Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 Z06 SCCA Super Stock Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 07:53 AM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by acrace
wtknght1 - can't use the complete T1 kit in Solo Super Stock. Shocks are open as well as the front bar. Rear bar needs to be OEM as well as the springs.

Al Chan
03 Z06
That's cool. The T1 front bar and SACHS shocks work very well together. I ran that setup for a year or so before I finally put on the T1 springs.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:36 AM
TommyBoy72
Pro

Originally Posted by rlsedition
Based on what I'm reading here, the new 3013s would seem to be just the ticket for your car. We developed them on a C5/ZO6 and C6/Z51 and, like the guys said, they will have inverted bodies, mostly to enable easier adjustment window access.
Price will be $700-750 a set and availability by the end of March.
I agree, thanks for the info. I'll keep my eyes open for them.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:26 AM
acrace
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 153 Posts

Based on what I'm reading here, the new 3013s would seem to be just the ticket for your car. We developed them on a C5/ZO6 and C6/Z51 and, like the guys said, they will have inverted bodies, mostly to enable easier adjustment window access.
Price will be $700-750 a set and availability by the end of March.

Are you allowed to disclose if it has as much gas pressure as the currently available 3013s? If I remember, the gas force on the fronts that I had measured was somewhere around 450 N or so at rest.

I didn't like how much they raised the car.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:39 PM
TommyBoy72
Pro

Just an update,

Talked to Sam Strano for awhile this morning. in the end we determined the setup I want which involves the larger front bar and the incoming revised 3013's. This will allow me to align the car closer to the original way I was thinking (less rear toe-in). Going to lower the car 1/2" as well. For his help I immediately ordered the front bar. I'm having the car lowered and aligned tomorrow and will get to autox just that on Saturday. The bar should arrive next week and get tested in about two weeks from then.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:40 AM
Bimota Guy
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by wtknght1
Most of the T1 guys just run the SACHS shocks which were designed for the T1 kit.
This is a thread about autocrossing in the Stock class.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:31 AM
tigerdrvr
Pro

Originally Posted by TommyBoy72
Just an update,

Talked to Sam Strano for awhile this morning. in the end we determined the setup I want which involves the larger front bar and the incoming revised 3013's. This will allow me to align the car closer to the original way I was thinking (less rear toe-in). Going to lower the car 1/2" as well. For his help I immediately ordered the front bar. I'm having the car lowered and aligned tomorrow and will get to autox just that on Saturday. The bar should arrive next week and get tested in about two weeks from then.
I've never driven a Z06 with the bigger Adco bar that Sam reccomends, but I do know that both Salerno and Braun really liked that setup in '05...of course, that was the year that Strelnieks won SS at Nationals in the yellow '04 Z06...with a stock bar, Koni 2812's and a good amount of rear toe in

I'm just joshing around, going with the bigger bar and less rear toe makes sense. But, we're back to the "whatever works best for you" phase of the discussion

BTW, Ted/Scott, you're correct, I'm driving a RX8 in BS this year with Matthew Braun co-driving...which should be both humbling and educational!

I just come back to this board once in awhile, as the fond memories of driving my old Z06 just won't die and I have to "check in" and see what's happening with the high horsepower crowd. Once the RX8 is off it's two year lease (September 2008), I'll be back...
Old 02-15-2007, 07:35 AM
rlsedition
Advanced

acrace,

To my knowledge there has been no change in the internal gas pressure with the latest 3013s.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:43 AM
talon95
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tigerdrvr
I've never driven a Z06 with the bigger Adco bar that Sam reccomends, but I do know that both Salerno and Braun really liked that setup in '05...of course, that was the year that Strelnieks won SS at Nationals in the yellow '04 Z06...with a stock bar, Koni 2812's and a good amount of rear toe in

I'm just joshing around, going with the bigger bar and less rear toe makes sense. But, we're back to the "whatever works best for you" phase of the discussion
About 1/2 the reason I made the change was just due to not needing to change the rear toe back and forth at events since I drive my car everywhere. Not sure it's really faster, just less work.

Dave G.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:41 AM
acrace
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 153 Posts

acrace,

To my knowledge there has been no change in the internal gas pressure with the latest 3013s.

Thanks. Appreciate the update.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:21 AM
TedDBere
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

of course, that was the year that Strelnieks won SS at Nationals in the yellow '04 Z06...with a stock bar, Koni 2812's and a good amount of rear toe in

No offense but Strelnieks could have probably won in my coupe...

Which gets back to: the better driver wins and the set-up is 90% psychological so go with what you think you'll be faster in.

Last edited by TedDBere; 02-15-2007 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:10 AM
TedDBere
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've never driven a Z06 with the bigger Adco bar that Sam reccomends, ...
lol Mike, didn't you drive Adam's car in the Pro last year?
Old 02-15-2007, 12:35 PM
tigerdrvr
Pro

Originally Posted by TedDBere
lol Mike, didn't you drive Adam's car in the Pro last year?
I knew there was something I couldn't get comfortable with in that car...
Old 02-15-2007, 07:05 PM
John B
Pro
Pro Mechanic

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

For autox I have found less caster to help. I realize i'm giving up camber gain.

Quick Reply: C5 Z06 SCCA Super Stock Alignment