Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Can the stock screen be replaced

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 11:48 PM
morris
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Can the stock screen be replaced

I have an 09 z06 and while bedding in the brakes I had an object fly toward the front of the car, strike my display and of course render it inoperable. The object was a travel humidor by the way any way it's the stock unit with Nav, does anyone know if I can just replace the screen or am I out of luck and need to buy a whole new replacement head unit?
Old 04-01-2014, 07:08 PM
jlbsam
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by morris
I have an 09 z06 and while bedding in the brakes I had an object fly toward the front of the car, strike my display and of course render it inoperable. The object was a travel humidor by the way any way it's the stock unit with Nav, does anyone know if I can just replace the screen or am I out of luck and need to buy a whole new replacement head unit?
Not sure about the screen, but i recently found a company that can repair oem nav/stereo's. go to rivetech.com, and check it out
Old 04-02-2014, 11:22 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

If it ends up costing more than few hundred to repair/replace the oem unit I'd spend a bit more to go aftermarket. Well worth it
Old 04-03-2014, 12:53 AM
morris
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Do they have an aftermarket setup that integrates with the HUD and steering wheel controls? I did read in some of the stickies about a device to integrate with the Steering wheel controls but have not seen anything about the HUD

Get notified of new replies

To Can the stock screen be replaced

Quick Reply: Can the stock screen be replaced