Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Kept Bose Nav HU added speakers & amps

Old 08-18-2013, 06:31 AM
essixx
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Kept Bose Nav HU added speakers & amps

Just finished my install and want to share. With the help of this forum and the members here, it went smooth. Thank you!!

I kept the stock Bose Nav head unit, made the modified PAC ADD GM-24 harness for the RCA jacks. I installed the Aux input at the XM module so I can listen to an MP3 player with my stereo. I disconnected the center speaker. I used the "Heated Seats" fuse for the amps remote turn on.

Front speakers are Pioneer TS-D1702R 6-3/4", 60 watts RMS. Rear speakers are Pioneer TS-D1302R 5-1/4", 35 watts RMS. I powered these with an Alpine MRV-F300 amp, 50 watts RMS x 4.

For the Subwoofers I used two Alpine SWE-10S4 10", 250 watts RMS. I powered these with an Alpine MRV-500 amp, 250 watts RMS x 2 @ 2 ohm load. I installed the subwoofers in a DUAL 10" SUB BOX from Double D Mods. Fits perfect in back of the wheel-well humps.

Both amps are class D. Maybe not the best choice for sound quality for the four channel amp, but both are very small, 7-7/8"x2-3/16"x7-7/8". Both fit in the rear cubby with room to spare. I think they have enough room to run cool. If not, I believe it will be easy to add a fan to the space.

I think I got lucky, no alternator or electical noise can be heard!!! I used the ground at the passenger "B" pillar for the amps.

I believe this setup made more than a small difference. It made a HUGE difference! I am very happy with it. I am not an audio expert but I do enjoy music. I have never been satisfied with stock stereo systems. The Bose system in the Nissan 370Z I traded for my current Corvette, was the best OEM system I have heard. Even then, this system I just installed is much better.

I hope this helps someone. Without the members of this forum, this would have been much more difficult. Thank you again!!

Last edited by essixx; 08-18-2013 at 06:35 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Kept Bose Nav HU added speakers & amps