Notices
Autocrossing & Roadracing Classifieds Post your For Sale or Wanted Autocrossing & Roadracing parts here.

WTB: WTB your almost worn out Set of C5/C6 base used front race pads

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 07:21 AM
Jackolafedon
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB your almost worn out Set of C5/C6 base used front race pads

Signed up for a track night in America in may to try the car out at a track day. Very likely the only one I will do for the next 2-3 years as I mainly autox and don't do track days very often.

My stock power C5 is on basically new hawk HPS pads and I would really like something with a bit more heat tolerance for safety/fun as on the hps I will be doing cool down laps.

Any body have something better that has got some lining left for about an hour of easy track time?
Old 04-07-2016, 10:35 AM
hungryhippo
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts

I have some carbotech xp8 front and rear with at least half the material remaining. $50 shipped?
Old 04-07-2016, 11:38 AM
Jackolafedon
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ill take em. Sending pm
Old 04-07-2016, 09:34 PM
SunnydayDILYSI
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Let me know if you need more, have a lot of Carbotech RP2s (endurance version of the xp10).
Old 04-08-2016, 05:18 AM
JimsCorvettes
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

PM Sent as well.
Old 04-08-2016, 10:54 AM
rigit
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jack you will be doing more track days ;-)
Old 04-08-2016, 11:09 AM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

You shouldn't have to buy these...any number of us here have some that are worthless for racing but probably ok for a one evening HPDE.

I probably have some in my trailer (Hawk DTC70, and Raybestos ST47) that you can have for free if you need them. Just Pay the shipping.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:33 AM
Dan H.
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by Jackolafedon
Signed up for a track night in America in may to try the car out at a track day. Very likely the only one I will do for the next 2-3 years as I mainly autox and don't do track days very often.

My stock power C5 is on basically new hawk HPS pads and I would really like something with a bit more heat tolerance for safety/fun as on the hps I will be doing cool down laps.

Any body have something better that has got some lining left for about an hour of easy track time?
Off Topic Warning!
I'm very interested in hearing about your experience at this event. I can't decide whether I want to go to the NJMP event in August.

Dan
Old 04-11-2016, 07:00 PM
FASTFATBOY
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 121 Posts

Put some high temp brake fluid in the car or the pads will be worthless
Old 11-25-2016, 01:25 PM
demon340
Pro

Received 101 Likes on 81 Posts

Well checked out this LT4, body and paint looked good except for the dent in mirror, few scratches but overall good to very good for 20 year old. Tires were mismatch , rears were Goodyear F1 from 1997 I think front and rear hard and worn, started up fine good oil psi , no lights on, seemed to idle at 1k slight miss but maybe normal?? Clutch felt spongy and in neutral slight noise like throw out bearing went away when pushing pedal down. Drive was ok but felt odd with the tires,, engine had old oil around the intake and front like a seep somewhere. To me it looks like it was rode hard and not much in the way maintenance also the parking brake didn't work. Made no offer. Now going to check a 1 owner 93.
Old 11-27-2016, 01:22 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by demon340
Well checked out this LT4, body and paint looked good except for the dent in mirror, few scratches but overall good to very good for 20 year old. Tires were mismatch , rears were Goodyear F1 from 1997 I think front and rear hard and worn, started up fine good oil psi , no lights on, seemed to idle at 1k slight miss but maybe normal?? Clutch felt spongy and in neutral slight noise like throw out bearing went away when pushing pedal down. Drive was ok but felt odd with the tires,, engine had old oil around the intake and front like a seep somewhere. To me it looks like it was rode hard and not much in the way maintenance also the parking brake didn't work. Made no offer. Now going to check a 1 owner 93.
??? Wrong thread ???

BTW - I have stock shape race pads for sale if anyone is still looking.

Get notified of new replies

To WTB your almost worn out Set of C5/C6 base used front race pads

Quick Reply: WTB: WTB your almost worn out Set of C5/C6 base used front race pads