Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LGM & Dino

Old 07-10-2005, 08:39 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default LGM & Dino

For immediate release: 07-09-05

FLASH!!

Cresentini to race Portland for LG Motorsports

in the LG Pro Long Tube Corvette C6

LG Motorsports and Dino Cresentini have joined forces for the West Coast swing. Cresentini will take over the driving duties for the Portland race, the 8th race in the World Challenge Series.

Dino Cresentini and Lou Gigliotti will split the driving duties for Sonoma and Portland.

Dino Cresentini, who is currently running a Mazda in Touring class and former Trans Am Competitor is use to a V8 Chevy under his right foot. “Dino is a very experienced racer in this type of V8 race car. The GT class cars are running very close to the old Trans Am times at most tracks so this will be like coming home for Dino”, said Gigliotti. The GT cars are really more like the monsters that Dino was used to. Dino is well aware of the fact that the Touring cars do not give the “Punch” that the V8 engines do. But he is ready.

Lou Gigliotti, 3 time World Challenge champion heads to Infineon raceway in Sonoma looking to match his qualifying performance from Cleveland and Lime Rock, but not his bad luck. Lou will race the LG Pro Long Tube Corvette C6 at Sonoma and will try to carry the good qualifying spot to a matching finish. But for Portland Dino Cresentini will take over driving duties.

Dino is a California guy who has plenty of experience on these West coast race tracks. Portland is one of Dino’s favorites. The whole LG Motorsports team is expecting good things from Dino.

The LG Pro Long Tube Corvette will have to carry 20 pounds of “rewards weight” but the team is hoping for success in spite of the extra weight. “This is not a huge penalty and by carrying such a small amount of rewards weight we should have an edge. And Dino will get the benefit for Portland.” Says Gigliotti.

When asked, Dino said, “I am looking forward to getting back in a V8 car just for the fun of having the power to run with. And considering the performance of the LG Motorsports Corvette, I am also looking for a good finish in this very tough GT class.”

“ LG Motorsports is one of America’s leading suppliers of Corvette performance parts and he races what he sells. Every Corvette in the Field is using LG Pro Long Tube headers from Gigliotti’s company. Leighton Reece claims that “They are the best Corvette header on the market and totally race worthy. Lou built these headers as a race header for the street. We would not use anything else in our World Challenge Corvette race car”.

Borla, the most respected performance exhaust company in the nation builds LG’s headers on a private label agreement. Gigliotti said,” We were lucky enough to get Borla to be our supplier of our LG headers. The design is LG’s but the quality Stainless Steel construction by Borla is essential to our header’s success”.

Stop Tech brakes have also been instrumental in the success of the new C6 race car. “We have these Stop tech brakes on this car and we can usually out brake the factory teams. We consider the Stop Tech brakes the best choice for our race car, and our speed shows it.”

LG Motorsports will also be using LS-2 Edit computer tuning for the engine management.

Look for LG Motorsports familiar Black and Yellow “Flame Paint” Corvette C6 on Speed Channel for both races.

Lou has 19 total wins in the World Challenge series in 91 starts, which is almost a 21% win record in the series. Lou also has 42 top 3 finishes, 47 top 5’s 57 top 10s and was the fastest qualifier 22 times on the pole which is just about 1 pole in every 4 races which tops PD Cunningham’s pole percentage. Lou only has 9 fastest race laps which shows that Lou can win races on desire alone! Even without the fastest race car, Lou can win races.

Dino was the pole winner at the Phoenix TA race and is always a front runner in any car that he drives in. Dino finished in the top ten in Touring cars last year in ½ of the races and finished in the top ten in points also.

For further information contact Matt Bezozzi at LG Motorsports Matt at LG Motorsports dot com 972-429-1963

Thanks to our race partners: Redline Oil, Stop Tech Brakes, GM Motorsports, Forgeline wheels, Borla Exhaust and LS1 Edit for all their support.

Should be fun to watch next week Sat 1:30 on Speedtv and Trans AM is one hour before with AMLS / C6R on Sunday I think check which channel

Good luck LGM Team and Dino
Old 07-10-2005, 10:13 PM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Old 07-10-2005, 10:44 PM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by John Shiels
Should be fun to watch next week Sat 1:30 on Speedtv and Trans AM is one hour before with AMLS / C6R on Sunday I think check which channel

Good luck LGM Team and Dino
ALMS will be on CBS next weekend
Old 07-10-2005, 11:45 PM
USAsOnlyWay
Le Mans Master

Great to hear Lou is gonna be able to run Sonoma and I luck forward to seeing Dino at Portland!
Good luck guys!
Old 07-11-2005, 07:17 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Go get um Dino and Lou
Old 07-11-2005, 12:59 PM
z060ntrack
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this the begining of the end for Lou's racing carreer?
Old 07-11-2005, 01:21 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

no not at all he is buildling more
Old 07-11-2005, 01:52 PM
XPC5R
Drifting

WCGT C6 #2 and #3 are on the surface plates in Lou's shop the last time I saw them, there will be more to come

If you are going to buy/rent a ride, might as well pick a fast one.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:11 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by z060ntrack
Is this the begining of the end for Lou's racing carreer?

NO! It is just the begining of building a team of drivers who will carry the LG Motorsports banner.

I have known Dino for quite a few years, and he is the kind of take no prisoners driver that will do well in the GT class. We do have 2 more cars on the plate right now and we hope to run either a 2 or 3 car Corvette C6 team for 2006.

If any of you wants to step up and come on board, just say the word. We can have a car built for you in no time. Driver development is my forte along with building fast cars.

See you at the races.

Lou Gigliotti LGM

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...no_compare.jpg

LGM http://www.LGMotorsports.com
Winner Daytona 250
22 WC Wins

"Most powerful Corvette headers on the planet"
Old 07-11-2005, 03:36 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
If any of you wants to step up and come on board, just say the word. We can have a car built for you in no time. Driver development is my forte along with building fast cars.

See you at the races.
Lou Gigliotti LGM
Lou you are soo tempting. Local Viper Racer Kenny Hawkins told me to get out of the DEs and get into racing. Safer there.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:04 PM
Oyishdog
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See you at the races.

Lou Gigliotti LGM
If i have the $$$ I would be there! come on lotto!
Old 07-13-2005, 08:53 AM
TooManyIDs
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

....If any of you wants to step up and come on board, just say the word. We can have a car built for you in no time. Driver development is my forte along with building fast cars....Lou Gigliotti LGM
Now that would be loads of fun.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:26 PM
#001 2001 Z06
NCM, WSCC & SCC Member
Support Corvetteforum!

NO! It is just the begining of building a team of drivers who will carry the LG Motorsports banner.

I have known Dino for quite a few years, and he is the kind of take no prisoners driver that will do well in the GT class. We do have 2 more cars on the plate right now and we hope to run either a 2 or 3 car Corvette C6 team for 2006.

See you at the races.

Lou Gigliotti LGM
Lou,

You are a bad influence to my ego and my pocket book.

Brent

Get notified of new replies

To LGM & Dino

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LGM & Dino