Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

****GTLM/GTD Pro Racing Talk-NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 10:45 AM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Received 548 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by grantar2
My hope is that when ALMS and Grand Am merge in 2014, we get Grand Am's TV package. ESPN absolutely sucked for ALMS.
I agree!

Next year Sebring and Petit Le Mans will be shown in its entirety on Speed TV. Rest of races will be shown on ABC (tape delayed) and ESPN2. No mention of ESPN3
Old 03-14-2013, 09:05 PM
cor123
Melting Slicks

85 ALMS CLASS WINS

AMERICAN LE MANS SERIES

CORVETTE RACING ADVANCE

61ST ANNUAL MOBIL 1 TWELVE HOURS OF SEBRING

SEBRING INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY

SEBRING, FLORIDA

MARCH 16, 2013

DID YOU KNOW? Both the 2014 Corvette Stingray coupe and convertible are powered by the new LT1 6.2L V-8, with an estimated 450-hp and 450 lb-ft of torque. As no structural reinforcements are required for the convertible, both models share almost identical power-to-weight ratios. The LT1 combines several advanced technologies, including direct injection, Active Fuel Management and continuously variable valve timing to support an advanced combustion system designed to balance power and efficiency.

CORVETTE RACING & TEAM CHEVY SOCIAL MEDIA: Connect with Corvette Racing and Team Chevy on social media. Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/TeamChevy, follow us on Twitter @CorvetteRacing and @TeamChevy, and add +TeamChevy into your Google+ circles

CORVETTE RACING FOR THE FANS AT SEBRING INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY:

• Fans can visit the Corvette Racing Display in the Sebring International Raceway in the midway area, and the Chevrolet Ride and Drive will be located in the Skid Pad.

• Fans can check out great Chevrolet vehicles including: 2014 Silverado, 2014 Impala, Volt, Malibu, Traverse LTZ, Sonic Hatchback and Spark.

• On Saturday, March 16, fans will be able to see the C7 Corvette Stingray at the display.

• Fans can see a sample of engines, parts and accessories available for purchase from Chevrolet at their local Chevrolet dealer.

• Other activities at the Corvette Racing Display include a variety of interactive games for adults and kids.

• Display hours of operation: Thurs. March 14th – 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.; Fri. March 15th – 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Sat. March 16th - 8:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.

• Ride and Drive hours of operation: Fri. March 15th 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Sat. March 16th 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.

CORVETTE RACING IN AMERICAN LE MANS SERIES (ALMS) COMPETITION:

• Corvette Racing has 85 ALMS class victories, making it the most successful team in American Le Mans Series history.

• Corvette Racing has nine Manufacturer and Team Championships, and eight Drivers Championships.

• They were the Michelin Green X Challenge GT Manufacturer and Team Champions in 2012.

CHEVROLET ON THE TRACK—SEBRING INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY:

• Chevrolet drivers have seven Sebring 12-Hour class wins at Sebring International Raceway (2002-04, 2006-09).

• Corvette Racing drivers finished 1-2 in the Sebring 12-Hour race three times (2007-09).

• Corvette Racing has qualified first in class 9 times at Sebring.

• 2013 marks Corvette’s 57th year in international road racing. John Fitch and Walt Hansgen drove a Corvette to a Class B victory at the 12 Hours of Sebring in 1956, the first step onto the world stage that established Chevy's sports car as a contender in top-level competition.

CORVETTE RACING at SEBRING INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY – DOUG FEHAN, Corvette Racing Program Manager

"Sebring has so much importance and not just from an historic perspective. You have to remember it is the inaugural race of the 2013 ALMS season. Every manufacturer has worked all winter to present their most competitive product to both their fans and their adversaries. Along with all this, it is Corvette's 60th Anniversary year and all of the world will be watching. Don't forget, when you are the reigning champions, everyone has you in their sights. This year's 12 Hours of Sebring has the potential to be a monumental battle and all of us at Corvette Racing are fully prepared to defend our crown."

