Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Pioneer head unit

Old 05-30-2013, 04:20 PM
Arsonone
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer head unit

This is just a FYI. I decided to upgrade my head unit in my 07 C6. I have no OnStar, Bose, or XM. After consideration I decided to go to my local audio shop. After four different harnesse with no success and with the pros at the audio shop scratching their heads finally the 5th harness worked. It was a harness for OnStar of which I do not have.

Well the Pioneer 2500BT looks good in the dash and sounds amazing with the factory speakers. Streaming Pandora from my android phone also sounds good. Thanks to Horizon Audio in Canton Ohio
Old 05-30-2013, 05:30 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Outstanding information. I have a 13 GS without Bose and I don't want on star. I'm getting ready to order a Pioneer head unit and came here to see what adapter I'll need. Do you happen to havea part name and number? Did you have to use an adapter for the edge of the head unit to fit properly in the stock opening?

Thanks for the info..

Originally Posted by Arsonone
This is just a FYI. I decided to upgrade my head unit in my 07 C6. I have no OnStar, Bose, or XM. After consideration I decided to go to my local audio shop. After four different harnesse with no success and with the pros at the audio shop scratching their heads finally the 5th harness worked. It was a harness for OnStar of which I do not have.

Well the Pioneer 2500BT looks good in the dash and sounds amazing with the factory speakers. Streaming Pandora from my android phone also sounds good. Thanks to Horizon Audio in Canton Ohio
Old 05-30-2013, 06:20 PM
Jeffro_510
Burning Brakes

I got my adapter harness fro Double D mods, it was right the first time. Not sure what the issues was with yours, but glad it worked out.
Only problem i had was with the install kit, i bought the Pioneer 8400, but had to file the install kit all around, to get the deck to open and close properly (apparently its pretty normal for the 8400)
Only thing I dont like is that there is no video interface with my Android phone, but the bluetooth works great.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:44 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by vetten76
Outstanding information. I have a 13 GS without Bose and I don't want on star. I'm getting ready to order a Pioneer head unit and came here to see what adapter I'll need. Do you happen to havea part name and number? Did you have to use an adapter for the edge of the head unit to fit properly in the stock opening?

Thanks for the info..
Most radios can be made to work by sliding them in/out of the mounting adapter, some do need to have the adapter filed down a bit.

C2R-GM24 interface adapter
Metra dash kit
Antenna adapter
Maybe some ground loop isolators
One stop shopping HERE

Steering Wheel Interface (SWI) depends on the HU you buy, not so much the car.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:30 PM
smoothyc
Cruising

I'm getting the same head unit put in my '07 this week (No on-star, no Bose, no steering wheel controls). This shop specializes in custom audio jobs and they seem very knowledgeable and have very good reviews.

They told me they have every needed for my install (including the adapter). I will let you all know how it turned out along with the part numbers.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:20 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by markcz
Most radios can be made to work by sliding them in/out of the mounting adapter, some do need to have the adapter filed down a bit.

C2R-GM24 interface adapter
Metra dash kit
Antenna adapter
Maybe some ground loop isolators
One stop shopping HERE

Steering Wheel Interface (SWI) depends on the HU you buy, not so much the car.

This option will work
but

I would recommend the GMOS04 harness and the ADS SW control module for your car and any car that has SW controls.
The ADS module is the only module that will allow you to retain the answer and hang up buttons to left of the SW.
The reason for the GMOS04 is I know how to wire this to keep from you having to cut, splice or tap into the main stock harness. With the SWI and ASWC you will need to do this.
The combo of the GMOS04 and the ADS SW is the best and only route I would recommend for your 2013
I send the ADS module out prewired and preprogrammed to your car with our packages
Old 06-17-2013, 10:11 AM
smoothyc
Cruising

Got my Pioneer 2500BT installed. Looks great, CD's, and Iphone, IPod sounds great....Radio Reception....sucks!

We are looking into alternatives (gonna try a antenna booster first, then a new antenna).
Old 06-17-2013, 09:52 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

On the reception, my last Alpine didn't work at all. Someone told me to put power to the the power antenna wire. It worked. Reception was fixed. Just a thought.....

Originally Posted by smoothyc
Got my Pioneer 2500BT installed. Looks great, CD's, and Iphone, IPod sounds great....Radio Reception....sucks!

We are looking into alternatives (gonna try a antenna booster first, then a new antenna).
Old 06-17-2013, 10:06 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by smoothyc

Originally Posted by vetten76
On the reception, my last Alpine didn't work at all. Someone told me to put power to the the power antenna wire. It worked. Reception was fixed. Just a thought.....
If you're using oem amp & speakers then stock antenna module is already powered.

If you have aftermarket amp & speakers make sure HU trigger wire is attached to wire at B3 of big radio plug.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:01 PM
smoothyc
Cruising

Thanks Marckz & vetten76, I will check the HU trigger wire first and then if that isn't the problem I will look into getting power to the antenna wire.

Get notified of new replies

To Pioneer head unit

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pioneer head unit