Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Axxess XSVI-2004 Factory Integration Adapter?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 10:26 PM
whoanelli
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axxess XSVI-2004 Factory Integration Adapter?

Hello all and thanks for your replies. I plan on changing not only the head unit but also the speakers in my '04 Z06. My question is whether or not I require this adapter? Here's the description :
"The Axxess XSVI-2004 amplifier turn-on interface lets you install a high-powered aftermarket receiver into select 1997-2004 Chevrolet Corvette vehicles without bypassing the premium factory system. The interface provides an amplifier turn-on signal and a 12-volt accessory power lead for your new stereo. You'll also be able to adjust the volume level of the amplified woofers in your doors"

I'm not really interested in RAP and, as I understand it, the other functions seem to related to the woofers in the door that I'll be replacing anyway.
So, is this necessary in my case?
Thanks again everyone... Great forum!
Old 03-30-2014, 10:40 PM
QuickSilver_C5
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Adapter

Those adapters are mainly for use with the stock speakers. You will have to manually tap into the wiring on the car for your 12v power and rap (plenty of threads here to show you how) if you want to use it. I have that adapter on my alpine 149bt but am using stock speakers for now. The only thing it will help you with is not having to tap in for power or rap. Save the money and manually tap into your power sources.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:20 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

If you're gutting the stock system, all you need from the car is constant and switched power. An '04 probably won't have the accessory pigtail in the fuse box area, so you'll have to tap the original radio harness for B+/ground, and a fuse in the footwell for switched power.

C5 prints are HERE

if you are one of the rare 04's with the pigtail:

Old 08-01-2019, 08:08 PM
ramez75
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi
I am in the process to update my head unit on my 2001 C5, so I got the Axxess XSVI 2004 wiring interface. Not much about the description of the different components. I was wondering how to connect certain plugs assuming they need to be connected somewhere. There are 2 black boxes and 2 wiring harnesses. I am trying to understand certain plugs where they go.
- What do I do with the small black box, the 2 wiring harnesses that came with the kit none of them plug into it and I couldn't find anything in the car to plug into it either
- So the first wiring harness with the white plugs on either end, one end goes into the converter with the dials and the other end goes into the factory harness - CHECK
- The second wiring harness has 3 black plugs and stripped wires.
- The stripped wires I will have to wire with the new Kenwood wiring harness by matching colors - CHECK
- The big black plug gets connected to the factory harness - CHECK
- What about the 2 small black plugs where do they go, I could not find anywhere to plug them.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated

Last edited by ramez75; 08-02-2019 at 08:22 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Axxess XSVI-2004 Factory Integration Adapter?

Quick Reply: Axxess XSVI-2004 Factory Integration Adapter?