Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

XM .. one down, two to go!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 04:25 PM
MachAll 2005
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default XM .. one down, two to go!

Just got off the phone after a long battle with the XM guys ... they wouldn't budge on the rate this time so I cancelled the Vette and promised them that the other 2 would be cancelled when they came due IF they continued the same lack of customer regard.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:48 PM
abecon5
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sirius is going stright down the sh*. I cant wait till howard sterns contract is up so I can cancel my subscription.

sirus is the comcast of radio.

Last edited by Vette_DD; 07-26-2012 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Inappropriate language
Old 07-26-2012, 04:55 PM
mgtr
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There have been a large number of complaints about XM on this forum, but I never paid much attention since I never had a problem. That has all changed today. About two weeks ago I called to cancel one car, and extend the other car for one year. Well, they had it all fouled up, possibly on purpose, since it was to their advantage. After 15 or minutes back and forth on the phone with them (talking to all non-native speakers of English, don't know if that is part of the problem), I said I would handle it another way. So I called my credit card compary and put a block on SiriusSM charges on my account.
We'll see what, if any, response XM has to that.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:29 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,218 Likes on 829 Posts

Over and over and over again lol...Has to be worse than cable for customer service.

Thanks Apple.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:13 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by mgtr
I called my credit card compary and put a block on SiriusSM charges on my account.
We'll see what, if any, response XM has to that.
Most likely they'll try several times to charge your card. If your bank isn't on the ball one may even get through. Assuming they realize the CC isn't working, they'll prob send you a bill in the mail. If I were you I'd completely ignore the bill. Chances are they'll screw up again and never notice that they need to cut off your receiver, so you may just end up with free XM for the life of your vette. Isn't gross incompetence wonderful

I have a Pioneer AVIC x920BT that I really want to install in my car, but I'm almost 5 months into my 12 free months of free XM in my new GS. They do not have my CC info associated with this account. My plan is to let the free trial expire, then install the AVIC. I plan on ignoring everything they send me when it comes time to renew, then just wait for Hair Nation to go bald. If they forget to cancel my car, then I just may have to hold off on installing the Pioneer If the Pioneer does get installed, I have a Sirius receiver that I'll put in and set up automatic renewal with. The 'basic' package is only $10/month IIRC, and that's all I need.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:48 PM
mgtr
Pro

Originally Posted by markcz
Most likely they'll try several times to charge your card. If your bank isn't on the ball one may even get through. Assuming they realize the CC isn't working, they'll prob send you a bill in the mail. If I were you I'd completely ignore the bill. Chances are they'll screw up again and never notice that they need to cut off your receiver, so you may just end up with free XM for the life of your vette. Isn't gross incompetence wonderful

I have a Pioneer AVIC x920BT that I really want to install in my car, but I'm almost 5 months into my 12 free months of free XM in my new GS. They do not have my CC info associated with this account. My plan is to let the free trial expire, then install the AVIC. I plan on ignoring everything they send me when it comes time to renew, then just wait for Hair Nation to go bald. If they forget to cancel my car, then I just may have to hold off on installing the Pioneer If the Pioneer does get installed, I have a Sirius receiver that I'll put in and set up automatic renewal with. The 'basic' package is only $10/month IIRC, and that's all I need.
Sounds like a good plan to me!
Old 07-28-2012, 11:08 AM
tampatopless
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by markcz

Mark, is $10 month ($120 a year) high? There are people posting on here that are getting $75 or $80 a year. Or is that XM vs Sirius?
Old 07-28-2012, 01:02 PM
topdown1999
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I called and told them I'd renew if they offered me the rate they offered my wife ($92.43/year or $7.70/month including taxes, royalty fee, etc.). That seems fair. (When my wife called, she simply said she loved the service, but the price was too high. They immediately offered the the lower rate. No problem after that.)

The person I talked to was friendly and efficient. If she was off-shore, I sure couldn't tell.

That said, I don't think we should have to play games to get the better rate. If the Pandora interface improves on car stereos, I'll probably quit Sirius/XM.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:19 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by tampatopless
Mark, is $10 month ($120 a year) high? There are people posting on here that are getting $75 or $80 a year. Or is that XM vs Sirius?
XM will 'negotiate', Sirius not so much. Their Mostly Music plan is $9.99+taxes every month. I'd rather just set up automatic payments for that instead of having to call and argue with them every year. I wouldn't mind having the NFL channel and games, but I just signed up for Sunday Ticket, so prob won't be in the car much while my Steelers are playing.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:57 PM
n4zkf
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Funny how this all happens when the ARE the same company also.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:29 PM
SXM_Help
Intermediate

Hi Everyone,

We are new to the forum. If you have any questions about SiriusXM, feel free to write back to us here, PM us or send us an email to sxm_help@siriusxm.com and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team
Old 09-28-2012, 03:21 PM
Co-Vette
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by SXM_Help
Hi Everyone,

We are new to the forum. If you have any questions about SiriusXM, feel free to write back to us here, PM us or send us an email to sxm_help@siriusxm.com and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team
Would you consider special rates for Corvette Forum members (new subscriptions and renewals)?

Last edited by Co-Vette; 09-28-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:13 PM
RonR80
Melting Slicks

Received 196 Likes on 125 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

I have had Sirius for 3yrs now and so far so good , I must be up for re-newal soon , but I won't pay more than now ether ,
CO-VETTE good question
Old 10-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Co-Vette
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

No word from Sirius yet on the post, or separate PM I sent them.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:24 AM
Thrash
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts
Tech Contributor

The best advise is to have your card re-issued (with new numbers), that way they will be truly dumped. I have done this before for several reasons (health insurance, Non-Star and Sirius billings). What kills me is their huge loss of biz due to iPods and online music, and their not addressing basic supply/demand economics. At one time we had sat radio in three cars and on three indoor receivers, of which was a huge pleasure to cancel ...

Get notified of new replies

To XM .. one down, two to go!

Quick Reply: XM .. one down, two to go!