Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Defaults to Driver 2 C6

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 06:19 PM
ChicagoUSMC
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Defaults to Driver 2 C6

Hello,

I have been just dealing with a problem and it is starting to get a little annoying. I have a 2007 convertible and I use only the key fob for driver 1. Whenever the car is off and I start it, the car defaults to driver 2's personal settings such as radio, hud, and seat settings. I have to manually hit driver 1 to get all my settings. I have looked in the personal preferences of the vehicle and do not see a setting that dictates the default. Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem is??

Thanks,

John
Old 09-29-2012, 09:55 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Not sure what your issue is, but if you save all of your preferred settings on both driver 1 and 2, then it wouldn't matter which one it went to
Old 09-29-2012, 10:12 PM
Another Don
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The fob you use may have "1" stamped in the plastic, but it may have been the second fob that was programmed. That is, when the tech was programming the fobs, he stuck the fob stamped "2" in first and then when that was done, he stuck in fob "1".

So, when you set stuff up for fob #1, those settings would match the settings of the fob stamped "2". So, if you carry the other fob, you should be set. The car has no idea what number is stamped into the case of the fob.

Just my $0.02. YMMV

Get notified of new replies

To Defaults to Driver 2 C6

Quick Reply: Defaults to Driver 2 C6