Chevrolet American Le Mans Series Statistics

Manufacturers and Team Championships

Total (2001-2008, 2012): 9

24 Hours of Le Mans Class Wins

Total (2001-02, 2004-06, 2009, 2011): 7

Drivers Championships

Total (2002-2008, 2012): 8

2012 Event Victories

(Long Beach, Laguna Seca, Mid-Ohio, Virgina International Raceway): 4

Connect with Team Chevy on social media. Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/TeamChevy, follow us on Twitter @TeamChevy, and add +TeamChevy into your Google+ circles.

About Chevrolet
Old 03-14-2013, 09:14 PM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Default Sebring Info

Sebring Info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013 61th Annual Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring

Media INfo:

The Reveal:
DATE: Thursday, March 14
TIME: 2:30 p.m. ET
LOCATION: Chateau Élan Hotel and Conference Center at Sebring International Raceway
TUNE IN:
- Broadcast live on SPEED
- Live streaming on alms.com, grand-am.com & SPEED.com
ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Unveiling of name, branding and logo for the new unified sports car series
- Unified series’ competitive class names for 2014

Live Qualifying:
Friday, March 15, 2013 - 1:05pm EDT

Television Broadcast: Speed/Fox
Saturday, March 16, 2013 - 10:30am EDT

Live Streaming:
Saturday, March 16, 2013 - 10:30am EDT

LIVE TIMING:
http://www.imsaracing.net/2003/lt/ltc.html
http://scoring.alms.com/

Live Timing for mobile device:
http://scoring.alms.com/mobile.html

SEBRING PIT NOTES:
http://twitter.com/almsnotes

RADIO ALMS
http://www.americanlemans.com/

TICKET INFO: 800-626-7223
(scroll down & choose Corral Parking Packages & choose Corvette Corral:
http://www.sebringraceway.com/12hr_tickets.lasso

Sebring Entry List
http://www.alms.com/sites/default/fi...%20Entry_0.pdf

Spotters Guide: (03/12/13)
http://www.spotterguides.com/

Corvette Corral:
http://www.alms.com/sites/default/fi...Schedule_0.pdf

Sebring Schedule:
http://www.alms.com/sites/default/fi...20Schedule.pdf

Sebring Map:
http://www.alms.com/sites/default/fi...rack%20Map.pdf

Sebring Team Communications:
http://lastturnclub.com/index.php?op...792&Itemid=111

WiFi Communications Map:
http://www.imsaracing.net/2012/event...rage%20Map.pdf

WEATHER:
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...2=-81.4535&e=1

From Sebring:

Corvette Heads Epic GT Field-
Six Manufacturers to Battle

Corvette will be among the favorites to win.

In what could be the best GT battle in Sebring's six decades of endurance racing, six manufacturers will battle at Sebring's legendary once-around-the-clock classic. American muscle will be well represented as Chevrolet Corvette and Dodge Viper battle against European high performance legends Ferrari, Porsche, BMW and Aston Martin.

Corvette has won at Sebring seven times during the ALMS era, but all five of their competitors have also won at Sebring, with BMW winning last year's race. The GT battle will likely go down to the wire, just like 2007 when the final margin was less than one second after 12 hours of racing.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:52 PM
Milton Fox
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Thanks for all the links!
Old 03-14-2013, 11:02 PM
KBow_Photo
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

If you live in America, SPEED will tape delay the end of the race to the middle of the night and per their contract with ALMS, no live streaming will be officially available.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:19 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by oldstyleGS
If you live in America, SPEED will tape delay the end of the race to the middle of the night and per their contract with ALMS, no live streaming will be officially available.
True, they had a pre-existing contract with Supercross.

That said, I expect streaming will show on Justin TV or somewhere....
Old 03-14-2013, 11:21 PM
KBow_Photo
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by JETninja
True, they had a pre-existing contract with Supercross.

