Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

C5 owners, what iPod interface do you use on your stock HU w/out CD changer???

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 03:00 AM
got-20z
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default C5 owners, what iPod interface do you use on your stock HU w/out CD changer???

I saw it in the FAQ for C5 audio but there are several iPod adapter kits I have seen out there. I would like to know exactly which one some of you guys have and if you like it. I've seen some of them from about $85 up to $130+. I recently purchased an iPod touch 4th generation so wanting to get this thing usable in the car when the weather gets a bit better and I can drive it.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:03 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

If I had a stock C5 radio without changer today and I wanted to add ipod to it I'd get one of THESE. It gives you limited control of the ipod on the radio, but it's enough that you can tuck it out of sight and never touch the ipod if you don't want to. This gizmo only works with old style dockable apple products (includes yours).

Something like THIS is about the same, but it has a headphone jack that plugs into any audio source. However, you must control the music from the ipod/gizmo itself.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:46 PM
Rookieracer
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

I used the first suggestion above (labeled "These") and a lightning to 30 pin adapter to connect my iPhone 5. Works great with music as well nav instructiions through the radio.

Without the adapter I use an iPod 4th gen for all the same features. I have the ipod set to connect to my wifi network at home, so when the car is at home the iPod connects over wifi to iCloud and transfers any new songs I purchased or transferred from a CD that are stored in iTunes into the iPod.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:38 PM
got-20z
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you guys. Good help and now I know more about what I'm trying to buy.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 owners, what iPod interface do you use on your stock HU w/out CD changer???

Quick Reply: C5 owners, what iPod interface do you use on your stock HU w/out CD changer???