Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Audio suggestions for Z06/FRC?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 02:41 AM
C6-XTSY
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio suggestions for Z06/FRC?

I've been thinking about swooping on a Z06 in the next few months and I'm starting to think about the audio upgrade path I'm going to take.

First off, this is what I had in one of my previous cars that I liked: Fosgate 400.4 4-channel amp, (2) 8" JL Stealthbox free-air subs, 5 1/4" MB Quart components. It wasn't earth-shattering loud but it was pretty clean and was enough for me. Clean, simple, and relatively cost effective. I never got used to that MBQ sizzle so I'll probably go with a different set of fronts this time but that's for a different thread.

I'll probably be looking at a similiar setup. But I also want to quite down the car so a partition along with judicious use of Dynamatt is on the agenda. My biggest worry is the partition and how it's going to affect the setup.

So with that said...
1) How would you set up the car?
2) What about using a partition to keep noise down? I would like to be able to have some type of partition. This would obviously affect the sub if one were to use a sealed box in the trunk.
3) Can a partition be made from MDF and be securely mounted and have a pair of free-airs pumping into the trunk?
4) How solid and tight is the trunk? Am I going to be fighting rattles ?
5) How solid and tight are the doors? Fighting rattles here?

Any and all info/opinions/pics will be appreciated. :cheers:

Old 01-22-2004, 10:46 PM
0C5stein
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Audio suggestions for Z06/FRC? (C6-XTSY)

1) How would you set up the car?
pioneer or Alpine HU in stock location
Crystal, MBQuart or JL Audio Componants - Tweets on bottom of "A-pilar" - Mids in Door (6 1/2")
Make Bulkhead partition out of 3/4" MDF and carpet to match
Build Sub box in front of partition for a moderate system and mount amps on trunk side of partition. For a more wild sub setup, make the trunk area you sub cabinet and mount the subs in the partition.
Sound deaden the bulkhead behind the seats and the trans tunnel.
I like Xtant Subs and Amps and can sell them out of my area. The JL Audio & MB Quart I can only sell to walk in customers.

3) Can a partition be made from MDF and be securely mounted and have a pair of free-airs pumping into the trunk? Yes
4) How solid and tight is the trunk? It is fine
Am I going to be fighting rattles ? Not really
5) How solid and tight are the doors? The doors are good, but you will have to make up a speaker mounting plate to cover the stock hole, I like using 5/8" MDF. No rattles here either
Old 01-23-2004, 02:22 AM
C6-XTSY
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Audio suggestions for Z06/FRC? (C5stein)

Mark, thanks for the suggestions. You do audio at your shop, correct? I've got a buddy that lives up there around Sunrise. I'll have to stop by next time I'm up there. :cheers:

Old 01-26-2004, 02:41 PM
0C5stein
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Audio suggestions for Z06/FRC? (C6-XTSY)

Yes we do Audio, we do supercharges, heads, cams, suspension, Brakes, Tinting, exhaust... ...if it can be done to a C5, then we do it.

We are a Forum vendor.

That would be great if you stopped by.

If you come on a Saturday call first. If it is a track weekend, then we are closed, if not then we have Krispy Kreams and Coffee evry Saturday Morning from 8 til noon.

Get notified of new replies

To Audio suggestions for Z06/FRC?

Quick Reply: Audio suggestions for Z06/FRC?