Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

C5 Antenna Adapter needed (straight)

Old 07-13-2014, 03:08 PM
IRON MAIDEN
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default C5 Antenna Adapter needed (straight)

Looking for an antenna adapter to connect to an aftermarket radio. The ones I'm seeing all have a right angle on the end that plugs into the back of the radio. My head unit has a pig tail antenna plug so I don't want the adapter exiting it at a right angle.
What adapters do not have this???
Old 07-13-2014, 07:26 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Those adapters are designed to fit behind the radio, so a straight one wouldn't work too well in most cases. I don't recall ever seeing a straight one
Old 07-13-2014, 11:23 PM
IRON MAIDEN
Melting Slicks

Check my thread later. I will be agreeing with you! Spent all day cutting out the upper brace. For a single din unit! Then it still wouldn't fit. There was a little plastic hook off the ac unit that was in the same location as one of the harnesses on the head unit. Go figure I pick a head unit that is deep as **** and has all the rca's off the upper right of the backside. So removed the hook. Still barely fits! It's tight enough that it forces the back of the unit downward causing the front to angle up. So I had to make another brace to support the back of the unit. It's tight back there but will work. I'll replace this one after a while and make sure I find one that isn't as deep or t least has it's hookups off the bottom side of the backend.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:25 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by IRON MAIDEN
Check my thread later. I will be agreeing with you! Spent all day cutting out the upper brace. For a single din unit! Then it still wouldn't fit. There was a little plastic hook off the ac unit that was in the same location as one of the harnesses on the head unit. Go figure I pick a head unit that is deep as **** and has all the rca's off the upper right of the backside. So removed the hook. Still barely fits! It's tight enough that it forces the back of the unit downward causing the front to angle up. So I had to make another brace to support the back of the unit. It's tight back there but will work. I'll replace this one after a while and make sure I find one that isn't as deep or t least has it's hookups off the bottom side of the backend.

you need 90 degree rca adapters for the back for the radio to give you the depth
Old 07-14-2014, 12:13 PM
IRON MAIDEN
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Double D Mods
you need 90 degree rca adapters for the back for the radio to give you the depth
All the RCA and other inputs/outputs on the back of this JVC use the pigtails so they are not needed. Problem is that they exit the back of the HU on the upper edge. As you know, the back wall is angled and those pigtails coming out of the HU rest right up against it. Not much I can do other than space out the HU in the mount which would leave the faceplate sticking farther out. Would look horrible. I'll leave as is. Should be fine. If it causes problems with the outputs, I will replace the unit.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Antenna Adapter needed (straight)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C5 Antenna Adapter needed (straight)