That said, I expect streaming will show on Justin TV or somewhere....
Yup, the asinine part is blocking all official streams though from showing it. I am one who is glad speed is dead come August.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:57 AM
jd_black_00
Melting Slicks

Received 470 Likes on 145 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12, '14

What is Justin TV? Can't I stream through ALMS' website??
Old 03-15-2013, 10:59 AM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

google justin tv, like youtube but for streaming video.
Depending on the organization, justintv streams tend to get shut down.
There is a way to mask your IP address location - people did this to get live Olympic feeds. I haven't looked into yet but there are guides available.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:12 AM
KBow_Photo
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by RX-Ben
google justin tv, like youtube but for streaming video.
Depending on the organization, justintv streams tend to get shut down.
There is a way to mask your IP address location - people did this to get live Olympic feeds. I haven't looked into yet but there are guides available.
VPN

Also MOTORS.tv in Europe will have the race to the end, there should be a number of live streams online, just gotta look for them. If I can find them early, i wont bother watching Speed and supporting the sponsors they have.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:13 AM
KBow_Photo
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by jd_black_00
What is Justin TV? Can't I stream through ALMS' website??
justin.tv
ustream.com
livestream.com

among others
Old 03-15-2013, 11:23 AM
KBow_Photo
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

Of course I knew this was going to happen, the end will be on SPEED2 which like ESPN3 only has a limited amount of providers.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:31 AM
jd_black_00
Melting Slicks

Received 470 Likes on 145 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12, '14

Great, thanks
Old 03-15-2013, 09:28 PM
cor123
Melting Slicks

CORVETTE RACING QUALIFIES BOTH TEAMS IN TOP 5 AT SEBRING

(SEBRING, Fla., March 15, 2013) – Oliver Gavin, driver of the No. 4 GT Compuware Corvette C6.R, qualified second (1:58.934, 113.206 mph) in the American Le Mans Series (ALMS) GT class for the 61st Annual Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring at Sebring International Raceway – just 0.119 seconds off the pole. Antonio Garcia qualified fifth (1:59:348, 112.813 mph) in the No. 3 GT Compuware Corvette C6.R.

“I’m happy with what we’ve got,” Gavin said following his qualifying effort around the 3.74-mile track. “Yes, I’d like to have the pole, but this is a 12-hour event, it’s not a sprint. I think we can almost start in the back and still win this race. But, I’m pleased with the position we’ve got. I’m happy with our car.”

Garcia, too, is optimistic about the 2013 season opener following Friday’s qualifying session.

“That wasn’t the perfect lap; I just couldn’t get the perfect lap together like I should have,” Garcia said. “But, that’s not a big deal. It’s a long race and we’ll see about it tomorrow.”

Gavin and Tommy Milner, who won the 2012 ALMS drivers’ championship, will team with Richard Westbrook in the No. 4 Corvette C6.R for this weekend’s event. Garcia, Jan Magnussen and Jordan Taylor will drive the No. 3 Corvette C6.R.

“Going through the race tomorrow, I think our car’s going to come more and more to us,” said Gavin, who has four class wins and eight class podium finishes at Sebring. “The track’s going to come more and more to us. That’s from our years of experience from working here, driving here, racing here, competing here. You get a feel for it.

“I think that we’re in good shape. I feel confident. Our team has been doing seven-second pit stops. When you look at stuff like that, you go, ‘That’s pretty cool.’ As a driver, you know that when you come in for your stop, each time – boom – they’re going to be right there. It gives you a lot of confidence.”

Corvette Racing, the defending series Manufacturer and Team champions, has seven class victories at Sebring since 2002.

Gianmaria Bruni, driver of the No. 62 GT Ferrari F458 Italia, won his third consecutive pole at Sebring.

The 2013 Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring starts at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 16. GT Qualifying is at 1:35 p.m. on Friday.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:33 AM
sdurg24
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

What an absolutely fabulous race! Corvette Racing is to be congratulated for an outstanding job. We were on the edge of the bleacher seat at the Corvette Corral almost the entire race. And, oh yes, the Corvette folks were there to showcase the cyber gray C7 StingRay.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:40 AM
cor123
Melting Slicks

CORVETTE RACING OPENS 2013 WITH WIN AT SEBRING

No. 4 Compuware Corvette C6.R Brings 8th 12-Hour Victory to Corvette Racing

SEBRING, Fla., (March 16, 2013) – Tommy Milner made a late pass for the lead and then held on for the final 15 minutes as the No. 4 GT Compuware Corvette C6.R won the American Le Mans Series GT class 61st Annual Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring at Sebring International Raceway on Saturday.

