Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2008 Opinions/Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 04:48 PM
b0xm0ns73r
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 2008 Opinions/Suggestions

Okay guys and gals, I am about to start ripping the fun stuff out of the car and put better fun stuff inside :-)

I am removing the HU and will be replacing it with a Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS that I have had for a while (got a really good deal on it) that I haven't installed yet.
I want to remove the Bose door speakers and replace with something a wee bit better.
Also planning on installing front and rear backup cameras.

I don't want to cheap out too much, but also don't want to break the bank on a system in car that I drive only a few thousand miles a year.
Another thing I have to keep in mind is I don't need a sub box that isn't real secure as I do a lil autocross now and again.

Here is what I am thinking, but am open to suggestions. You guys seem to be VERY helpful.

My HU (already purchased) Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS
Polk db6501 for the doors or a refurb (CDT has a set of CL-E61CV for $129.99 so that is a thought too)
Keep the stock rears and power off of the HU
Hit Dennis up for an NVX Boost sub for the cubby in the back. Or the JLAudio sub for the cubby in the back. Does the NVX Boost for the C6 sound pretty good?

I don't have an amp in mind right now so suggestions on that would be appreciated. I'm guessing 3 channel.....

Thanks!
Old 12-21-2015, 05:15 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Good plan

Don't get stuck looking at 3-ch amps. A bridgeable 4-ch is perfect too. A bridgeable 5-ch will also work and may even have better power.

Dennis won't steer you wrong.

Quick Reply: 2008 Opinions/Suggestions