Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need help on brands from you audio guys

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 01:51 PM
hz900
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Need help on brands from you audio guys

Its been forever since I played with installing audio systems so I am completely out of the loop as to what are good brands names and what to absolutely stay away from these days. My application is not in a car, but in a boat, however the speakers will be going in the cabin so marine grade is not entirely necessary. I used to like Fosgates, Kickers (especially the round solobarics if that tells you how long its been), and Pioneer's upper end stuff. I'm looking for something that I can buy used on fleabay just to have decent tunes while on the water, no need to break the bank on competition grade stuff. Need amp and 2 subs. Boat already came with head unit and mids (clarion).

What are you guys suggestions? Oh and it can be either enclosed or open air. Currently spot to install in open air under a seat but an enclosure can easily be put in for the speaker.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:59 PM
philip_g
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in a similar position and found a lot more help on some of the various car audio forums on the web. All I get here are a bunch of vendors telling me what they sell is the best thing out there.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:18 PM
hz900
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by philip_g
I'm in a similar position and found a lot more help on some of the various car audio forums on the web. All I get here are a bunch of vendors telling me what they sell is the best thing out there.
Any suggestions on audio forums?
Old 02-21-2013, 05:40 PM
philip_g
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hz900
Any suggestions on audio forums?
it'd probably get me sideways with forum rules to link you elsewhere. Just google it. there are plenty of DIY car audio forums and I found a lot of good reviews of equipment on them.

Get notified of new replies

To Need help on brands from you audio guys

Quick Reply: Need help on brands from you audio guys