Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Synergy ( G & W) at VIR

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 08:41 AM
kflee
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Kirk I agree with Tim.

Ask the Synergy ppl if you can bring or have your own instructor. There are seveal of us who are instuctors and know VIR very well. One of us will ride with you.

Tim since you liked Viper days you will like this one too.

Come on Oct Tri - fecta.
I asked them that the first time I talked with them since I have a good friend that instucts for Tracquest. They told me that there will be no passengers period! Regardless if they are certified instructors or not. The only exception was the semi-private instruction that you pay for. I will call again today to make sure something has not changed. The green group sure does sound like instructors are involved...

thanks,
Kirk
Old 08-03-2005, 09:17 AM
dmwhite
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by freefall
yeah - what I got from the group classes is that blue is for experienced drivers with <3.0L or intermediate drivers with whatever size engine..
hopefully they won't mind me running in the white group with my puny 3 liter
Old 08-03-2005, 09:20 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by kflee
The only exception was the semi-private instruction that you pay for.

Synergy does a lot of race prep for P-cars for the Grand-Am series. ( you walk into thier shop on the VIR raceplex and it is filled with GT2s GT3 RSR and Daytona Prototypes.

Sounding like they are doing race training too ( instruction)
Old 08-03-2005, 09:36 AM
ScottZ
Racer

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
There will be some very fast cars out there too. but heck you drive faster then you think Scott. either blue or white.

What does Bob Barker say?

COME ON DOWN
I'm seriously thinking about coming on down, but this wedding stuff is starting to get in the way a little (not that that is a bad thing!). I'll probably have to wait until the end of the month to make a decission. Hopefully it's not all filled up by then ...
Old 08-03-2005, 09:47 AM
freefall
Burning Brakes

Kirk - here is some info I just received (i just replied asking about other event parcipants or certified instructors as passengers):

The blue group is for intermediate drivers. The <3.0L designation is there to help keep faster cars from being in a less advanced class. If you have less experience but a faster car, we would like for you to stay in the blue group just as, if you have a lot of experience but a slower car, you would still need to be in the blue group so as not to hinder those in the white group. Example: If you have a Viper but little to moderate experience and need to learn the track, you would want to be in the blue group.

As far as passengers, we cannot allow riders at this time.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:48 AM
freefall
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dmwhite
just don't open the hood or trunk - tell them you have two 3L's and by all the noise, no questions will be asked.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:01 AM
kflee
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Kirk - here is some info I just received (i just replied asking about other event parcipants or certified instructors as passengers):

The blue group is for intermediate drivers. The <3.0L designation is there to help keep faster cars from being in a less advanced class. If you have less experience but a faster car, we would like for you to stay in the blue group just as, if you have a lot of experience but a slower car, you would still need to be in the blue group so as not to hinder those in the white group. Example: If you have a Viper but little to moderate experience and need to learn the track, you would want to be in the blue group.

As far as passengers, we cannot allow riders at this time.
Thanks John. I am going to try to make this one.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:37 AM
dmwhite
Racer

by all the noise, no questions will be asked.
hehe, good point!
Old 08-03-2005, 10:45 AM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by dmwhite
Your speed and race license should put you in the red group. You'll be like a shark in the guppy pool when you're on track with us in the white group.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:02 AM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Okay, the Big Pine Key synchronized swimming team had a bake sale and garage sale so I could get enough money to go. I just sent in my registration so I'm locked and loaded and ready to run!

Man, this one of the best events of the year and I'm willing to bear Ms. Big Pine Key's wrath just so I can go. Boy, is she going to be pizzed!

Where are we staying? Looks like the Sleep Inn has a $65 rate.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:05 AM
MattW_VA
Pro

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by Falcon
Okay, the Big Pine Key synchronized swimming team had a bake sale and garage sale so I could get enough money to go. I just sent in my registration so I'm locked and loaded and ready to run!

Man, this one of the best events of the year and I'm willing to bear Ms. Big Pine Key's wrath just so I can go. Boy, is she going to be pizzed!

Didn't the VIR accomodations spoil you for more pedestrian lodging like the sleep inn?

Old 08-03-2005, 11:12 AM
ScottZ
Racer

Here's what Ryan is talking about:

Who's your Daddy!

