, we’ve worked with our partners at Pratt & Miller, ECR and our teams to develop the best possible optimum setup for our Corvette DPs.”

Driver Standings
Team Standings
Manufacturer Standings

1. Antonio Garcia/Jan Magnussen – 219

2. Jonathan Bomarito/Kuno Wittmer – 206

3. Bill Auberlen/Andy Priaulx – 197

4. Dominik Farnbacher/Marc Goossens - 195

5. Oliver Gavin/Tommy Milner – 192
1. No. 3 Corvette Racing – 219

2. No. 93 SRT Motorsports – 206

3. No. 55 BMW Team RLL – 197

4. No. 91 SRT Motorsports – 195

5. No. 4 Corvette Racing – 192

1. Chevrolet – 222

2. Porsche – 216

3. SRT – 215

4. BMW – 210

5. Ferrari – 194

Driver Standings
Team Standings

1. Joao Barbosa/Christian Fittipaldi – 249

2. Jordan Taylor/Ricky Taylor – 247

3. Michael Valiante/Richard Westbrook – 238

4. Gustavo Yacaman – 232

5. Scott Pruett – 225

14. Boris Said – 117

18. Burt Frisselle – 105

19. Eric Curran – 97

20. Max Angelelli – 85

21. Brian Frisselle – 84

23. Sebastien Bourdais – 67

28. Jon Fogarty – 54
1. No. 5 Action Express Racing – 249

2. No. 10 Wayne Taylor Racing – 247

3. No. 90 Spirit of Daytona – 238

4. No. 42 Oak Racing – 232

5. No. 01 Chip Ganassi Racing – 225

11. No. 31 Marsh Racing – 159

1. Chevrolet – 266

2. Ford – 250

3. Nissan – 245

4. Honda – 232

5. Mazda – 214

Continental Tire Road Race Showcase – TUDOR Championship (all times CT)

TUDOR Championship Practice 1: 4:40 p.m., Friday, Aug. 8
TUDOR Championship Practice 2: 9:15 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 9
TUDOR Championship Practice 3: 3:10 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 9
TUDOR Championship GTLM Qualifying: 4:40 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 9
TUDOR Championship Prototype Qualifying: 5:25 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 9
TUDOR Championship Warmup: 9:05 a.m., Sunday, Aug. 10
Continental Tire Road Race Showcase: 1:15 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 10

Continental Tire Road Race Showcase – Watch It (all times ET)

Qualifying: 5:20 p.m. ET (IMSA.com), Saturday, Aug. 9
Race: 6:30 p.m. ET (FOX Sports 1), Sunday, Aug. 10

CONTACTS: Ryan Smith Judy Kouba Dominick
Old 08-08-2014, 09:53 PM
cor123
Melting Slicks

GM Media:

CORVETTE RACING AT COTA: Adding American Flavor to WEC Round

Milner, Taylors to team in Corvette C7.R for Six Hours of Circuit of The Americas

· All-American lineup in lone U.S. race for FIA WEC

· Entry sponsored by Konica Minolta and Michelin

DETROIT (Aug. 8, 2014) – Corvette Racing will field a Chevrolet Corvette C7.R in the Six Hours of Circuit of The Americas on Saturday, Sept. 20 in the only race for the FIA World Endurance Championship in the U.S. The Corvette C7.R entry will have a distinctive American flavor with Tommy Milner, Jordan Taylor and Ricky Taylor teaming in the GTE Pro class at the venue in Austin, Texas.

The All-American trio will also compete in the weekend’s TUDOR United SportsCar Championship round, albeit on different teams – Milner with Corvette Racing in the No. 4 Corvette C7.R as part of that series’ GT Le Mans class and the Taylors in their Wayne Taylor Racing Corvette Daytona Prototype. The two-hour, 45-minute TUDOR Championship race will precede the six-hour WEC round that will offer the challenge of starting in the daylight to finish under the stars.

The TUDOR Championship, sanctioned by the International Motor Sports Association (IMSA), is North America’s leading professional sports car series. The FIA WEC is a global championship that features the 24 Hours of Le Mans, sanctioned by the Automobile Club de l’Ouest (ACO).

