Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aim MXL Pista Data System

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 12:23 PM
AtomicZ
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Aim MXL Pista Data System

Who has the best price on an Aim MXL Pista Data System??

Do you need the GPS module?

Any help or input is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by AtomicZ; 02-04-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:32 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Everybody has them for about the same price. I'm really glad I got the GPS and the race shop I've been using added one to their own car shortly after I came back with all the great data and whatnot from mine. I haven't used it without the GPS but I gather the track mapping based on GPS is quite a bit nicer than the accelerometer based maps.

jeff@optimummotorsports.com was really great to talk with about the AiM bits, as was roger@victorylanedata.com, but I eventually bought from a local racer/vendor Andrie Hartanto <andrie@gmail.com> (www.prima-racing.com) at the suggestion of my race shop.

FWIW, you probably won't need to add any sensors, or even worry about the provided sensors. You can pull a tonne of information out of the OBDII port ... and if there's anything missing I've had real good luck emailing them about it. (They added oil temperature and tire pressures for me.)
Old 02-04-2010, 03:56 PM
KBlanke
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have run the MXL Pista in our C5 Z06 for the past four years, we do not run the GPS module. The C5 is not a plug and play like the C6, we put in the sensors that we wanted. It provides a ton of info and you can print all kinds of reports and track maps using the software provided.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:43 AM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Reviving this for a couple C5 questions:

1- can you hookup the stock sensors (pedal position, brake on/off, any others?) to the Pista?
2- can you install the steering angle sensor that AiM sells somewhere on the steering universal joint?
3- How does the AIM software compare to the Traqmate/RLC/etc?
4- How much of an enhancement is the GPS unit for the AiM setup?

Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To Aim MXL Pista Data System

Quick Reply: Aim MXL Pista Data System