Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fixin’ to start on my audio upgrade.. got a few questions..

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 10:51 PM
OleStraightStick
Le Mans Master

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Default Fixin’ to start on my audio upgrade.. got a few questions..

Got 95% of what I’ll be installing ordered and on the way.. been trying to learn as much as possible before I tackle this project & tried to keep the budget around $1600’ish..

Here’s what I’m going with.. car is a 2000 coupe:
Sony XAV-AX100 6.4” h/u
Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" Components w/ crossovers mounted to speaker plate & tweeters mounted in door pulls
JL C2 650 coax rears
JL 12W0V3-4 sub
Alpine PDX-V9 5 channel amp to power all speakers and sub
Flush mount sub box
Metra bezel
Natika backup camera

I also ordered 36’ sq ft of dynamat for various insulation, a knukoncepts 4 ga. amp installation kit, a Dewalt angle drill adapter to drill out factory bracket rivets, 50ft of 12 ga. speaker wire, adapter plates for components, an Alpine sub dB control ****, a metal grill to protect the sub, and 2 6.5 speaker spacers (Incase needed for rear coax)..

Now what I can’t seem to find anywhere is installation brackets for new h/u.. can’t find them on Amazon or eBay.. what should I do about that? Are they not required?

Since I’m powering all speakers off the amp, I’m assuming I need to run 3 separate RCA cables to the amp to individually control the fronts, rears, and sub.. that sound correct?

And what about connecting the power wire to the battery.. I believe my battery is a Duralast Gold with side posts only.. not sure if additional posts can be added to the top or not.. do y’all have any recommendations or preferred methods to cleanly connect to the battery?

I plan on mounting the amp vertically to the back wall under the hatch.. seems like a safe place to screw into.. do most folks run the backup camera through that rear wall/carpet area?

Lemme know what y’all think so far! All tips and advice are welcomed! I’m hoping this will go as smoothly as possible but like always “hope for the best, expect the worst”

Last edited by OleStraightStick; 02-13-2018 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:23 PM
motorboater222
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by OleStraightStick
Got 95% of what I’ll be installing ordered and on the way.. been trying to learn as much as possible before I tackle this project & tried to keep the budget around $1600’ish..

Here’s what I’m going with.. car is a 2000 coupe:
Sony XAV-AX100 6.4” h/u
Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" Components w/ crossovers mounted to speaker plate & tweeters mounted in door pulls
JL C2 650 coax rears
JL 12W0V3-4 sub
Alpine PDX-V9 5 channel amp to power all speakers and sub
Flush mount sub box
Metra bezel
Natika backup camera

I also ordered 36’ sq ft of dynamat for various insulation, a knukoncepts 4 ga. amp installation kit, a Dewalt angle drill adapter to drill out factory bracket rivets, 50ft of 12 ga. speaker wire, adapter plates for components, an Alpine sub dB control ****, a metal grill to protect the sub, and 2 6.5 speaker spacers (Incase needed for rear coax)..

Now what I can’t seem to find anywhere is installation brackets for new h/u.. can’t find them on Amazon or eBay.. what should I do about that? Are they not required?

Since I’m powering all speakers off the amp, I’m assuming I need to run 3 separate RCA cables to the amp to individually control the fronts, rears, and sub.. that sound correct?

And what about connecting the power wire to the battery.. I believe my battery is a Duralast Gold with side posts only.. not sure if additional posts can be added to the top or not.. do y’all have any recommendations or preferred methods to cleanly connect to the battery?

I plan on mounting the amp vertically to the back wall under the hatch.. seems like a safe place to screw into.. do most folks run the backup camera through that rear wall/carpet area?

Lemme know what y’all think so far! All tips and advice are welcomed! I’m hoping this will go as smoothly as possible but like always “hope for the best, expect the worst”

My setup is different but here is a album of my install. If you have any questions feel free to IM me!

https://imgur.com/a/sHmZk
The following users liked this post:
OleStraightStick (02-21-2018)

Quick Reply: Fixin’ to start on my audio upgrade.. got a few questions..