The No. 4 Corvette C6.R – driven by 2012 Drivers’ champions Milner and Oliver Gavin, and Richard Westbrook – overcame an early electrical issue and two key penalties to win the 2013 ALMS opener. It is Gavin’s fifth victory at Sebring; Milner and Westbrook each recorded his first.

“What an incredible effort by Corvette Racing; these guys never gave up,” said Jim Campbell, Chevrolet U.S. Vice-President for Performance Vehicles & Motorsports. “They came from behind multiple times. It was a focused team effort, with great driving and great calls in the pits, and great pits stops, and they delivered a big win. I’m proud of them.”

The No. 3 GT Compuware Corvette C6.R – driven by Antonio Garcia, Jan Magnussen and Jordan Taylor – retired with just over three hours remaining due to an overheated gearbox. The team, which also experienced an electrical issue early in the race, finished in 11th place in class, 120 laps off the pace in class.

Milner took over for Gavin with two hours to go and the No. 4 Corvette C6.R the No. 62 Ferrari F458 Italia by about one minute; when he pitted with an hour remaining, he was about a half minute behind.

“Those guys had an unreal pit stop at the end,” Milner said. “We were about a minute back and then 35 seconds at the next pit stop, and then we were 14 seconds back. And once I got to see him, I thought, ‘Here we go. I’ve got a chance here.’ Once I got close to him, he went wide in one and I knew he was pushing hard and he kept making mistakes, and that was it, that was the moment.”

“Really, it came down to when Tommy got on the back bumper of the leader, and that’s when I thought this is when we can really make this happen,” Gavin said. “Tommy was relentless – chasing him down, chasing him down, putting the pressure on. It was a spectacular victory for everybody at Corvette Racing. I’m really delighted.”

Gavin qualified second in the No. 4 Corvette C6.R, and on the very first lap gained the lead. The team was still out front in its class when, nearing the race’s third hour, Westbrook reported that smoke was coming from the dashboard.

“It was clear that we had a good car from the beginning, and then when I had that problem with the dashboard, which put us two laps down – it took a few yellows and some great stints by these two to get us back into position on the lead lap,” Westbrook said. “The pit stops and Tommy’s stint was just amazing at the end, and on balance I thought we deserved it, and we did it the hard way.”

Corvette Racing, which last year won the ALMS Manufacturers’ and Team championships, earned its ALMS-leading 78th all-time victory.

“You can’t start a better way,” Gavin said. “We had a very good year last year in the championship. We didn’t have a great Sebring last year, but this win just puts us up there straightaway, leading the championship off the bat. Tommy and I just sort of picked up where we left off last year, which is exactly what we wanted to do. Proud of all the guys at Corvette Racing today. They nailed every single stop. It was spectacular to watch.”

The No. 3 Corvette C6.R started fifth but experienced a couple of problems early. Garcia accidently ran into the back of a slower car which was in the middle of the track, and incurred a 60-second penalty, then he reported problems with downshifting. Starting on lap 20, the car three times came in for repairs – which included changing the gearbox, steering wheel and electronics.

The car is very, very good, it’s just a shame that we’re so far back,” Taylor said after his first stint. “We have a very competitive car.” The team used its remaining time on track as a test session before its night ended early.

GT Class, 61st Annual Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring

1. #4 Chevrolet Corvette C6.R (Gavin/Milner/Westbrook), 333 laps

2. #62 Ferrari F458 Italia (Bruni/Beretta/Malucelli), 333 laps

3. #17 Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (Henzler/Sellers/Tandy), -1 lap

4. #55 BMW Z4 GTE (Auberlin/Martín/J. Muller), -3 laps

5. #91 SRT Viper GTS-R (Dalziel/Farnbacher/Goossens), -4 laps

6. #48 Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (Miller/Holzer/Lietz), -4 laps

7. #56 BMW Z4 GTE (D. Muller/Hand/Edwards), -12 laps

8. #97 Aston Martin Vantage V8 (Turner/Mucke/Senna), -15 laps

9. #007 Aston Martin Vantage V8 (Della Lana/Johnson/Lamy), -26 laps

10. #93 SRT Viper GTS-R (Bomarito/Kendall/Wittmer), -30 laps
Old 03-19-2013, 01:16 PM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Default Corvette Corral at Belle Isle Grand Prix, Detroit

Join us May 31 – June 2on Belle Isle

Corvette Car Corral

Reserve your space today. They’re going fast!

