Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NCM VIR Who made it and what ya driving

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 01:48 PM
GoTreo
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

'07 Black Z06 in the Black Group

For those that are running larger tires, you may want to tape up your rear panel right behind the driver and passenger door. This area almost gets sand blasted if you are running R compound tires.

Last edited by GoTreo; 06-10-2008 at 02:56 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:49 PM
beerkat
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the email that I got from VIR about check-in:

Mr. Reed,
Check-in at The Villas will be after 3 p.m.

There are propane grills at the Villas and trailers are not allowed in The
Villa area.

Should you arrive before 5:30 and want to "drop" your trailer at The Race Plex in order to access your Villa, that will be fine. The Race Plex is our gated industrial area. This is something we frequently offer to our guests and it works out well.

Please let us know how we may further assist you.

Thank you,
Tammy Journigan

I know that you are not allowed to have trailers at The Lodge either.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:53 PM
vms4evr
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by varkwso
yeah - what he said
Originally Posted by Falcon
Where in the heck you been? Haven't seen you around in a while.
Sorry guys. Been a mess... After surgery in Dec things were going great. Was on my way in for 6 week check up. Got totaled by a tractor trailer out on I85. There went Silver down the hopper. Oh yeah and my back. Ruined the surgery. Now I have to go in for more invasive surgery. Got pissed and depressed and just didn't bother with cars or track. Snapped out of it thanks to some friends. Have an EB Z06 now. Tested it out with the PCA club for 3 days on VIR Full recently. Needs work but it's good. Driver very rusty. Need more seat more. Need to ride with you guys and brush up. Doing 2:14 parade laps was about all I could do. Instructed for them. Teaching a Porsche guy was fun. Nice cars. But I'll keep my redneck sportscar.

Looking forward to this event. Catch up with old buddies and meet lots of new ones who are tracking their Vettes. Very cool. Can't wait.

Graham
Old 06-10-2008, 02:04 PM
WNDOPDLR
Burning Brakes

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but glad you are on the road back. Look forward to seeing you at VIR.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:17 PM
MungoZ06
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '10-'11

Originally Posted by vms4evr
Sorry guys. Been a mess... After surgery in Dec things were going great. Was on my way in for 6 week check up. Got totaled by a tractor trailer out on I85. There went Silver down the hopper. Oh yeah and my back. Ruined the surgery. Now I have to go in for more invasive surgery. Got pissed and depressed and just didn't bother with cars or track. Snapped out of it thanks to some friends. Have an EB Z06 now. Tested it out with the PCA club for 3 days on VIR Full recently. Needs work but it's good. Driver very rusty. Need more seat more. Need to ride with you guys and brush up. Doing 2:14 parade laps was about all I could do. Instructed for them. Teaching a Porsche guy was fun. Nice cars. But I'll keep my redneck sportscar.

Looking forward to this event. Catch up with old buddies and meet lots of new ones who are tracking their Vettes. Very cool. Can't wait.

Graham
I'd say that's overcoming adversity!
Looking forward to shaking your hand, good sir!
Hope to meet your "pit crew" too!

Last edited by MungoZ06; 06-10-2008 at 02:17 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 06-10-2008, 02:24 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by vms4evr

Graham
Had to twist Grahams arm to get back up on the horse. Well not really.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:26 AM
Allthrottleandsomebottle
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Virginia Events Coordinator
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
NCM Ambassador

You Gals/Guys have safe fun.......the white hammer has a broke tranny again and is out for the count.....the vert has no RB yet. My spot is now taken, thanks Roc.
See ya again when I get my gremlins fixed.........
Old 06-13-2008, 10:20 AM
Bink
Safety Car

Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by ALLTHROTTLE&NOBOTTLE
You Gals/Guys have safe fun.......the white hammer has a broke tranny again and is out for the count.....the vert has no RB yet. My spot is now taken, thanks Roc.
bummer
Old 06-13-2008, 01:00 PM
Kanmer
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

I told ya, I told ya, I told ya!!!! Don't break your $#!t. And we were really looking forward to hanging out with you and running with you. You are so undependable!!! I hope its not catastrophic...or at least doesn't cost too much to fix. Call me this weekend.