I saw him coming and it was still startling.
Wow I want one of those cars
If I can squeak in this event, think I'll sign up for white group and if I can't handle it, they can move me down to blue.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:33 AM
dmwhite
Racer

Your speed and race license should put you in the red group. You'll be like a shark in the guppy pool when you're on track with us in the white group.
i would think the white group should be plenty fast...
Old 08-03-2005, 11:39 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Lets do the Sleep Inn. Hampton is getting up there and NO more motels with NUMBERS in the name.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:47 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ScottZ
Wow I want one of those cars
Yuppers

One of Synergies cars, Pico with BMW power

LS6 motors rebadges with Pontiac logos. Heck these cars are only has high as the door handles on our vettes. The engine is in the center of the car and useings dry sump oiling system. Keeps it down and low, no wonder they fly around corners.

From the Grand Am race: going a weee bit wide out of NASCAR bend
Old 08-03-2005, 12:45 PM
freefall
Burning Brakes

i'm in - signed up for blue group
Old 08-03-2005, 12:47 PM
Oyishdog
Melting Slicks

well, I will wait another week or two and see if I get into the NCM event....I dont have the $ to do all of them, especially since I am already doing the PCA moday event the last week of Sept, the PCA event at CMP oct 8-9 and either NCM or Synergy...

Get notified of new replies

To Synergy ( G & W) at VIR

Old 08-04-2005, 04:25 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Houston, we have a problem! Send lawyers, guns and money, the shlt has hit the fan at Big Pine Key!

When I got home last night I told the ever lovely and understanding Ms. Falcon that I signed up for the Synergy event on the only free weekend in October. Expecting a big smile from my lovely bride and a high 5, I was surprised when I saw her grab a lamp and have a look of rage on her face that I hadn't witnessed in our 37 years of marriage. She kind of reminded me of that character in the Exorcist, except her head didn't spin around.

She said, "You dumb SOB! That is the weekend of your nephew's wedding and your sister will kill us if we're not there!"

Uh oh! Think fast Falcon, she almost has you cornered, but you're not dead, yet! I said "Well, what if you just went by yourself and told everyone I was sick?"

Nope, that was not a good thing to say. She said that I was gone to the track on every weekend of significance this year and that I could at least plan on attending big events like weddings. Knowing I had been gone on our anniversary, my birthday, Easter, her birthday and father's day, I thought it best for me not to fight too hard.

So, sadly I've had to cancel my enrollment in the Synergy event. This way I can live to fight another day!

You guys have fun and think about me whole you’re at, arguably, the best event of the season.

BTW, she still hasn't spoken to me today, but I'm tough, I can take it!
Old 08-04-2005, 04:50 PM
MattW_VA
Pro

St. Jude Donor '07

Houston, we have a problem! Send lawyers, guns and money, the shlt has hit the fan at Big Pine Key!

When I got home last night I told the ever lovely and understanding Ms. Falcon that I signed up for the Synergy event on the only free weekend in October. Expecting a big smile from my lovely bride and a high 5, I was surprised when I saw her grab a lamp and have a look of rage on her face that I hadn't witnessed in our 37 years of marriage. She kind of reminded me of that character in the Exorcist, except her head didn't spin around.

She said, "You dumb SOB! That is the weekend of your nephew's wedding and your sister will kill us if we're not there!"

Uh oh! Think fast Falcon, she almost has you cornered, but you're not dead, yet! I said "Well, what if you just went by yourself and told everyone I was sick?"

Nope, that was not a good thing to say. She said that I was gone to the track on every weekend of significance this year and that I could at least plan on attending big events like weddings. Knowing I had been gone on our anniversary, my birthday, Easter, her birthday and father's day, I thought it best for me not to fight too hard.

So, sadly I've had to cancel my enrollment in the Synergy event. This way I can live to fight another day!

You guys have fun and think about me whole you’re at, arguably, the best event of the season.

BTW, she still hasn't spoken to me today, but I'm tough, I can take it!

Surely they can change the wedding date! Or have it at the track! Get back in there and fight man!
Old 08-04-2005, 05:27 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Jody, Who is your nephew??? If we introduce him to track'n HE might want to think differenlty about getting married.

is the nephew on your wifes side??

Quick Reply: Synergy ( G & W) at VIR