Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Do NOT buy from Etronics

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 06:13 PM
MY2K2C5
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Do NOT buy from Etronics (Lord Odin)

When I installed my CDA-7998, the first HU didn't work correctly. I couldn't get the face piece to fully close. I pulled it out and had to drive to the big city to another Car Toys and grab their last unit in stock. I left the dash unassembled and told them I was going out to see if it worked. I hooked it up and it was good to go.

I feel your frustration man. I went through a Pioneer, that my wife won as a door prize and it didn't work either. I was extremely upset as I had already put new CDT components in the doors and had the amps installed as well...

Best of luck to ya! :thumbs:
Old 02-22-2003, 10:28 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Re: Do NOT buy from Etronics (MY2K2C5)

Lord - any word from etronics????

Old 02-22-2003, 10:38 PM
Eddie 70
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Ci 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Default Re: Do NOT buy from Etronics (bogus)

I have been buying my stuff from Sounddomain. So far so good. But I guess there is always that off chance that it could happen there too. Besides the http://www.sounddomain.com gives 105% price matching. :cool:
Old 02-23-2003, 01:03 AM
Lord Odin
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Do NOT buy from Etronics (bogus)

Lord - any word from etronics????
No, not yet. I'm still waiting for that repair shop to see what they can do. Should find out by Mon if they fixed it or not. If not, i'll be calling up Etronics ASAP.
Old 02-23-2003, 01:04 AM
Lord Odin
Safety Car

Default Re: Do NOT buy from Etronics (Eddie 70)

I have been buying my stuff from Sounddomain. So far so good. But I guess there is always that off chance that it could happen there too. Besides the http://www.sounddomain.com gives 105% price matching. :cool:
OOoooh! :cool: I think I like that. Have to show them Etronics ad and find out if they'll give me an even cheaper price for a new unit in case Etronics doesn't work out.
Old 02-23-2003, 01:10 AM
Metal Wulf
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Do NOT buy from Etronics (Lord Odin)

I have been buying my stuff from Sounddomain. So far so good. But I guess there is always that off chance that it could happen there too. Besides the http://www.sounddomain.com gives 105% price matching. :cool: OOoooh! :cool: I think I like that. Have to show them Etronics ad and find out if they'll give me an even cheaper price for a new unit in case Etronics doesn't work out.
http://www.sounddomain.com/service/lowestprice.pl

:thumbs:
Old 02-23-2003, 02:26 AM
vrumvrum
Pro

Default Re: Do NOT buy from Etronics (vrumvrum)

I doubt it's etronics but seems I'm having the same problem everywhere, it takes WAY to much effort to make a purchase anymore.

Good luck :)

UH OH. :( :mad I ordered an Alpine CHA-1214 changer for my Alpine 7998 about the time this thread started (Feb 14) from etronics. They said it was in stock and ships in 1-2 days. They estimated I would receive it by the 24th. The web site says it is still in "processing". They probably don't have the product and accepted the order anyway. :banghead: I have had that happen several times with Autobahn (California Concepts) and a couple of other New York camera shops.

I get lousy service when I use local stores, I get lousy service when I order internet. :banghead: :banghead: I'll try to cancel, CALL sounddomain, and DRIVE to Seattle and pick it up myself. That way maybe I can eliminate as many :troll handling the order as possible and increase the chance of making a purchase that takes less than a month.

[Modified by vrumvrum, 7:27 AM 2/23/2003]

Quick Reply: Do NOT buy from Etronics