Konica Minolta, full-time sponsor on the No. 10 Corvette DP driven by the Taylor brothers will co-sponsor the WEC effort along with long-time Corvette Racing technical partner Michelin.

“Chevrolet and Corvette Racing pride themselves on competing against the best sports car manufacturers and teams in the world,” said Mark Kent, Chevrolet Director of Racing. “This is a great opportunity to race in both the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship and FIA World Endurance Championship at Circuit of The Americas. The event will shine a spotlight on Chevrolet and the Corvette brand domestically and internationally.

“Chevrolet is fully committed to help grow the stature of sports car racing in North America," Kent continued. "It is important for us to support our partners in the TUDOR Championship as well as the FIA and ACO during one of the biggest weekend for sports car racing in North America. We greatly appreciate Konica Minolta and Michelin as without their support, this FIA WEC entry would not have been possible.”

CORVETTE RACING FIA WEC QUOTES

TOMMY MILNER

“Doing two races on the same weekend will be somewhat difficult. It will be made a little easier by going to and from essentially the same car. But I’m definitely looking forward to the challenge. It will be fun to have Ricky and Jordan in the car with us. Jordan obviously has time in the Corvette C7.R from Le Mans, and Ricky has time from last year at Le Mans in the C6.R. For Jordan, I’m sure driving the car in a full downforce spec will be quite a bit different than what he experienced at Le Mans. We’ll be helping them get going early on with lots of bouncing back and forth. It’s a challenge but I’m looking forward to it.

“It’s a great opportunity for the three of us to compete in this race for Chevrolet and Corvette Racing. I obviously know Jordan and Ricky pretty well. While the three of us will do everything we can do win in the WEC, our primary focus will be on the TUDOR Championship. We each are contending for championships in our respective classes, so doing what we can to score maximum points there is our primary focus.”

JORDAN TAYLOR

“This is an amazing opportunity. To be racing a Corvette in the FIA World Endurance Championship on American soil, with an all-American lineup… it couldn't be any cooler. It will be my first time racing in the WEC, other than doing Le Mans the past few years, so it's going to be a bit of a different feel racing in more of a sprint race format. We'll be representing America on a world stage. I can't wait.

“We're obviously racing for the championship in the TUDOR race, so we'll have to keep an eye on our main competitors to try and maximize our points. The WEC race is a one-off for us. We have nothing to lose, so we'll be there with one goal – to win. It's two different mentalities; both have their challenges.”

RICKY TAYLOR

“It is a very important weekend for us on many levels. For me it will be my first opportunity to drive for Corvette Racing and my first time in GTE Pro. I am really looking forward to getting to know the team and working with everyone on a race weekend. With three American drivers in an American marque, we have a really special opportunity here.

“We plan to sit in the car at Road America to figure out if we need to make a new seat. Jordan has been great; he keeps saying how much the car has improved and that I will be just fine in the car. Most of the learning will come after the first free practice when we are able to compare data and I have an idea of what the car does.”
Old 08-10-2014, 10:22 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by cor123
Road America, Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin,

Here is a list by number of each piece ! (see attached photo for item)
#1 2014 #73 Le Mans pit sign
#2 2014 #74 Le Mans pit sign
#3 2010 Doug Fehan Shoes
#4 2010 Oliver Gavin petit fire suit
#5 Ayrton Senna Tag sunglasses
#6 framed photo of both C7Rs at Sebring
#7 Brian Hoye Le Mans pit arm band
#8 Dan Binks Le Mans pit arm band
#9 2002 Kelly Colins fire suit
#10 2002 Johnny O'Oonnel fire suit
#11 2011 Doug Fehan fire suit
#12 2014 Le Mans pit box sign 74 car
#13 2014 Le Mans pit box sign 73 car
#14 2001 Dale Sr. die cast model
#15 2014 Indy RF fender
#16 2014 Indy right side rocker
#17 2011 crankshaft lamp built by Dan Binks
#18 2006 LF C6R fender signed by all the drivers
#19 2014 #73 Le Mans race windshield P2
#20 2011 #3 hood

do you know how much the hood went for?? how about any other items?
Old 08-11-2014, 01:39 AM
mtdo2007
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dvandentop
do you know how much the hood went for?? How about any other items?
$3000
Old 08-11-2014, 06:11 AM
cor123
Melting Slicks

The auction grand total was $23,000 !
Old 08-11-2014, 09:17 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by mtdo2007
$3000
thanks for the info i was thinking it would go for about 2500 but obviously went a little higher.