Bob
Old 06-13-2008, 09:25 PM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Default almost bit the dust and missed vir

The Z had her closest brush with death today.... heading down a 2 lane road with various stores to the left and right... speed limit about 45.. me at about 45/48 .... a silver full size truck pulls out right in front of me... I jammed the brakes... knew i could not stop. lifted off the brakes pulled hard right thinking he would keep going but he STOPPED..... there was no room to go behind him as there was about a 5 inch island there... Pulled back to the left broke a bit sideways just cleared the front of his truck and came to a stop in oncoming traffic... (only about 3 cars) kept the car stopped for a moment cleaned the stuff out of my pants while the oncoming traffic looked at me like I was the moron... Then I looked in the rear view mirror and watched the full size truck speed off in the other direction... Oh well .... See ya at VIR... I am in Boston on business till the sat before the event so she is safe till then...
Old 06-13-2008, 09:37 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

bummer - I know what it is like to have gremlins...
Old 06-13-2008, 11:09 PM
ERND IT
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CI-3 Car Show Winner
CI-4 Car Show Winner
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'09

Hey, Steve

Sorry about the car problems - we've all had 'em at the worst time...

Will miss seeing you at VIR this year - I know Danny will miss yelling at u this year -

hope all goes well with the tranny repair!
Old 06-13-2008, 11:13 PM
ERND IT
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CI-3 Car Show Winner
CI-4 Car Show Winner
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'09

Originally Posted by Kanmer
I told ya, I told ya, I told ya!!!! Don't break your $#!t. And we were really looking forward to hanging out with you and running with you. You are so undependable!!! I hope its not catastrophic...or at least doesn't cost too much to fix. Call me this weekend.

Bob
Hey, Bob & Nancy

Hoping to park across from your rig again this year
Old 06-14-2008, 03:33 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Think I will bring the yellow thing out of moth *****

Old 06-14-2008, 06:48 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Think I will bring the yellow thing out of moth *****
Tom,

The students and instructors mark their calenders, prep the cars, show up and have a blast. Many do not realize you have been working on this event for a long time and in 18 days you will start on Road America.

The way you work your butt off you better pencil in some driving time for yourself! In the past you've missed out on many driving sessions putting out fires here and there so everybody would have a great and safe time.

Mike
Old 06-14-2008, 07:45 PM
Kanmer
Drifting

Cruise-In VI Veteran

Originally Posted by ERND IT
Hey, Bob & Nancy

Hoping to park across from your rig again this year
Hey Donna, we will probably be parked out in the boonies up on the hill. You're more than welcome to join us. We should have quit the setup this year.

Tom, get Ol' Yeller out of moth ***** and shake out the cob webs (from the car & you) and have a good time.

Bob
Old 06-15-2008, 07:05 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
Tom,

The students and instructors mark their calenders, prep the cars, show up and have a blast. Many do not realize you have been working on this event for a long time and in 18 days you will start on Road America.

The way you work your butt off you better pencil in some driving time for yourself! In the past you've missed out on many driving sessions putting out fires here and there so everybody would have a great and safe time.

Mike

Thanks Mike - I work my butt off before the event so you guys, the instructors can take over Monday morning. and I can relax.

Get notified of new replies

To NCM VIR Who made it and what ya driving

Old 06-16-2008, 02:18 PM
V8 Juice
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
Tom,

Mike
Look who's talking! You contribute time, energy and assistance to anyone and everyone to make the event safe and lotsa fun. I'm sure some people arrive and drive unaware of all the volunteer efforts of you and others. Thanks to all who make it happen.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:07 PM
freefall
Burning Brakes

I'll be up there instructing...not sure if I'll drive or not.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:53 PM
USA1C5
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Roc and I will be sending a letter to students this week.
Tom
Tom, you posted this on 6/9, I have not received this letter. What was in it? Was it sent email or postal. Thanks for your time.

Quick Reply: NCM VIR Who made it and what ya driving