Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Where to get replacement drivers door sub?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 06:41 PM
SharkByte
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where to get replacement drivers door sub?

A few days ago the drivers door sub in my '07 Coupe blew and the rattle is driving me crazy. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement sub to throw in there? I have heard its a major pain to swap in anything but the OEM speakers. My car has the U65 RPO code.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:33 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

ebay
or
dealer

but dealer will be like 130.00 each
Old 07-05-2014, 02:33 PM
SharkByte
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$130 is a bit steep for that bad of a speaker... lol I might just have to fade it all to the passenger side and save up to replace the whole system with something that doesn't suck.

What will fit in the stock speaker locations without having to modify to much if I swap the head unit and add a decent amp? Where can I hide an amp in a C6 if I don't want to give up trunk space to mount it?

It was easy in my C5 Vert. I just dropped a 10 inch sub in a custom box in the truck storage well and mounted an old Kicker ZR240 I had laying around behind the waterfall. I have been out of the car audio scene since the late 1990's so I have no idea whats out there now. Dows someone make a decent amp that would push two 10's in the doors thats slim enough to go behind the passenger seat or something?
Old 07-05-2014, 09:29 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Using the fade would also disable the twiddler. You can pull the door skin and just unplug the bad sub

There are several tiny amps available that would fit where the oem amp is (passenger footwell next to the fuse box), but subs in the doors don't work too well in vettes

Best option would be components in the doors and a 10" sub in the trunk. VetteNuts is actually running a great sale right now on their corner sub boxes
Old 07-06-2014, 11:06 PM
mesospeedy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amazon has them, or at least they used to, iirc they are about $80 each.

Get notified of new replies

To Where to get replacement drivers door sub?

Quick Reply: Where to get replacement drivers door sub?