Originally Posted by cor123
The auction grand total was $23,000 !
yeah saw that on race yesterday that is great.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:22 AM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Final Two Rounds Of 2014 TUDOR Championship To Be Televised On FOX

Two-Hour Telecasts On FOX Part Of Strong Sunday Sports Lineups

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Aug. 10, 2014) – Television viewers in the United States saw the historic first laps of the inaugural TUDOR United SportsCar Championship season on FOX, and viewers will have the opportunity to see the final laps of the season on the same broadcast network.

International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) and FOX Sports today confirmed that the final two TUDOR Championship events – the Lone Star Le Mans from Circuit of The Americas in Austin, Texas and the Petit Le Mans Powered by Mazda from Road Atlanta in Braselton, Ga. – both will be televised on FOX. Both will be two-hour, next-day telecasts airing around FOX’s Sunday NFL football television programming.

“There is no better way to cap a fantastic debut season for the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship than to close out the year with back-to-back events on FOX,” said IMSA Vice President of Marketing David Pettit. “We are grateful to our broadcast partners at FOX Sports for working diligently to deliver this opportunity for us. Our racing has been outstanding throughout this season, and we are delighted to showcase it to the largest possible audience for our final two races of 2014.”

FOX is currently distributed in approximately 115 million homes in the United States.

The Lone Star Le Mans telecast will air on Sunday, Sept. 21, with the Petit Le Mans telecast set for Sunday, Oct. 5. Both broadcasts will air adjacent to Sunday NFL on FOX football coverage. Plans for live coverage are still being developed and will be announced later.

Bob Varsha will provide play-by-play alongside analysts Calvin Fish and Dorsey Schroeder, with Brian Till, Chris Neville and Jamie Howe covering the action from pit road.

See more at: http://www.imsa.com/articles/final-t...-televised-fox
Old 08-11-2014, 09:24 AM
cor123
Melting Slicks

2015 TUSC, CTSC Schedules Released
By John Dagys
IMSA released Sunday the schedules for the 2015 TUDOR United SportsCar Championship and Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge seasons.

Both series feature reduced calendars compared to this year, with the TUDOR Championship set to visit Lime Rock Park for the first time, while not returning to Indianapolis Motor Speedway or Kansas Speedway in 2015.

Each class will have a total of 10 races, compared to the 11-round season that Prototype, GT Le Mans and GT Daytona competitors had in 2014.

The Continental Tire Challenge Series, meanwhile, has been trimmed from a 12 to 10-round season in 2015, but with all events on TUDOR Championship weekends.

The 12-round TUDOR Championship season kicks off with the 53rd Rolex 24 at Daytona on Jan 24-25, which will also serve as the first of the four-round Tequila Patron North American Endurance Cup.

Sebring (March 21), Watkins Glen (June 28) and the season and championship-ending Petit Le Mans (Oct. 3) complete the four-round Cup.

The new Lime Rock event, scheduled for July 25, will be for PC and GTD competitors only, while IMSA’s visit to Canadian Tire Motorsport Park has been adjusted for P, PC and GTLM competitors only.

However, the class format for the races at Long Beach (April 18), Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (May 3), Detroit Belle Isle (May 30) and Virginia International Raceway (Aug 23) remain unchanged from this year.

IMSA has also confirmed a return to Road America (Aug. 9) Circuit of The Americas (Sept. 16), although it’s unclear if the latter event will again be in conjunction with the FIA World Endurance Championship.

No reasons have been given for not returning to Indianapolis or Kansas, an ISC-owned property.

“This is simply an outstanding and exciting schedule for sports car racing fans across North America,” said IMSA CEO Ed Bennett in a statement.

“We wanted to further elevate what was an impressive TUDOR Championship schedule in 2014, and we accomplished that goal with the addition of Lime Rock Park by popular demand.

