Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Watkins Glen - July 3 & 4th....

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 08:57 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Watkins Glen - July 3 & 4th....

This is a golden opportunity for me to get to the Glen. Car Guys is having an event there on those days and I'd love to go.

Anyone else up to it? It's ~650 miles from my house, but that is a vacation week for me anyway, so it fits in perfectly. John, you or any of the other NE guys wanna go?
Old 04-25-2005, 10:22 PM
Cisitalia
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Jody, we talked about this event. You got a kitchen pass or did all your track events leave you wifeless?

I want to go to this event. But gosh darn it my brother decided to get married July 9 in FL and I don't think I can do it all. The new job does not give me much time off either.

Jody, please, please go to the Glen. That track has more memories in my mind than any. A must if you can attend. I attended a F1 GP in the '70s, walked the track met F1 drivers and to drive this historic track is a must. BJ and I have DVD video to get you up to speed.

Go for the gold buddy.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:43 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Cisitalia
Hey Jody, we talked about this event. You got a kitchen pass or did all your track events leave you wifeless?

I want to go to this event. But gosh darn it my brother decided to get married July 9 in FL and I don't think I can do it all. The new job does not give me much time off either.

Jody, please, please go to the Glen. That track has more memories in my mind than any. A must if you can attend. I attended a F1 GP in the '70s, walked the track met F1 drivers and to drive this historic track is a must. BJ and I have DVD video to get you up to speed.

Go for the gold buddy.
Yo, Brad!

Yep, it's the history that draws me there.

Just tell your brother you're sick or something and duck out of the wedding.

I'm still wifeful after all of these events, but she's not looking too kindly on my trip to the Glen . Her "I'm tired of this track shlt" meter is indicating full, but I think I've got a couple more before she blows . I've just got to hurry and get them done.

Has the Elise been on the track, yet?
Old 04-25-2005, 11:26 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Falcon
This is a golden opportunity for me to get to the Glen. Car Guys is having an event there on those days and I'd love to go.

Anyone else up to it? It's ~650 miles from my house, but that is a vacation week for me anyway, so it fits in perfectly. John, you or any of the other NE guys wanna go?

Come to a Pocono long course event with PDA
Old 04-26-2005, 03:03 AM
Bob 33
Racer

I plan to attend although I'm not signed up yet. I went last year with Car Guys and it was a good event with plenty of room and no trains on the track, probably a result of its mid-week time and being over the 4th weekend. The posted rate of $475 is reasonable, but is a deal possible?

Bob 33
Old 04-26-2005, 07:54 AM
MattW_VA
Pro

St. Jude Donor '07

Tempting-very tempting....
Old 04-26-2005, 09:04 AM
Jim 47
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jody: The Car Guys event a Watkins Glen is on July 4th and 5th. I hope some of you "Sothern" East Coast guys can be there. I'm in the Philly area and plan to be instructing at this Car Guys event. I've been going to the Car Guys Watkins Glen event for at least 10 years and it's always been a blast. It definately is one of my favorate tracks and has some fast challenging corners and sections. I'd be most happy to show you guys around the track and give you as many pointers and help as you would like.

I hope to have my new bride with me at this event. That is the plan right now. All you East coast guys come and join us at Watkins Glen. You can get info from Aryan at 1800 800 GUYS. See you there.

Jim Helm
Old 04-26-2005, 09:47 AM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Hey there, Jim!

I got a brochure in the mail the other day and I could have sworn it had July 3rd & 4th as the dates. I'm at the office now, but will check it when I get home.

Regardless, I'd still like to attend and appreciate your offer to help guide me around. I'll certainly take you up on the offer if I put the trip together.

Are there any CF discounts available like you got at VIR?
Old 04-26-2005, 09:51 AM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

I see on the CG website the dates are July 4 & 5th. That makes more sense than the 3rd & 4th.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:53 AM
Jim 47
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey there, Jim!

I got a brochure in the mail the other day and I could have sworn it had July 3rd & 4th as the dates. I'm at the office now, but will check it when I get home.

Regardless, I'd still like to attend and appreciate your offer to help guide me around. I'll certainly take you up on the offer if I put the trip together.

Are there any CF discounts available like you got at VIR?
I'll call "The Boss" Aryan and see if he is willing to offer any discounts for the Corvete Forum guys and gals.

Here is the result of that call. The brochure that you got in the mail from Car Guys offers several levels of discounts, depending on the number of events that a registered for by the stated deadline. Arian said that anyone who signs up for the Watkins Glen event by the deadline stated in your brochure can get the 10% discount for that event.

So, If you will let the CF contingent know the details of the discount structure and deadline on the brochure from Car Guys, and they get their registration and payment in before the deadline, they can get the 10% discount for the Car Guys event. Hope to see a bunch of you guys there.

Jim

Jim

Last edited by Jim 47; 04-26-2005 at 10:04 AM.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:44 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

94ZR1#444 ( Mark ) and I are looking at coming up with da Falcon for a Run on the Glen too.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:53 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Yo, Brad!

Yep, it's the history that draws me there.

Just tell your brother you're sick or something and duck out of the wedding.

I'm still wifeful after all of these events, but she's not looking too kindly on my trip to the Glen . Her "I'm tired of this track shlt" meter is indicating full, but I think I've got a couple more before she blows . I've just got to hurry and get them done.

Has the Elise been on the track, yet?
Wedding??? Chit mon - he will have another one some day. But there is onle ONE WATKINS GLEN

and the wife side there was a thread over in the C6 section. something about getting a New Corvette AND the wife divorcing him. some one responded, " Hey a Divorce AND a new Corvette. Best of Both worlds."

:
Old 04-27-2005, 07:08 PM
Oyishdog
Melting Slicks

if i had a car trailer i would consider going....hmm
Old 04-27-2005, 07:46 PM
bpirate
Burning Brakes

I have an open twin axle that you could borrow.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:23 PM
Oyishdog
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by bpirate
I have an open twin axle that you could borrow.
I would like to buy one, but i have no where to keep it
Old 04-27-2005, 09:30 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

don't have to keep a borrowed one. What a deal come on up
Old 04-27-2005, 09:41 PM
Oyishdog
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by John Shiels
don't have to keep a borrowed one. What a deal come on up
Good point john!
Old 04-29-2005, 12:57 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,964 Likes on 5,350 Posts

There are other Driving Events at the Glen. Most of the days they are open there is some organization putting on a driving school. Its probably too late to get into the May BMW school which is very good but Phoenix CMR has added a June event which still has room. Tell them I recommended the school to you.

This is their web page:
http://www.phoenixcmr.com/june_track_event_frame.htm

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To Watkins Glen - July 3 & 4th....

Quick Reply: Watkins Glen - July 3 & 4th....