Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racepak EFI Vnet module for C6

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Dan Wendling
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racepak EFI Vnet module for C6

Anyone willing to share experience using the Racepak EFI Vnet module with a G2X or IQ3?
Old 02-20-2010, 10:31 PM
Webz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dan Wendling
Anyone willing to share experience using the Racepak EFI Vnet module with a G2X or IQ3?
I have one. What type of feedback are you looking for?
Old 02-20-2010, 10:47 PM
Dan Wendling
Burning Brakes

Wondering if the sample rate is high enough or if you notice significant delays vs other data channels?
Old 02-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Webz
Burning Brakes

For the channels it is monitoring, the sample rate seems sufficient. However, it does not provide any feedback on oil pressure which would be nice to have at a higher hz scan rate.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:12 AM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Webz
For the channels it is monitoring, the sample rate seems sufficient. However, it does not provide any feedback on oil pressure which would be nice to have at a higher hz scan rate.
Ask them to try and get it. I emailed the AiM guys and they found it in the data stream and added it for me. BTW, the AiM data systems don't require anything special to interface with the CAN bus on '06+ car. Just connect the two wires and you're done.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:19 PM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

That's odd when I contacted AiM they told me it would not work in a C6 with the E38 VCM. Do tell, is this what you are using and how did you hook it up. I have been thinking about a Racepak but I am also thinking about using the Fast XFI with CAN. I know the Racepak will hook up but I don't think the AiM will work with that one either.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:36 PM
Dan Wendling
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jabbott
That's odd when I contacted AiM they told me it would not work in a C6 with the E38 VCM. Do tell, is this what you are using and how did you hook it up. ..... I know the Racepak will hook up but I don't think the AiM will work with that one either.

I was told the same thing?
Old 02-22-2010, 12:08 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jabbott
That's odd when I contacted AiM they told me it would not work in a C6 with the E38 VCM. Do tell, is this what you are using and how did you hook it up. I have been thinking about a Racepak but I am also thinking about using the Fast XFI with CAN. I know the Racepak will hook up but I don't think the AiM will work with that one either.
I have it connected to the 2 CAN bus pins on the OBDII port on my 2006 Z51. Gary Hoffman has the same thing on his Z06. I have no idea if I have an "E38 VCM" honestly. But the AiM website says LS2/LS3/LS7 '06+ C6s and we just followed the instructions from AiM...
Old 02-28-2010, 07:10 PM
H1ghlndr
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have asked the RacePak guys a couple of time why oil pressure was not included. They could not really say why.... There is a company called DashDaq that shows all the GM variables, so I think it is there to be mapped if they want. I ordered the C6 module from Racepak and frankly don't use the data it provides as I wish it had oil pressure.

The PITA part is that you have to connect a PC with serial only (pain if you only have USB) to download the config from the G2X once it is installed....

Get notified of new replies

To Racepak EFI Vnet module for C6

Quick Reply: Racepak EFI Vnet module for C6