Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help Troubleshooting '00 C5 with Aftermarket Stereo

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 11:41 AM
McWeesh
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Troubleshooting '00 C5 with Aftermarket Stereo

I recently purchased a '00 C5 Convertible with an aftermarket Kenwood Touchscreen Stereo and a 10 disc changer in the trunk (which, for the life of me, I can't find a name brand on). All of the functions on the touchscreen work fine (DVD, AUX (which is for an iPod connection in the glove compartment), in-dash CD, etc.) except for the changer. It just shows "EJECT" at the bottom of the screen when I try to use it. Is there any troubleshooting I can do before I have to take it in? Thanks!
Old 01-04-2015, 12:31 PM
Notninja
Racer

[QUOTE=McWeesh;1588638124]I recently purchased a '00 C5 Convertible with an aftermarket Kenwood Touchscreen Stereo and a 10 disc changer in the trunk (which, for the life of me, I can't find a name brand on). All of the functions on the touchscreen work fine (DVD, AUX (which is for an iPod connection in the glove compartment), in-dash CD, etc.) except for the changer. It just shows "EJECT" at the bottom of the screen when I try to use it. Is there any troubleshooting I can do before I have to take it in? Thanks!

Just a thought but the changer could be original to the car and not hooked up to the new radio.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:45 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Notninja
Just a thought but the changer could be original to the car and not hooked up to the new radio.
That's what I was thinking

Has the changer ever worked? Is it powered? Is it mounted in the rear tub, and does it 'look' like an oem install? Can you post a pic of it?

If it is oem, then it can't be connected to the Kenwood
Old 01-04-2015, 05:35 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

you can not retain the stock changed with any aftermarket radio
Old 01-05-2015, 09:16 AM
McWeesh
7th Gear

Originally Posted by markcz
That's what I was thinking

Has the changer ever worked? Is it powered? Is it mounted in the rear tub, and does it 'look' like an oem install? Can you post a pic of it?

If it is oem, then it can't be connected to the Kenwood
I have only had the Vette for a couple of months and I didn't get the chance to try it out during the test drive.

It does have power because I can hear the disc loading/trying to load after putting the magazine in. It is mounted in the trunk and I will take a pic the next time I go to where it is stored. It has a door on the left that slides open, and the magazine pops out and there is no name brand to be found.

If I had to make an educated guess, I would say if is an aftermarket install.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:17 AM
McWeesh
7th Gear

[QUOTE=Notninja;1588638518]
Originally Posted by McWeesh
I recently purchased a '00 C5 Convertible with an aftermarket Kenwood Touchscreen Stereo and a 10 disc changer in the trunk (which, for the life of me, I can't find a name brand on). All of the functions on the touchscreen work fine (DVD, AUX (which is for an iPod connection in the glove compartment), in-dash CD, etc.) except for the changer. It just shows "EJECT" at the bottom of the screen when I try to use it. Is there any troubleshooting I can do before I have to take it in? Thanks!

It looks like it was an aftermarket install but that is just an educated guess.

Get notified of new replies

To Help Troubleshooting '00 C5 with Aftermarket Stereo

Quick Reply: Help Troubleshooting '00 C5 with Aftermarket Stereo