Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT1/Trans Am Camaro - cheaper and more fun that T1!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Bink
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

bump.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:55 PM
Darkness
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by clubracer6
thanks guys... I would rent it out, but just don't have a team to help me do that...

I had a deal pending last week, but it just fell through today... This economy has hit our sport hard!
WOW sorry to hear that. It looks like a solid car for sure and hope someone grabs it cause its a steel at that price!
Old 04-20-2010, 08:37 PM
clubracer6
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What's the forum rules these days about mentioning that you listed your car on ebay today?
Old 04-20-2010, 09:28 PM
jaa1992
Le Mans Master

Location: Life is just one big track event. Everything before and after is prep and warm-up and cool-down laps GA
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

Hmm - If I win the lotto this week . . . . . . .
Old 04-20-2010, 11:06 PM
ukrbmw
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm a bit new to something like this, but thought I'd ask some questions. I imagine tha car runs race gas? What's a life expectancy on an engine like this? What kind of power does it have and how much does the car weigh? You mentioned a whole team, can you elaborate on what it takes to keep the thing running?

Thanks.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:24 AM
tcrcuda5
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice car
Old 04-21-2010, 09:15 AM
clubracer6
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ukrbmw
I'm a bit new to something like this, but thought I'd ask some questions. I imagine tha car runs race gas? What's a life expectancy on an engine like this? What kind of power does it have and how much does the car weigh? You mentioned a whole team, can you elaborate on what it takes to keep the thing running?

Thanks.
Yep, it runs on race fuel... HP should be in the mid to upper 600's and with driver min weight is 2880.

It's not anything close to a street car - just to take the hood off requires two people - same with the rear clip which is how you access the fuel cell. Loading this on a trailer without a winch requires 4 or 5 people... Trying to drive it on would be impossible... Going super slow is not an option. It's not happy doing 30mph in the paddock let alone 2 mph... Just not going to happen. We were able to get by with a crew of 3 pretty comfortably and I didn't have to do anything except drive and help push the car on the trailer...
Old 04-21-2010, 09:26 AM
Darkness
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by clubracer6
It's not happy doing 30mph in the paddock let alone 2 mph... Just not going to happen.
Ahhh the beauties of big lopes and a multi disc.

Quick Reply: GT1/Trans Am Camaro - cheaper and more fun that T1!