Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need help with rear speaker install

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2002, 03:40 PM
lofarris
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with rear speaker install

I am looking for a good set of rear speakers that will be a direct fit in my 98 coupe. I think the factory bose speakers are a 6 3/4". I will be running them with 50W RMS. I had a real nice set of 6 1/2 Boston Acoustics I wanted to use but they wouldn't fit. After testing one on the passenger side, I made a set of mounting plates. Worked fine for the passenger side, but when I got to the driver side, it was a little more shallow. Talk about feeling stupid. Luckily I only waisted about 30min with the removal of the factory speakers and making the mounting plate. To make a long story short, I don't want to have to make another set of mounting plates, so I want a set of spearkers that will line up with the factory mounting holes.
Thank you
Old 10-14-2002, 12:37 PM
MY2K2C5
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need help with rear speaker install (lofarris)

I used a pair of CDT Audio Cambria CAX-600's in the rear holes. I got them in without any problem. I didn't get all 4 fasteners but if I would have tried a little I would have gotten them in. It was hotter than hell in my garage and I was dripping with sweat when working in the rear of the car... :mad and I was melting....

I recommend them! They are two way speakers and they sound pretty darn nice for rear fill.

http://www.cdtaudio.com/supercoaxials.htm
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Quick Reply: Need help with rear speaker install