Corvette Car Corral Experience Includes:

Premium Car Corral parking on Belle Isle

Reserved Seating in Flagstar Bank Grandstand 3
Access to trackside Car Corral grandstand
Fifth Third Bank Paddock Pass allowing access to "Garage Area"
Hospitality tent access, includes breakfast & lunch
Vehicle displays including Corvette Racing C6.R
2014 Corvette Stingray technical briefing (Sat. & Sun.)
Corvette team & driver appearances
Daily track lap sessions (subject to track availability)
Autograph sessions
Daily prize raffles

Corvette Car Corral Pricing Options

Single Day Options:

Friday

Driver: $50, Companion: Free

Saturday OR Sunday

Driver: $120, Companion: $80

Multiple Day Options

Friday & Saturday

Driver: $145, Companion: $80

Saturday & Sunday

Driver: $180, Companion: $120

Weekend: Friday - Sunday

Driver: $225, Companion: $120

2013 Tentative Schedule of Events

Friday, May 31, 2013

Practice & Qualifying Sessions - all three Series

Concert concludes the day’s activities

Saturday, June 1, 2013

GRAND-AM Rolex Series Drivers Autograph Session

Cadillac V-Series Challenge presented by the Metro Detroit Cadillac Dealers Race #1

GRAND-AM Rolex Series Fan Walk

Chevrolet GRAND-AM 200 presented by the Metro Detroit Chevy Dealers

Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit presented by Quicken Loans Dual #1

Post-race Concert by Bret Michaels

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Pirelli World Challenge Drivers Autograph Session

Cadillac V-Series World Challenge presented by the Metro Detroit Cadillac Dealers Race #2

IZOD IndyCar Series Drivers Autograph Session

Pre-race Concert

Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit presented by Quicken Loans Dual #2

Tickets/info: DetroitGP.com Tickets: 866-464-PRIX (7749)

http://detroitgp.com/tickets/index.cfm?cid=17697

Get notified of new replies

To ****GTLM/GTD Pro Racing Talk-NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

Old 03-22-2013, 10:53 AM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Re-watch the 2013 Sebring 12 Hr race, broadcast on youtube in 4 parts:

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1ojJ...ature=youtu.be

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMjrS...ature=youtu.be

Part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVuCR...ature=youtu.be

Part 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSv77...ature=youtu.be
Old 03-26-2013, 01:47 PM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Default ALMS Long Beach

2013 Tequila Patrón American Le Mans Series At Long Beach

Street Course , Long Beach, California, USA

April 19 - 20, 2013

Broadcast Info

Television Broadcast: ABC
Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 12:00pm CDT

Live Streaming: ESPN 3
Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 6:15pm CDT

Live Qualifying: ESPN 3
Friday, April 19, 2013 - 7:00pm CDT

LIVE TIMING:
http://www.imsaracing.net/2003/lt/ltc.html
http://scoring.alms.com/

Live Timing for mobile device:
http://scoring.alms.com/mobile.html

SEBRING PIT NOTES:
http://twitter.com/almsnotes
http://www.alms.com/races/tequila-pa...s-long-beach-1

RADIO ALMS
http://www.americanlemans.com/

TICKET INFO: 888-82-SPEED (77333)
http://gplb.com/mediafiles/files/201...al%20Flyer.pdf

Entry List
http://www.alms.com/sites/default/fi...%20Entries.pdf

Spotters Guide: (03/12/13)
http://www.spotterguides.com/

Corvette Corral:
Not posted yet

Event Schedule:
http://www.imsaracing.net/2013/event...upp%20Regs.pdf

Map:
http://www.alms.com/sites/default/fi...ck%20Map_0.pdf

WEATHER:
http://www.weather.com/outlook/recre.../weekend/90806
Old 04-19-2013, 02:56 PM
cor123
Melting Slicks

CORVETTE RACING LOOKS FORWARD TO LONG BEACH RETURN

(LONG BEACH, Calif., April 19, 2013) – Corvette Racing returns to where its championship season in 2012 earned its first of four victories: The 1.968-mile, 11-turn Long Beach Street Circuit.

