Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedbleeders? yes/no?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 09:53 AM
VT
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Speedbleeders? yes/no?

And which ones.

I have a spare set of calipers I just rebuilt and figure I will replace the bleeders while I am at it. I know that www.speedbleeders.com has them, but I have also heard of others. Are they track safe??
Old 05-19-2005, 10:29 AM
Sidney004
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think there are any torque specs when installing them. It is a matter of feel, too little and you will experiance a weeping leak(which did occur to me at the track) too much and you will torque the speedbleeder off into the caliper and be totally screwed. I have total confidence in them for track use, but bring the proper wrenchs and sockets and visually monitor them after the first few runs.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:30 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I have the "real" Speed Bleeders (SB1010) on my 87 and it make it very easy to bleed or flush the brakes by myself. I always bleed the brakes before each autocross event and do a flush with new fluid before track events.

The Speed Bleeders are a bit more expensive, but IMHO, are a much better deal than the Russell bleeders.

If you go with the Speed Bleeders, get the small bottle of the sealant they sell. After about a dozen times of using the bleeders, you should replace the sealant to insure they will not leak. They also have a nifty bleeding package that has a length of tube and a plastic pouch so you can keep it in the car. Makes it easy to bleed and collect the fluid.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:12 PM
Hazman
Racer

I cannot say my expeirence with Speedbleeders was good. Installed on two cars both had either leaking problems or sucked air during bleeding. Finally gave up and put the stock valves back in. Could have been installer error but I am glad they are gone.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:21 PM
Lancer033
Le Mans Master

I've had a set of speedbleeders on my car for a little over a year now and have had no problems.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:37 PM
kraff
Burning Brakes

I have had nothing but a great experience with them. I would get their bleeder bag as well as it makes this a breeze and easy to get rid of the fluid. This is my second vette with them, so not just a lucky fluke. You do have to be careful with how tight. Just get them on, then pump the pedal to make sure they don't leak and off you go.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:32 PM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I use them and will continue using them on any track car I own... they are cake to bleed the car with.

Mike
Old 05-19-2005, 06:28 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I had one leak and they sent one right away. They are OK but a PITA Now I just use an old container with some brake fluid place the hose end in it to bleed by myself.

Get notified of new replies

To Speedbleeders? yes/no?

Quick Reply: Speedbleeders? yes/no?