Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interest in a Traqmate group buy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 10:19 AM
0Robert@SPEEDSOUTH
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys I'm an idiot.

Todd just sent me a pm about the Group Buy. I jumped in on his thread and I didn't even realize he is another supporting vendor.

I'm sorry Todd and I'll certainly pay better attention in the future.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Todd Z
Racer

ttt
Old 05-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Dreamin
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

C6Z06 guys... read this: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...hard-data.html

...and then order up a traqmate. Add an oil pressure sensor and monitor your pressures... cheap insurance! It's a GREAT product.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:41 PM
longdaddy
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I assume that the deposit is refundable if you cannot get 10 orders?
Old 05-13-2009, 02:42 PM
0BlackdogSpeedShop
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by longdaddy
I assume that the deposit is refundable if you cannot get 10 orders?
I'm sure we will get 10 orders, but if we don't get them in a fairly short period of time, refunds will be given.

Toby

Last edited by BlackdogSpeedShop; 05-13-2009 at 02:44 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:28 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

$850 shipped!?!? WOW!!!! I'd be all over that deal if I didn't already have one!!!

The Traqmate is a great data-acquisition unit. With just the basic Traqmate you can get data, but I'd recommend getting the complete system, although if you get just the basic set up you can always upgrade in the future.

The basic is just the SU (Sensor Unit) which gathers all the data. It's got the G-sensors, accelerometers, and GPS in it.

The complete system adds the DU (Display Unit) where you can turn on the SU and select different features. It also records your sessions so you can leave the SU in the car and just take your DU in to the computer to download sessions and analyze your track sessions.

Here's a picture of my setup:

You can see I've got the SU mounted in the hatch (it's the small box on the left with the red label). Many owners mount it in the console or on the floor of the passenger side. I made a mount for the DU so I could put it in the cup holder:

Here's a closer look:

What I've got is the Traqmate SU on the left, the Traqmate TraqData II unit in the middle (it's a prototype unit, the production one looks about the same), and my ChaseCam video recorder on the right (in the first picture you can follow the wire up to the "bullet cam" and see that it's mounted to the trim piece under the halo).

They have a TraqData II unit to log RPM and other stuff such as throttle position, brakes on/off (or pressure), oil pressure/temp, coolant temp, etc. The "II" unit also synchronize the ChaseCam video with your data, and it only works with the ChaseCam - so if you have another video camera you won't use all the features of the "II".

On their website I can't find the TraqData that preceded the TraqData II. I have a TraqData plug if anybody wants it. I'll sell it for $75 shipped. It does not have the ability to synch ChaseCam video with the data, but it allows you input RPM and a couple digital inputs and I think 5 analog inputs (oil pressure, etc.). They mak a TraqTach plug to get RPM into the unit, but it doesn't allow any other sensor inputs.

Here's a screen shot of just a tiny bit of the data you can see on your computer after a track session:

Traqmate also has a video integration software, TraqStudio, that will integrate your video and data. You can use video from any video cam that you get into your computer. You will have to manually synch the data and video, but it's very easy to do. If you have a ChaseCam the TraqData II will synch everything for you. Below is a screenshot of the software with a video display integrated with the data:

You can also have the software write a video with a "dashboard" overlay on it that you can send to friends or upload to youtube/streetfire/vimeo, etc., like this video of my C6Z at Sebring in April this year:

So.....I really like my Traqmate and highly recommend it. They are virtually never discounted, so this 15% off group buy is an outstanding deal.

Although it can be upgraded at any time, I recommend buying the Traqmate "complete" at this price. If you need to input RPM and sensor data, you'll need the TraqData II (or my TraqData plug for $75 ). It's not a cheap setup, but it's a fantastic data acquisition unit.

Bob

Last edited by BEZ06; 05-13-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:35 PM
0BlackdogSpeedShop
Former Vendor

While I can't do 15% on Chase Cam...I can work a discount on that stuff, if you order it at the same time. We use Chase Cam in the race car...its fun stuff.

There is a 10 minute 'highlight' reel from Sebring this year, running over on our other site, www.blackdogracing.net, all shot from the in car chase cam.

Toby
Old 05-13-2009, 04:34 PM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

I am potentially interested because even as a track n00b the only way to verify SOTP is with data. I see this screen shots of data, etc... but what I'm not putting together in my head yet is where the data about the tracks themselves comes from. I assume the software "knows" the tracks and overlays the data based on the GPS, but I don't see a list of supported tracks?

Last edited by TheKomoman; 05-13-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:05 PM
bssofro
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need one by Tuesday May 19th. Can you make that happened? Shipped to 92660

Let me know.

