Auto Extras & Memorabilia Accessories for your Corvette that aren’t budget-busters. Plus, Corvette memorabilia and die cast models (1:24 and 1:18 scale).

The Great Vette Set Card Hunt

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2003, 11:52 AM
Doughan
Team Owner

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts
Elite Member
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default The Great Vette Set Card Hunt

I'm needing a few cards to complete some Vette Sets. I need 5, 15, 35, 36, 45,46, 25,26. I need three of four each of these. If you have them I would like to maybe trade you some you might need or buy them. Thanks! :D
Old 03-15-2003, 11:28 PM
MAGRED-02
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: The Great Vette Set Card Hunt (Doughan)

Sorry I can't help you out but I was curious as to when these cards were released. I bought a set in the early 90's but haven't seen any since. Of course I don't collect baseball cards anymore so I am not at shows to see what's out there. Have they been releasing sets in the last few years? I remember someone posting about a new set (probably you) but it was pretty expensive.
Old 03-15-2003, 11:46 PM
7Vette
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: The Great Vette Set Card Hunt (MAGRED-02)

These were put out in 1991. The complete sets are a dime-a-dozen on Ebay. :flag
Old 03-16-2003, 12:02 AM
MAGRED-02
Racer

Default Re: The Great Vette Set Card Hunt (7Vette)

Thanks 7Vette. That was what I was thinking but wasn't sure. It was the same year I bought my 89. That's the only way I would have remembered. I don't even know where my set is right off. I suppose they are selling for pennies. That's usually what happens with anything I buy. I never buy with the intention of reselling but it would be nice to see items at least hold their value. That's why I finally gave up on baseball cards. I was paying ridiculous prices for cards only to see them half price a couple months later. Come to think of it I might be responsible for the fall of the stock market. It's done nothing but go down since shortly after I got in. :banghead:
Old 03-16-2003, 03:44 AM
7Vette
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I bought a set in '91 at Bloomington Gold, but I think I gave them to my brother a year or two later. I wasn't really into cards of any kind, but they were sort of cool. :cheers: :flag
Old 03-16-2003, 11:17 AM
Doughan
Team Owner

Elite Member
Cruise-In III Veteran

Sorry I can't help you out but I was curious as to when these cards were released.
The Vette Set cards were a one year only realease in 1991. A complete set usually goes for around $10 w/shipping on eBay.

NCM had a new 50th anniversary set of cards. They wanted $99 I think for them. Don't see them listed now though.
Old 03-16-2003, 11:34 PM
hudsont62
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: The Great Vette Set Card Hunt (Doughan)

I too purchased a set when they first came out and would of hoped that they would have at least retained their value of at least what i payed for them. But i also purchased an uncut sheet of them which i had framed nicely and is currently hanging on my wall, it's truly been one of my favorite things to talk about when quest come over.
Old 03-18-2003, 03:11 AM
beachcat
Safety Car

Thanks 7Vette. That was what I was thinking but wasn't sure. It was the same year I bought my 89. That's the only way I would have remembered. I don't even know where my set is right off. I suppose they are selling for pennies. That's usually what happens with anything I buy. I never buy with the intention of reselling but it would be nice to see items at least hold their value. That's why I finally gave up on baseball cards. I was paying ridiculous prices for cards only to see them half price a couple months later. Come to think of it I might be responsible for the fall of the stock market. It's done nothing but go down since shortly after I got in. :banghead:
:iagree:
I have given up on cards.
Old 03-18-2003, 11:35 AM
MAGRED-02
Racer

Default Re: The Great Vette Set Card Hunt (hudsont62)

I too purchased a set when they first came out and would of hoped that they would have at least retained their value of at least what i payed for them. But i also purchased an uncut sheet of them which i had framed nicely and is currently hanging on my wall, it's truly been one of my favorite things to talk about when quest come over.
The uncut sheet idea sounds good. I didn't realize they were even available like that. :cool:
Old 03-19-2003, 11:15 AM
Nickindy
Instructor

Hey Doughan....I have all the cards you are looking for and could give you 2 of each....what do you have to trade......any 78 Pace Car collectible items your willing to trade. I purchased a Kerbeck poster from you all ready...do you have anything else in line with the 78 Pace Car. :hurray:
Old 03-19-2003, 05:08 PM
Doughan
Team Owner

Elite Member
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: The Great Vette Set Card Hunt (Nickindy)

Hey Doughan....I have all the cards you are looking for and could give you 2 of each....what do you have to trade......any 78 Pace Car collectible items your willing to trade. I purchased a Kerbeck poster from you all ready...do you have anything else in line with the 78 Pace Car. :hurray:
You have mail! :cool:

Get notified of new replies

To The Great Vette Set Card Hunt

Quick Reply: The Great Vette Set Card Hunt