Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally Saw a GTR Run

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 02:06 AM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The GT-R in stock form is not a track car per se. It's a GT street car that was designed to compete with the Porsche 911 Turbo. Let's see what happens when the V Spec comes out.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:23 AM
racerjon1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trumper Z06
Under estimate the GT-R at your own peril.

The car with just a few mods can be extremely fast.

Still, let's wait and see how the GT-R holds up...

with extensive track use.

The GT-R that just won the Tire Rack One Lap of America is at 30,000 miles - around 5,000 of them on track... I am impressed with how that one is holding up..

It is also easy to drive around town, I drove the One Lap winning car around Thursday/Friday/Saturday and was quite jealous of the cush ride those guys had. (Especially when thinking about 2:00 lap at Daytona, 1:34s at Road Atlanta, 2:04s at VIR..)

Jon
Old 05-19-2009, 11:11 AM
mpowers
Advanced

Originally Posted by racerjon1
The GT-R that just won the Tire Rack One Lap of America is at 30,000 miles - around 5,000 of them on track... I am impressed with how that one is holding up..

It is also easy to drive around town, I drove the One Lap winning car around Thursday/Friday/Saturday and was quite jealous of the cush ride those guys had. (Especially when thinking about 2:00 lap at Daytona, 1:34s at Road Atlanta, 2:04s at VIR..)

Jon
One thing that is lost on all of the one lap cars is the use of a street tire for those lap times, not a Hoosier Dot R6 type......
Old 05-19-2009, 02:19 PM
Wasserott
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I think that most people take a look at the weight and say no way can it be that competitive.

I recently ran a Time Trial with COMSCC at Watkins Glen and there was one that showed up. He ran a 2:11 completely stock including his street tires. I spoke to this individual and he admitted to me that he runs all the driver aids on. I would say they were doing something right.

And a 2:04 at VIR on street tires is also unbelievable. Given that it was a one-lap car it likely had some other mods but still that's moving on streets!
Old 05-19-2009, 03:52 PM
racerjon1
Racer

Originally Posted by Wasserott
I think that most people take a look at the weight and say no way can it be that competitive.

I recently ran a Time Trial with COMSCC at Watkins Glen and there was one that showed up. He ran a 2:11 completely stock including his street tires. I spoke to this individual and he admitted to me that he runs all the driver aids on. I would say they were doing something right.

And a 2:04 at VIR on street tires is also unbelievable. Given that it was a one-lap car it likely had some other mods but still that's moving on streets!
When it ran the 2:04 at VIR it had only brake pads and the JRZ suspension and turbo-back exhaust.

During One Lap it had a flash and was at 470-520whp (depending on dyno) it also had an active wing (g-force adjusted angle of attack) and a different front splitter.

Jon K

Quick Reply: Finally Saw a GTR Run