Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C6 Bose lost sound in front driver mid and driver mid in rear

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 10:58 AM
2scary
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default C6 Bose lost sound in front driver mid and driver mid in rear

I have a 2013 GS (Bose) to which I've added a sub amp. I've also replaced the front door mids and rear speakers. Everything was working fine. This weekend I went back into the dash to try to eliminate some alternator whine. This morning something sounded odd and I've noticed that my front driver side mid and rear driver mid have no sound (door subs still work). I have another amp and speakers ready to replace the door subs and power the rear, but I'd prefer to put things back to stock before my next Vette. Suggestions?
Old 04-21-2014, 09:42 PM
2scary
Instructor

Originally Posted by 2scary
I have a 2013 GS (Bose) to which I've added a sub amp. I've also replaced the front door mids and rear speakers. Everything was working fine. This weekend I went back into the dash to try to eliminate some alternator whine. This morning something sounded odd and I've noticed that my front driver side mid and rear driver mid have no sound (door subs still work). I have another amp and speakers ready to replace the door subs and power the rear, but I'd prefer to put things back to stock before my next Vette. Suggestions?
Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:54 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

If it was working fine before you took it apart, and now it isn't, try pulling it out again to look for a plug that may have been pulled apart, or wires that somehow shorted out. Many times you can find the issue by having the radio on and gently tugging on the wires.

Is the aftermarket sub still working as well as it was before?

Did you make your own Add-GM24 to RCA adapter? If yes, maybe the left side leads are shorted inside one of the RCA plugs.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:53 PM
2scary
Instructor

Sub still works fine. I did pull the door panel and found that the 3.5" DID have a loose connection. Pulled the rear speaker.....no such luck. I appreciate your response. I was hoping to hear from you. Guess I have more troubleshooting to do for the driver rear speaker.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Bose lost sound in front driver mid and driver mid in rear

Quick Reply: C6 Bose lost sound in front driver mid and driver mid in rear