Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Is there a difference in 06 and 08 speakers or configuration (regarding quality)

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 11:38 PM
markzeronine
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Is there a difference in 06 and 08 speakers or configuration (regarding quality)

Hey guys I had an 08 with the base radio and speakers. For me the sound quality was great and I could get a ton (relatively speaking) of bass.
I now have an 06 with bose and overall it's much quieter even when turned all the way up and a very noticeable amount less bass. I've driven 12 and 13 base cars with base radio and they sound even better (louder and more bass than my 08) what I guess I'm asking is it possible that the speakers wear out over the years or do they keep improving the speakers. I am fairly certain I don't have any blown speakers.

What is the simplest cheapest most oem looking way to get the same bass and loudness as say a 13 base model car in my stock 06z with bose. Thanks in advance for dealing with my newbie questions
Old 07-27-2014, 11:57 PM
markzeronine
Pro

I actually just did a lot of reading and people are normally complaining about lack of highs with bose. Mine are really good to me, in fact I have to turn high and mid way down and bass way up to get any type of decent sound. Could that mean just the woofers are bad? I really have no idea how this system is set up. Are there separate woofers and speakers in the door? I guess I should take the door panels off to take a look, the previous owner might have changed the speakers or something.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:34 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Check the doors to make sure your subs are there. The only real difference between '12 bose and '08 bose is the addition of the dash tweets, door base should be almost identical.

The non-bose doors had 3" tweet/mid speakers and 6" mid/bass speakers.

Bose has the same 3" tweet/mid and an 8" sub. If the 8" is missing or not powered, that would explain what you described.

C6 prints are HERE if you need to trace power or signal issues.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:39 PM
markzeronine
Pro

Thanks for the response. Is there a separate subwoofer and speaker behind the door panels?
Old 07-28-2014, 09:53 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Yes. 3" is above door button, sub is down by floor behind mesh grill with Bose emblem on it.

If you use fade/balance and trebel/bass adjustments to go min to max scale one speaker at a time you can prob tell if each speaker is functioning.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:41 PM
markzeronine
Pro

Perfect, I'll give that a shot first. Thanks again. If the subs were not there or are not getting power would I be able to hear any bass through the small upper speakers? There is definitely some bass, I'd compare it to a new Toyota camry or something, but WAY less than my car with the non bose system. There wouldn't by any chance be an adjustment for them would there? Luckily I'm off tomorrow and will get a chance to play around. When you have the cheap for example "double d mods" speaker upgrade packages are they replacing the small speakers in the front, the speakers in the back and leaving the stock subwoofers alone?

Get notified of new replies

To Is there a difference in 06 and 08 speakers or configuration (regarding quality)

Quick Reply: Is there a difference in 06 and 08 speakers or configuration (regarding quality)