Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Custom Autosound Model 230 Won't Manual Tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2024, 08:35 PM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 293 Posts

Default Custom Autosound Model 230 Won't Manual Tune

I bought this radio a couple years ago installed it but haven't used it yet so I was trying to enter stations on the presets but it won't go into manual preset mode . It just starts scanning . All but one of the buttons are set on numbers that are not local stations and it won't let me manually click the stations that I want, it just keeps scanning . What could be wrong ?
Old 02-10-2024, 09:49 PM
VinceC5
Melting Slicks

Received 368 Likes on 283 Posts

Antenna not connected?
Old 02-10-2024, 10:54 PM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by VinceC5
Antenna not connected?
Yes it is connected but I will look at the connections better. Does the Aux mode button have anything to do with this . Could have this got bumped and changed something ? It also says the Aux button changes the mode , what ever that means . .
Old 02-11-2024, 12:03 AM
VinceC5
Melting Slicks

Received 368 Likes on 283 Posts

No. The AUX button just changed the source from Radio>Aux In>Radio.
If the antenna connection is fine, you need to make sure it is set for US frequencies.

Here's the manual in case you don't have it.
https://customautosoundmfg.com/user-guides
Old 02-11-2024, 09:34 AM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by VinceC5
No. The AUX button just changed the source from Radio>Aux In>Radio.
If the antenna connection is fine, you need to make sure it is set for US frequencies.

Here's the manual in case you don't have it.
https://customautosoundmfg.com/user-guides
You might have hit on something there because I just got done installing an all new wiring harness from Lectric Limited and I was reaching behind there to pull the new wires through to the passenger side , and could have bumped the switch . also when I installed the radio a couple years ago I was able to enter one local station back then and everything seemed fine . I'm going to the garage this afternoon and will check that . Thanks for your help, I will let you know.
Old 02-11-2024, 01:05 PM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Default Antenna End Doesn't Look Good.

It looks like someone changed the end of the antenna wire at some point where it plugs into the radio and it looks pretty shabby . It will play on one local station but it was programmed in back when I originally installed the radio . Do the auto parts sell a repair end for the antenna wire ?

There is a small screw holding the main wire down inside of there but the end won't come off to access it .
Old 02-11-2024, 01:19 PM
madsonp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,773 Likes on 1,178 Posts

Originally Posted by bj1k
It looks like someone changed the end of the antenna wire at some point where it plugs into the radio and it looks pretty shabby . It will play on one local station but it was programmed in back when I originally installed the radio . Do the auto parts sell a repair end for the antenna wire ?
There is a small screw holding the main wire down inside of there but the end won't come off to access it .
I don/t think auto parts stores can help you with the cable connector, you’ll have to figure out the type it is first, this might help. https://www.cablethis.com/finding-th...hensive-guide/ Another possibility would be to go to Best Buy or other car stereo shop and check with their installers, and see if they have any ideas or options.
Old 02-11-2024, 03:29 PM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by madsonp
I don/t think auto parts stores can help you with the cable connector, you’ll have to figure out the type it is first, this might help. https://www.cablethis.com/finding-th...hensive-guide/ Another possibility would be to go to Best Buy or other car stereo shop and check with their installers, and see if they have any ideas or options.
I was able to reuse the end connector . They just didn't have it installed correct . I reconnected it with a good connection and raised the antenna all of the way up and it started working . THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS .
Old 02-11-2024, 08:24 PM
madsonp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,773 Likes on 1,178 Posts

Originally Posted by bj1k
I was able to reuse the end connector . They just didn't have it installed correct . I reconnected it with a good connection and raised the antenna all of the way up and it started working . THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS .

Get notified of new replies

To Custom Autosound Model 230 Won't Manual Tune

Quick Reply: Custom Autosound Model 230 Won't Manual Tune