Thanks
Old 05-13-2009, 05:32 PM
0BlackdogSpeedShop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by TheKomoman
I am potentially interested because even as a track n00b the only way to verify SOTP is with data. I see this screen shots of data, etc... but what I'm not putting together in my head yet is where the data about the tracks themselves comes from. I assume the software "knows" the tracks and overlays the data based on the GPS, but I don't see a list of supported tracks?
It doesn't need to know the track. Using the GPS, it basically just draws your path, like an etch a sketch. Provided you generally follow the track, the resulting plot will look like the track. If you could find a big enough parking lot, and drove the right path, it would look like you were on Laguna Seca, or any other track you might like...now that actually sounds like fun...or a great forum contest

The other data shown on the screen shot, like speed, braking points, etc. comes from the other onboard sensors.

Toby

Last edited by BlackdogSpeedShop; 05-13-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:34 PM
0BlackdogSpeedShop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by bssofro
I need one by Tuesday May 19th. Can you make that happened? Shipped to 92660

Let me know.

Thanks
That would be tough, at the group buy price...I'd need to get all 10 commitments in by tomorrow or Friday at the latest...

Toby
Old 05-13-2009, 05:36 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 331 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackdogSpeedShop
While I can't do 15% on Chase Cam...I can work a discount on that stuff, if you order it at the same time. We use Chase Cam in the race car...its fun stuff.

There is a 10 minute 'highlight' reel from Sebring this year, running over on our other site, www.blackdogracing.net, all shot from the in car chase cam.

Toby
The $2099 "Traqcam Complete" would not be eligeable for the full 15% discount?
Old 05-13-2009, 05:46 PM
0BlackdogSpeedShop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by NemesisC5
The $2099 "Traqcam Complete" would not be eligeable for the full 15% discount?
I can do the 15% on the Traqcam Complete, making the total price $1785 shipped.

Toby

Last edited by BlackdogSpeedShop; 05-13-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:47 PM
2002rich
Burning Brakes

I have one and it has already paid for itself as a useful tool.

In addition to logging lap times, I also use it log oil pressure versus accusump to look for when the oil pressure drops and when the accusump comes on.

At Laguna Seca my oil temp was below 160 degrees while on the first lap, on every session, coming into turn 2, the oil pressure dropped and the accusump turned on. We are talking less than a second but never the less it was like clockwork!

I came to the conclusion that it was due to my oil not being up to temp because all subsequent laps were a non issue. Also keep in mind that I don't go ***** out on the first lap, good thing too.

Next track day, at Laguna Seca I made sure my oil temp was at least 170 and sure enough, problem solved.

If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I would have never believed that bringing up the oil temp would affect oil pressure, granted I was using 20w50 so that may have contributed to the issue. It's a moot point though because warming up the oil first is now part of my process.

BTW - I really want to add the camera feature to sync everything up

Believe it or not

Last edited by 2002rich; 05-13-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:25 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKomoman
with Toby.

The GPS draws whatever line you drive.

When I'm setting mine up or checking the camera I'll just drive a "lap" around my housing area. When you select "laps" you can push a button to designate a start/finish line (or you can load a lat/long for the S/F line of any track you'll be driving. For my housing area course I set the S/F at a neighbors mailbox and the Traqmate counts laps and lap times from that point. You have to be able to drive a closed-loop route and cross the S/F in the same direction. When you download the "session" it draws a closed course map and displays all your data.

If you're driving a rally or something where the finish line isn't the same as the start, you can set that up too.

Overall it's a smart device and works great!!!

Bob
Old 05-13-2009, 06:34 PM
VRedZ06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by longdaddy
i may be interested, just got chasecam setup, would not mind adding traqmate to it, you know, while I'm in there
Longdaddy, I would like to know what Chase cam system you went with and if you really like it.

ErnieO
Info 609-709-65531 cell
Old 05-13-2009, 07:38 PM
MRIENG
Racer

St. Jude Donor '09

Count me in on the group buy.

Get notified of new replies

To Interest in a Traqmate group buy?

Old 05-13-2009, 11:42 PM
wheelsIII
Heel & Toe

How much would the traqdata II be after the discount? For autocrossing I think I'd rather have that than the display unit...

Thanks,

Tom

Old 05-13-2009, 11:46 PM
Dreamin
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

How many vendors are involved with this Group Buy :
* Todd Z
* Robert@SPEEDSOUTH
* BlackdogSpeedShop

Or are the other vendors stomping on Todd Z's thread... NOT COOL!
Old 05-13-2009, 11:50 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

Todd races with blackdog so i think they are helping out with the sales

Quick Reply: Interest in a Traqmate group buy?