Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GM equips Corvette Z06X with coil over suspension and chooses Pfadt Race Engineering

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Devoz
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pfadt Racing

For a lightweight track car, these are going to be the recommend set up, especially given how well they work together with the 3-piece sway bars. That is the exact set-up GM chose to peruse on the Z06X.
Will these survive street use? How are the reservoirs mounted?
Old 12-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Congrats Arron,
Well deserved

On the flip side to your road racing accomplishments, the drag racing side, I'm not sure if we told you that we also smashed the IRS 60' record with your drag coil over set up, spherical bearings, and sway bar with an incredible 1.20!

You have really had a very well rounded year, thanks.
Thank you for the support! It is much appreciated.

Originally Posted by 95jersey
I think we all need to be easy on Aaron. All we do on this forum is **** and moan about how GM does not recognize or support road racing in the way Porsche does, by not offering track focused cars with a dedicated track program. It seems we are just seeing the early stages of potentially such a program and EVENTUALLY an true ACR/RS factory offered car...and what does the Corvette community do...**** and moan. I get enough of that at home with the spouse, don't want to come to the forum for more :-)

We all have to admit GM has come a LOOONG way with the Corvette program in general in the past 10 years (with cars like the Z06/ZR1 and the factory racing program). They are catching up and creating a market, but it is a big company in financial distress, it will take time and won't happen overnight.

While I agree this is a show car, it is a step in the right direction. I like it, makes me happy that I am lucky to even own a C6Z06.
Thanks for the thoughts. It is always important to see the bigger picture here. The implications of these projects are huge. And we are very proud to be the go-to aftermarket suspension manufacturer for them.

Just a short clip of the GMPP track day Z06X in transit to be loaded up to go to the SEMA show floor:

Z06X Transit
Old 12-02-2010, 04:42 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Devoz
Will these survive street use? How are the reservoirs mounted?
Yes they will be suitable for street use, there will be a mounting kit for getting tucked away in the pocket area where the leaf springs formerly were.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:05 PM
Kingsize
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Aaron... Are these ready to go yet? If so will you be offering a group buy? Have cash in hand and I am itching to try these on the mile in March.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:52 PM
vettemann62
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Great news...gm smartened up a bit more i see.

...now that's phadt!
Old 11-17-2011, 07:54 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

The parts that were selected by GM for the Z06X project car have been released to the public as the Pfadt FeatherLight Generation Double Adjustable Coilovers! Unfortunately the Z06X will probably never see full on GM production, but you can have the same parts installed and now GMPP licensed. These systems have already been making their way onto customers race cars with great success!

Old 11-18-2011, 08:51 AM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Good for you guys... but sucks that GM teased us with that car. Dodge can do it, Porsche can, Ford can, Nissan now does etc.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:17 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Hey stranger things have happened, and we take at least an email a month asking if we can deliver a Corvette to Z06X specs. We can definitely get the car to Z06X handling prowess, but as far as a factory caged road racer goes we're still hoping that Chevy decides to move forward with this project.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:48 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Just for everyone who is interested, we are running a Black Friday Sale on almost our entire catalog! Its time to head on over! The sale is live now and will be until sunday night at www.pfadtracing.com Get in on it!
Old 11-25-2011, 02:34 PM
NVR2L8
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 95jersey
I think we all need to be easy on Aaron. All we do on this forum is **** and moan about how GM does not recognize or support road racing in the way Porsche does, by not offering track focused cars with a dedicated track program. It seems we are just seeing the early stages of potentially such a program and EVENTUALLY an true ACR/RS factory offered car...and what does the Corvette community do...**** and moan. I get enough of that at home with the spouse, don't want to come to the forum for more :-)

We all have to admit GM has come a LOOONG way with the Corvette program in general in the past 10 years (with cars like the Z06/ZR1 and the factory racing program). They are catching up and creating a market, but it is a big company in financial distress, it will take time and won't happen overnight.

While I agree this is a show car, it is a step in the right direction. I like it, makes me happy that I am lucky to even own a C6Z06.
+1 Aaron, I think that this is an amazing development for Pfadt, and it is also a great overture from GM as a "first step" to improve their options to the track enthusiasts.

No reasonable person could expect GM to produce such a limited demand vehicle in a mass production assembly line approach. They are not a company that can be everything to everybody. That is the function of the aftermarket industry, boutique shops, race car builders, and suppliers.

The naysayers will always be there, never happy about anything in life. I would hate to go through life, mad at the everything in the world!
Oh well, they will probably never change.

Aaron, it is very impressive and a great reflection on your company that you have been selected to participate in this project.

Congrats!
Old 11-27-2011, 11:39 AM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Originally Posted by NVR2L8
+1 Aaron, I think that this is an amazing development for Pfadt, and it is also a great overture from GM as a "first step" to improve their options to the track enthusiasts.

No reasonable person could expect GM to produce such a limited demand vehicle in a mass production assembly line approach. They are not a company that can be everything to everybody. That is the function of the aftermarket industry, boutique shops, race car builders, and suppliers.

The naysayers will always be there, never happy about anything in life. I would hate to go through life, mad at the everything in the world!
Oh well, they will probably never change.

Aaron, it is very impressive and a great reflection on your company that you have been selected to participate in this project.

Congrats!
Hey thank you for the kind words on our company. I assure you it is appreciated a ton.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:40 AM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

bump for the lat day this sale is on! You can save literally hundreds of dollars on your order. Take advantage!

Quick Reply: GM equips Corvette Z06X with coil over suspension and chooses Pfadt Race Engineering