Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One Lap of America 2009

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 12:48 PM
Webz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RogueVette
Yeah I went by today to talk with Brad (track owner) about both the One Lap and our May 2nd event with 10/10ths and the gates were locked down tight.

Aaron,

Thanks, as usual you are a big help I'll give ya a call next week sometime.
Jeremy,

Cool deal running the one lap. Good luck!!! Will you be able to keep the crackberry updates coming now that you are the pilot?

Len
Old 04-18-2009, 04:49 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Webz
Jeremy,

Cool deal running the one lap. Good luck!!! Will you be able to keep the crackberry updates coming now that you are the pilot?

Len
Who do you think was driving and emailing last time?
Old 04-18-2009, 08:40 PM
RogueVette
Safety Car

Cruise-In III Veteran

Originally Posted by varkwso
Who do you think was driving and emailing last time?
That's about right.

Len, Between Eric and myself we'll attempt to keep things up to date.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:59 PM
Ojustracing
Instructor

Well Bluegrass isnt going to happen. Danny you working on something?

John
Old 04-21-2009, 03:23 PM
L98Terror
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

Originally Posted by Ojustracing

John
Not good news
Old 04-21-2009, 03:27 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ojustracing

John
Old 04-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Ojustracing
Instructor

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER

Make sure its wide enough!!

John
Old 04-21-2009, 03:51 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

It will be wide enough for sure, problem is that we only have available the lesser of our 3 lots that we use.........

We will make it happen as an impromptu.......I will be there and will even make some demo runs and offer some tutiledge (sp??)
Old 04-21-2009, 10:17 PM
rudyarias
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RogueVette
Yeah I went by today to talk with Brad (track owner) about both the One Lap and our May 2nd event with 10/10ths and the gates were locked down tight.

Aaron,

Thanks, as usual you are a big help I'll give ya a call next week sometime.

Yes, Got the confirmation this morning that it will also affect the NASA Great Lakes Region event on June 6-7 as well. I've driven the Autobahn when it had construction equipment for corner workers :-)
Old 04-23-2009, 08:53 AM
Ojustracing
Instructor

Anybody up for some Horse Racing.
http://www.turfway.com/

Last edited by Ojustracing; 04-23-2009 at 08:57 AM. Reason: link
Old 04-23-2009, 09:10 AM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

It is on !!!! Even though this is not our best autox event site. The Cincinnati Region SCCA will be hosting the OLOA on May 3rd @ Turfway Horse Track. We will have as good of an autocross as the event site will allow.....I am obviously a Corvette driver and have set up courses that people with Corvettes rave about for weeks after events. I do carry a BIG car agenda when it comes to autocross events.....I have also been accused of creating "speed creep" at autocrosses as the speeds are on the higher end of what is allowed for solo with the SCCA. Little do they know....I am the "speed creep"

In light of Bluegrass not being finished which has also cancelled the first three 10/10ths events..... I did not want the OLOA to go without venue that day, so I approached Brock with this supplemental plan and he was all about it. We offered him a "bail out" without him even asking. He was elated to say the least. Because of its proximity to Bluegrass, most peoples hotel arrangements should still be intact, especially if you were staying in the Florence area.

I will do my best along with the Cincinnati Region SCCA to put on the best event we can. The site is not the best , but we will make it work. We have an event there this weekend , so we will not be going in there cold.........

There will also not be any 10sec. penalties for cones....It will be under standard SCCA solo rules. ( Ian , I and others almost had a stroke when we were all assessed 10 sec. penalties for cones on the warm-up lap at BMW last year). There will be no warm up laps, only competition runs. We will get at least 3 runs and possibly 4 before we have to send you guys off to Alabama.

It will be nice to see everyone even though I will not be competing.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:40 AM
Ojustracing
Instructor

Danny thanks in advance for course layout.

John
Old 04-23-2009, 09:42 AM
manicheus
Instructor

And thanks, Danny, for making ithe course "Corvette friendly" and talking Brock out of cone penalties! This might just be fun!
Old 04-23-2009, 09:51 AM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Brock didn't have an option for cone penalties
Old 04-23-2009, 09:28 PM
No Go
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wish you guys luck!

I hope to spectate at Sebring...

2001 and 2004 OLOA Participant
Old 04-23-2009, 11:43 PM
Axelrod
Team Owner

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER

In light of Bluegrass not being finished which has also cancelled the first three 10/10ths events..... I did not want the OLOA to go without venue that day, so I approached Brock with this supplemental plan and he was all about it. We offered him a "bail out" without him even asking. He was elated to say the least. Because of its proximity to Bluegrass, most peoples hotel arrangements should still be intact, especially if you were staying in the Florence area.
Thanks for offering up the deal dude. I toldya he'd go for it

We need to have some off-line discussions about a company that is about to go out of business or be put out of business in Cayouga (or however you spell that). Ace of spades extra black and blue.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:40 AM
Ojustracing
Instructor

Wow another paved Oval. I wonder how the Locals talk at this one. If anybody was there in 06 and talked to any spectators you know what I'm talking about.

The passage control will be the Braille Battery MPG Challenge where all teams will stop at a predetermined gas station outside Daytona, fill up and we'll seal the filler, drive north on I-95 and fill up again. This contest is not for overall points but Braille Battery will provide a trophy for best mileage. A standard 50-point penalty will apply to those that do not stop at the second Riceboro, Georgia gas station. Both stations are on the way and should not inconvenience any teams by participating and the MPG numbers generated might be interesting.

What about an award for the worst fuel Mileage? RogueVette gets my Vote.

Just a quick heads up if anybody see's me driving like a little Old Lady. I have a ongoing Background investigation. A ticket this yr wont be a good thing. Rudy I call shotgun!!!!

See ya in a few days
John

Get notified of new replies

To One Lap of America 2009

Old 05-09-2009, 08:43 PM
No Go
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any update???
Old 05-10-2009, 06:15 AM
linutux
Pro

Originally Posted by No Go
Any update???
I think some import finished first...
Old 05-10-2009, 09:02 AM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Yes the OLOA is over and the winner was the Rankins/Taylor entry driving a Nissan GTR. Ian Stewart was 2nd in a Porsche GT2 and Catesby Jones in a BMW M3 was 3rd. My good buddy Tony Wiesenhahn was 3rd all week in his Subaru WRX, but lost some vauable points at the final skid pad event. Tony did an outstanding job and finished well ahead in the standings of what his car is capable of.

Top Corvette finisher was Dan Cochoran in his '01 Z06,he finished 5th . He had it rough early week and was trying to sort out his new engine combo. He lost valuable test time before the event when after the 1st test day his new Lingenfelter LS7 ate the number 7 piston and required going back to them for a 4 week stay.............He worked on the adjustments all week and at the end had a solid top 3 car at every event.

Dick and Jerry Clark also seemed to struggle early in the week, but come the 2nd half of the event they were also running very strong. Not sure where they finished , but I am sure they were top 10.

Rudy Arias and Jon Oliver had some suprisingly good finsihes......I wonder who was driving .....Good job guys.

After following the event all week and helping the Cochoran and Wiesenhahn entires daily via cell phone set-up hotline, I am very sorry that I didn't run the event this year. It was a shorter event with lots of great tracks. Very regretful indeed.

Next year.................

Quick Reply: One Lap of America 2009