Oliver Gavin and Tommy Milner, co-drivers of the No. 4 Compuware Corvette C6.R, won at Long Beach last year en route to the Team and Driver championships. It was their first victory as a team, and Milner’s first victory in the American Le Mans Series.

“Long Beach was the start of the run to the Championship for Tommy and me,” Gavin said. “As you so often have to be on street races, we were a little lucky in that the two cars in front of us on the grid had issues on the fourth corner of the race and their race was compromised from there on. We still had to battle our way from then on to the front but our car was good straight off and that was a big plus point.”

One of the keys at Long Beach, Gavin said, is the very last turn.

“The most important corner on the track is the last one and getting off that corner well is vital for lap time and opportunities to overtake other cars,” Gavin said. “If you can get into someone’s tow on the straight it’s the best chance you get to pass others going into Turn 1. Street tracks are always a bit of a lottery, but if you are able to switch on your tires fast, ride the bumps easily and go through and off the corners well, you’ve got a good chance to be fast.”

Doug Fehan, Corvette Racing Program Manager, agrees that luck is important, particularly on street courses.

“There’s a formula that I like to extoll, and it’s for any race: It’s 25 percent great car, 25 percent great team and 50 percent good luck,” Fehan said. “And that gets modified just a little bit when you go to street races, and the good-luck portion plays a much greater role. Because you have a great car and a great team, but in a street race anything can happen to you – from turn one, lap one to turn 10, final lap of the race. You’ve got to have good fortune on your side. Anybody who wins at Long Beach, has good fortune on that day. That’s just the way street races work.”

Corvette Racing, which also won the 2012 ALMS Manufacturer Championship, opened the 2013 season with a victory last month. Milner made a late pass for the lead and held on for the final 15 minutes as the No. 4 GT Compuware Corvette C6.R overcame an early electrical issue and two key penalties to win the GT class 61st Annual Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring at Sebring International Raceway.

Fehan thinks the one-month break between the first two races will be a good thing for the two Corvette Racing teams.

“It lets the guys wind down a little bit, and you clearly get to take more time and get the car correct and ready for the next race,” Fehan said. “There’s a huge emotional build-up to that event at Sebring, and a huge emotional release when you’re victorious, so to have a little extra time to catch your breath, get yourself sorted out, and enjoy and contemplate what you’ve accomplished, and then re-focus on what you have to do. So, the break is actually pretty good.”

The No. 3 Compuware Corvette C6.R, driven by Antonio Garcia and Jan Magnussen, looks to bounce back from an electrical issue at Sebring.

“The issues that we had with the 3 team at Sebring were just devastating,” Fehan said. “As it turns out, a simple little pin on one little wire, and it took those guys out of contention – and they had a car that was good enough to win. Now, if you do this game long enough, you’re going to have those experiences. Everybody goes through that. They all want to perform at their optimum, they all want to make sure that they bring a car that they know can win. And they did that at Sebring. It just didn’t work out. It was one of those racing bad days. As quickly as that can happen to you, it can turn around. I think they are very energized by that, I think they know that at a street race it is anybody’s ballgame and the 3 guys are not at all down and out about it at this point. You go home, you get past it and you come back harder than ever.”

Corvette Racing has 78 ALMS class victories, including four in 2012, making it the most successful team in American Le Mans Series history.

CORVETTE RACING

86 RACE WINS (78 ALMS, 7 LeMans, 1 GRAND-AM)

AMERICAN LE MANS SERIES

CORVETTE RACING ADVANCE

Tequila Patrón American Le Mans Series at Long Beach

LONG BEACH TEMPORARY STREET COURSE

LONG BEACH, CALIFORNIA

APRIL 17, 2013

DID YOU KNOW? Both the 2014 Corvette Stingray coupe and convertible are powered by the new LT1 6.2L V-8, with an estimated 450-hp and 450 lb-ft of torque. As no structural reinforcements are required for the convertible, both models share almost identical power-to-weight ratios. The LT1 combines several advanced technologies, including direct injection, Active Fuel Management and continuously variable valve timing to support an advanced combustion system designed to balance power and efficiency.

