Auto Extras & Memorabilia Accessories for your Corvette that aren’t budget-busters. Plus, Corvette memorabilia and die cast models (1:24 and 1:18 scale).

New Bright 1/8 Red !

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 10:50 AM
roundlight lover
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Bright 1/8 Red !

why can't you just post "saved" pictures from your cell on this forum?
I've never experienced anything so difficult. On purpose?
I got hold of one of the new C7 rc 1/8 scale show packaged units from New Bright. Walmart had one out on the shelf after stock time yesterday morning at 6am. I don't think it was supposed to be put out because I've read where NB struck a deal with Target and Wmart for the "holiday season" which was supposed to kick off in late September.
Of course, I'll be amazed if Amazon dosen't get their fingers in it at some point. So far, no. Right now I'm just basking in the glory of "first one on the block" syndrome.
So how the hell does one post a pic? what friggin' URL?
Old 08-19-2013, 12:27 PM
DevonK
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

Only paying members get the right to upload - you have to post it on photobucket etc and then post that URL here.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:45 AM
roundlight lover
Racer

Originally Posted by DevonK
Only paying members get the right to upload - you have to post it on photobucket etc and then post that URL here.
Oh... when did that change? Prior to spring of this year it was easy normal.
Ok... tried it... my security system says no no leaveitgo.
Oh well. I'm a bit surprised at the lack of interest on the part of the general membership anyway. Not quite sure what to make of that. Oh well.
As a final post (perhaps) and as a huge collector of Vette models since 2002 (can't afford a real one - I drive the Turbo Dart show as avatar) I just don't know where else t share excitement about new releases or classic hard to finds.

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 08-20-2013 at 07:11 PM. Reason: forum commentary removed
Old 08-20-2013, 04:23 PM
nhisfan
Burning Brakes

Received 197 Likes on 88 Posts

Here's a pic of the gray version, still looking for the red...

Nearly 22 inches long. Nice detail. So So paint...

geo
Old 08-20-2013, 07:09 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,358 Likes on 2,786 Posts

Originally Posted by roundlight lover
Oh... when did that change? Prior to spring of this year it was easy normal.
Ok... tried it... my security system says no no leaveitgo.
Oh well. I'm a bit surprised at the lack of interest on the part of the general membership anyway. Not quite sure what to make of that. Oh well.
As a final post (perhaps) and as a huge collector of Vette models since 2002 (can't afford a real one - I drive the Turbo Dart show as avatar) I just don't know where else t share excitement about new releases or classic hard to finds.
There has not been any change in the procedure in posting pictures here in at least 10 years.

If you are a Supporting Member, you can attach images. If you are not, you can very easily get a free Photobucket account, upload your photos there and then copy and paste the IMG link. It takes a few minutes the first time and even less after that. If you can't figure it out, PM me and Ill walk you through it.

In the meantime I'll delete the commentary about the forum.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:06 AM
roundlight lover
Racer

Originally Posted by nhisfan

geo
Yowzza... that's it. I got the red metallic one with flat black wheels.
Just an fyi about New Bright's usual "MO".... When the 1/8 scale C6 came out in 2005 they did a red only coupe with no "try me" buttons (awesome, btw), and finding any at retail was near impossible. Back then online like Amazon wasn't even in my vocab. But I did get one. Opened it but never used it outside as an RC. How could you? Unless you bought an extra just to beat. And they do get scratched up pretty fast. But, point being, NB doesn't usually make these large higher retail units very long and then they just disappear. The more common is the 1/16 scale which have almost no detail - blacked out windows so no interior, etc etc. Of course I get them anyway cuz they're so cheap.
I never could afford a real Vette, even used is outside my realm, BUT... and I mean BUT... my collection of all things in scale pre built (not into model kits - yuk) is pretty much beyond the level of obsession. If you can think of it, I most likely have it. Must do a youtube sometime of the 12 years of relentless bargain hunting (when there were still retail toy stores like KayBee) and hours spent doing battle on Ebay. In some cases, true steals of auctioning. 1/2 of a large room that looks like a ramshackle museum . (not a neat freak - like Sheldon on BigBang), just keep 'em clean & covered.
My real car is a new '13 Dart with the Fiat Abarth turbo engine in it.
It does have a nice Italian burble growl to it. Which, at least, makes it sound like I'm going fast....
Old 08-22-2013, 05:12 AM
roundlight lover
Racer

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer5869
There has not been any change in the procedure in posting pictures here in at least 10 years.

If you are a Supporting Member, you can attach images. If you are not, you can very easily get a free Photobucket account, upload your photos there and then copy and paste the IMG link. It takes a few minutes the first time and even less after that. If you can't figure it out, PM me and Ill walk you through it.

In the meantime I'll delete the commentary about the forum.
OK... got it. I just seem to remember being able to "circumvent" the system more easily in the past. I will comply. Roger that. It's just so much more work.... I'm a product of the 60's TV and Rock&Roll era.
Don't for one minute think it's easy living in the real world with such heritage!
Old 08-22-2013, 05:15 AM
roundlight lover
Racer

Such as....
Old 08-22-2013, 05:16 AM
roundlight lover
Racer

I confess... I'm not a resident Republican....
Old 08-25-2013, 07:32 PM
roundlight lover
Racer

Originally Posted by nhisfan

geo
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnddddd..... .. now I izz complete as of Sunday 7am at a different Walmart. Gray has been acquired as well now. They will now be put in suspended animation for awhile until such time is right for opening.
So I guess that's about it now Collectible Vette fans ! These 1/8 's usually don't hang around very long after the initial flood. Get 'em while they're big. I doubt if any other colors will be offered in this scale and issue. The smaller New Brights are "ok", but lack attention to scale and detail and no interior - just blacked out windows.
Next up for waiting: possible Autoart offerings!

Get notified of new replies

To New Bright 1/8 Red !

Quick Reply: New Bright 1/8 Red !