“Moving to 10 races per class addresses a desire and positive input voiced by many of our competitors.

“One of the most important components for all of our stakeholders is the fact that all 12 TUDOR Championship races will be televised on FOX Sports.”

As previously announced, the Roar Before the Rolex 24 official pre-season test is scheduled for Jan 9-11.

2015 TUDOR United SportsCar Championship Schedule

Jan 24-25 Daytona International Speedway*
Mar 21 Sebring International Raceway*
Apr 18 Long Beach Street Circuit (P/GTLM Only)
May 3 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (Split P/GTLM and PC/GTD Events)
May 30 Detroit Belle Isle (P/GTD Only)
Jun 28 Watkins Glen International*
Jul 12 Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (P/PC/GTLM Only)
Jul 25 Lime Rock Park (PC/GTD Only)
Aug 9 Road America
Aug 23 Virginia International Raceway (Split PC and GTLM/GTD Events)
Sep 19 Circuit of The Americas
Oct 3 Road Atlanta*
*Tequila Patron North American Endurance Cup events

2015 Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge Schedule

Jan 23 Daytona International Speedway
Mar 20 Sebring International Raceway
May 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Jun 27 Watkins Glen International
Jul 11 Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
Jul 24-25 Lime Rock Park
Aug 8 Road America
Aug 22 Virginia International Raceway
Sep 18 Circuit of The Americas
Oct 2 Road Atlanta

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/ctscc/2...ules-released/
Old 08-11-2014, 09:24 AM
cor123
Melting Slicks

CORVETTE RACING AT ROAD AMERICA- SPOILER ALERT

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...post1587567283
Old 08-12-2014, 12:05 PM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Default Corvette racing: Oak tree grand prix at vir info

Oak Tree Grand Prix at VIR

August 23-24, 2014

Tune-in Details:

Television Broadcast:
08/24/14: 4:00 PM EDT on Fox Sports 1

Live Qualifying:
8/23/2014: starts at 11:40 am EDT on IMSA.com

Online Coverage
IMSA.com (includes live images, in-car cameras and announcers)
http://www.imsa.com/

LIVE TIMING:
http://scoring.imsa.com/

Live Timing for mobile device:
http://scoring.imsa.com/mobile.html

PIT NOTES:
https://twitter.com/search?q=IMSA

http://twitter.com/ @CorvetteRacing, @UnitedSportsCar, @IMSA, @IMSAlive, @DISupdates,

TICKET INFO:
http://www.etix.com/ticket/online/pe...40&cobrand=vir

Event Schedule:
http://virnow.com/files/2014/07/2014...VIR-072914.pdf

Entry List:
http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...tryList_v1.pdf

Maps:
http://virnow.com/track/configurations/

Spotters Guide:
http://www.spotterguides.com/

WEATHER:
http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Raci...l-Raceway.aspx

Hotels:
http://virnow.com/lodging/

Corvette Corral:
http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...al%20Flyer.pdf.

Get notified of new replies

To ****GTLM/GTD Pro Racing Talk-NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

Old 08-13-2014, 11:10 AM
z28lt1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,971 Likes on 1,030 Posts

FWIW, this morning I saw that IMSA just amended the rules allowing for one more Balance of Performance adjustment. According to the previous rules, they could not make any more adjustments in the GTLM class (the rules allowed changes from 30 days after the first event, then up to 3 more per class, which they've had). One more shot to get it right, I suspect something comes out later today.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:31 AM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by z28lt1
FWIW, this morning I saw that IMSA just amended the rules allowing for one more Balance of Performance adjustment. According to the previous rules, they could not make any more adjustments in the GTLM class (the rules allowed changes from 30 days after the first event, then up to 3 more per class, which they've had). One more shot to get it right, I suspect something comes out later today.
Saw that. Keeping my fingers crossed!!
Old 08-13-2014, 12:06 PM
cor123
Melting Slicks

IMSA bulletins went out to 5 teams. Hope CR was one of them with good news.

Quick Reply: ****GTLM/GTD Pro Racing Talk-NO SPOILERS PLEASE!