CORVETTE RACING & TEAM CHEVY SOCIAL MEDIA: Connect with Corvette Racing and Team Chevy on social media. Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/TeamChevy, follow us on Twitter @CorvetteRacing and @TeamChevy, and add +TeamChevy into your Google+ circles

CORVETTE RACING FOR THE FANS AT LONG BEACH:

• Fans can visit the Corvette Racing and Chevy IndyCar Display in the Long Beach Convention and Entertainment Center.

• Fans can check out great Chevrolet vehicles including: 2014 Corvette Stingray, 2014 Silverado, 2014 Impala, Camaro ZL1, Volt, Malibu, Traverse, Sonic, and Spark.

• At the display fans can see a variety of show cars and specialty vehicles including: The IndyCar Series Series No. 1 Dallara-Chevrolet show car, the Turbo movie Camaro show car, Corvette C6.R and 60th Anniverisary Corvette 427.

• Fans can see a sample of engines, parts and accessories available for purchase from Chevrolet at their local Chevrolet dealer.

• Other activities at the Corvette Racing and IndyCar Display include a variety of interactive games for adults and kids.

• Display hours of operation: Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.; Saturday, 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.; and Sunday 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.

CORVETTE RACING IN AMERICAN LE MANS SERIES (ALMS) COMPETITION:

• Corvette Racing has 78 ALMS class victories, making it the most successful team in American Le Mans Series history.

• Longest winning streak in GT1 (25, 2007 Sebring-2009 Long Beach)

• Corvette Racing has nine Manufacturer and Team Championships, and eight Drivers Championships.

• Corvette Racing was the Michelin Green X Challenge GT Manufacturer Champion (Chevrolet) and Team Champions (No. 3 Corvette C6.R, Jan Magnussen/ Antonio Garcia) in 2012.

CHEVROLET ON THE TRACK—GRAND PRIX OF LONG BEACH:

• Corvette Racing has participated in every ALMS race in Long Beach, winning three straight in the GT1 class (2007-09) and one in the GT class (2012).

• The team also scored consecutive runner-up finishes in 2010-11 after moving to the GT category.

• Corvette Racing has qualified first in class three times in Long Beach (Qualifying was cancelled in 2012 due to rain).

• Oliver Gavin and Tommy Milner’s 2012 victory in Long Beach was the first for this driver combination, and Milner’s first career ALMS win.

CORVETTE RACING IN THE PADDOCK AT LONG BEACH GRAND PRIX – DOUG FEHAN

“There’s a formula that I like to extoll, and it’s for any race. It’s 25 percent great car, 25 percent great team and 50 percent good luck. And that gets modified just a little bit when you go to street races, and the good-luck portion plays a much greater role. Because you have a great car and a great team, but in a street race anything can happen to you – from turn one, lap one to turn 10, final lap of the race. You’ve got to have good fortune on your side. Anybody who wins at Long Beach, has good fortune on that day. That’s just the way street races work.”

CORVETTE RACING FROM THE DRIVER’S SEAT, LOOKING BACK ON 2012 RACE IN LONG BEACH – OLIVER GAVIN, NO. 4 COMPUWARE CORVETTE:

“Long Beach was the start of the run to the Championship for Tommy and me. As you so often have to be on street races, we were a little lucky in that the two cars in front of us on the grid had issues on the fourth corner of the race and their race was compromised from there on. We still had to battle our way from then on to the front but our car was good straight off and that was a big plus point.”

Chevrolet American Le Mans Series Statistics

Manufacturers and Team Championships

Total (2001-2008, 2012): 9

24 Hours of Le Mans Class Wins

Total (2001-02, 2004-06, 2009, 2011): 7

Drivers Championships

Total (2002-2008, 2012): 8

2013 Event Victories

(Sebring): 1

2012 Event Victories

(Long Beach, Laguna Seca, Mid-Ohio, Virgina International Raceway): 4

The Tequila Patron American Le Mans Series at Long Beach starts at 4:30 p.m. Pacific time on Saturday, April 20. GT Qualifying is at 5:25 p.m. Pacific time on Friday.

Quick Reply: ****GTLM/GTD Pro Racing Talk-NO SPOILERS PLEASE!