Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Possible C5 audio upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2023, 09:07 AM
black_89_vette
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Possible C5 audio upgrade?

99 Corvette A4

I have seen several double din upgrades which involves new bezel, lowering HVAC, new bracket, etc.
I have also noticed a thread or two about relocating the HVAC controls to the glove box, as the new radio looks upgraded, it draws attention to the HVAC which now looks kinda outdated.

If one were to relocate their HVAC to the glove box, would something like this (see picture below) be a good option or has anyone mounted a flush tablet to fill the entire audio/HVAC area? With the HVAC removed and no radio, it would prob be a 7" x 7" hole with nothing there?
You can ignore the touch screen's operating specs and maybe even the size, it's the idea I'm looking at.

What say you?
Old 03-05-2023, 11:03 AM
madsonp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,177 Posts

Originally Posted by black_89_vette
99 Corvette A4

I have seen several double din upgrades which involves new bezel, lowering HVAC, new bracket, etc.
I have also noticed a thread or two about relocating the HVAC controls to the glove box, as the new radio looks upgraded, it draws attention to the HVAC which now looks kinda outdated.

If one were to relocate their HVAC to the glove box, would something like this (see picture below) be a good option or has anyone mounted a flush tablet to fill the entire audio/HVAC area? With the HVAC removed and no radio, it would prob be a 7" x 7" hole with nothing there?
You can ignore the touch screen's operating specs and maybe even the size, it's the idea I'm looking at.

What say you?
I don't have a C5, but personally I suggest staying away from the cheap no name systems, they're cheap for a reason. I suggest getting a good quality brand name system (i.e. Pioneer, Kenwood etc.). I'm also not a fan of the floating head units, in my option they look stupid, and like an afterthought, personally I suggest just going with a Double DIN unit in your car, but if you got your heart set head one, I suggest one such as this. https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/P...rs/DMH-WT76NEX Pioneer makes a number of different floating head units as you can see here. https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/P...edia+Receivers
The following users liked this post:
FatChance (03-10-2023)
Old 03-10-2023, 01:13 PM
averydogg300
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default head unit upgrade

if you go with a shallow chassis double din head unit and the vette nuts bezel, you do not need to cut out anything factory in your car..i put in a jvc m560bt and used vette nuts bezel..upgraded doors to infinity kapa 6.5 and the rears to 5 1/4 pioneer..added an infinity 5 channel amp and a kappa 10 inch sub..sounds and looks amazxingtotal removal and full install wa roughly 6.5 hours

Get notified of new replies

To Possible C5 audio upgrade?

Quick Reply: Possible C5 audio upgrade?