Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New tow rig today, system from my Vette going into it and a bit more

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 12:10 AM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default New tow rig today, system from my Vette going into it and a bit more

Traded my 06 high mileage Duramax and my 06 Vette vert today in on a new Duramax dually. Killer deal, over $9k off sticker, $3k in sales tax savings, free bedliner, got to keep a ton of parts off the Vette(over $25k and $5k from the truck to go onto the new truck) This might be the best deal I have ever made!

System from the Vette going into the new truck but some parts do not fit so they will be for sale, I can make them a part of a great audio package for a member here.

New truck, all the upgrades I wanted, none I did not want.

2012 Chevy 3500 dually, Mocha ext, Ebony int, LTZ.
10 way heated and cooled seats
back up camera
forged wheels
etc...

I still have my 02 Z06 chassis and 53 studebaker body, sometimes I want to sell it, sometimes build it so just waiting until I know for sure.

Next vette, I am very curious about the C7

Rick
Old 08-26-2012, 02:06 AM
DUMAN
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I have been looking for a head unit.

Sweet new truck there.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:01 AM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If you want NAV the best by far right now is the new 8" Alpine, I have not seen one yet, might take some custom work to fit but it is the first to have a decent onboard processor, all these years and finally a decent one!

There is a JVC that is good as well but not quite as good but it has digital output, unmolested. I was going to use a slightly older model and the new Arc Audio processor for all out world class audiophile sound quality but I have been waiting forever for it. The whole vette audio package deal was about this unit coming out so I could offer a fully tuned(by the best ever, Eric Stevens) system that could kick butt in competitions, meaning just bass **** and beyond what most anyone has ever heard, really! And still not cost as much as many spend on a set of wheels, not even close!

Since I prefer hand held GPS I will see if the stock HU in the truck as a decent audio out level first and use a processor fed by it if so. If not then I will get the Alpine or a JVC and Arc Processor if it comes out before long (which will still be better than the Alpine but only if running audiophile grade source material, which I almost always do)

-----------

I will try to not get to crazy with the new truck until the next version comes out, I am already into this low enough I can trade without a loss if I want the new one but I am afraid they might blow it and build something butt ugly like other manfs do. They are not likely to upgrade the chassis as did a stellar job on this one, not really needed on the drive train, the 2011+ Duramax is one hell of a truck, I hope they do not F' it up.

Rick

Get notified of new replies

To New tow rig today, system from my Vette going into it and a bit more

Quick Reply: New tow rig today, system from my Vette going into it and a bit more