Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Those of you with subs in C5

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 11:03 PM
msuc5vette
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Those of you with subs in C5

Trying to decide if I am going to need save up money for a whole system of if I will be happy with just adding sub.

Right now the bLose system sounds "ok" I just want more bass, but in my other vehicles that has always led to a totally new system.

What do most others do?
Old 03-28-2003, 12:39 AM
0Sales@MVPAutoParts.com
Former Vendor

Default Re: Those of you with subs in C5 (msuc5vette)

Adding a sub only is pretty popular. You can purchase this PIE adapter from my webstore which allows you to convert from speaker line level into RCA signal for the amp use to power the sub. :cheers:
http://www.tlelectronics.com/catalog...roducts_id=196

To go one step further, you can replace the cheapo rear speakers with a set of Infinity REF 652I speakers. http://www.tlelectronics.com/catalog...roducts_id=132

:cheers:
Old 03-28-2003, 05:04 AM
kumar75150
Le Mans Master

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Re: Those of you with subs in C5 (Tuan Le)

what size is the rear speaker on a z06?
Old 03-28-2003, 01:17 PM
Paul2001
Instructor

Default Re: Those of you with subs in C5 (Tuan Le)

Tuan,

Those rear speakers are a direct fit, screw holes , etc ?

Thanks,

Paul
Old 03-28-2003, 01:30 PM
Leadfoot77
Racer

Default Re: Those of you with subs in C5 (Paul2001)

to be honest...I thougt i would be happy with just a sub. I spent alot of money to have my amp wired into the bose system (and had to go back to the stereo shop 4 times cause they kept messing up). When the system was working well it was just OK at best. I was not happy untill i put in a HU, 2 amps, a cap, door speakers and a sub. I installed it myself so its exactly the way i want it...i am addicted to the sound now. To each their own I guess...but IMO i would not waste money on just adding a sub cause chances are (if youre anything like me) you're gonna wind up doing a total system overhaul.
Old 03-28-2003, 04:35 PM
pdd000
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: Those of you with subs in C5 (Leadfoot77)

to be honest...I thougt i would be happy with just a sub. I spent alot of money to have my amp wired into the bose system (and had to go back to the stereo shop 4 times cause they kept messing up). When the system was working well it was just OK at best. I was not happy untill i put in a HU, 2 amps, a cap, door speakers and a sub. I installed it myself so its exactly the way i want it...i am addicted to the sound now. To each their own I guess...but IMO i would not waste money on just adding a sub cause chances are (if youre anything like me) you're gonna wind up doing a total system overhaul.
:withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid:
Old 03-28-2003, 05:14 PM
leolufse
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Those of you with subs in C5 (kumar75150)

what size is the rear speaker on a z06?
z06, FRC, and vert all use a 5.25" speaker in the rear
Coupe uses an oversized 6.5" in the rear.
The rear speakers are powered by the HU.

The front speakers in all C5s consists of a 3.5" twiddler (powered by the HU) and a 7" mid bass speaker powered by a small bose amp.
Old 03-30-2003, 10:06 PM
msuc5vette
Burning Brakes

This is exactly what I expected would be the case, just figured I would ask. I am definately going to change the HU, I want an LCD so the BlOSE deck is as good as gone. I'll give the fronts a chance, no harm done in trying, but I fully expect I'll end up replacing them. Thanks for the feedback, what would you guys recomend for front speakers?

Does anyone know if the JL w7 12 is overkill for a coupe? I know some cars just rattle like crazy with a big sub, how is the vette?

Old 03-31-2003, 01:37 AM
Wicked C5
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Get notified of new replies

To Those of you with subs in C5

Quick Reply: Those of you with subs in C5