Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

F/S: C6 Fiberglass Sub Box w/500wRMS CDT Sub, $375 shipped

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 03:09 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Default F/S: C6 Fiberglass Sub Box w/500wRMS CDT Sub, $375 shipped

SOLD!

I'm selling a drivers side cubby fiberglass 10" sub box made by Rick at RAAMaudio and a CDT QES-1020 single coil 4ohm sub.

Sub specs HERE. My amp was giving the sub 350wRMS, and it sounded great, but it clearly could handle more power. I'm thinking that an amp pushing 500-700wRMS at 4ohms would sound amazing. I purchased the sub direct from CDT and used it in my '07 coupe for less than a year. I wanted to use it in my '12 GS coupe, but the stowed targa top hits the sub surround, so it's now for sale.

This is perfect for a ZO6 or convertible that doesn't have to worry about storing the targa top. It will easily drop in to the cubby in a coupe, but the roof MAY hit the sub when stowed. In my '07 coupe there was just under 1/2" clearance between the sub and roof. In the '12 GS coupe the roof contacts the sub surround and depresses it about 1/16". I don't know why it hits in the '12 but didn't in the '07, and Rick is only selling these new for the ZO6 now.

$375 SHIPPED for Box and Sub to any forum member in lower 48 states before I split them and sell on ebay. Shipping will be via UPS Ground, most likely within 24 hours of receiving payment. I can take CC through PayPal, or any paper payment via snail mail.

Pics....

In the 2007 coupe:

In the 2012 GS coupe:

On the floor:

Last edited by markcz; 07-26-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:36 AM
Tone
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bump for a good value here - and CDT speakers are very well built compared to many other manufacturers.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:50 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Tone
Bump for a good value here - and CDT speakers are very well built compared to many other manufacturers.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:07 AM
Squishy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn so tempting if I didn't already have a combo Z06 amp sub box.

This setup was what I was looking for in the beginning but I wanted to use a 12" sub I had from a prior setup I had in my STI.

Good luck with sale.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:37 PM
tampatopless
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You think it will work in a Vert? It looks like it takes up less space than my VetteNutts box.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:59 PM
ZO ZICK
Team Owner

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

Great Deal
Old 07-25-2012, 05:12 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by tampatopless
You think it will work in a Vert? It looks like it takes up less space than my VetteNutts box.
It should fit just fine

If you have one of their vert boxes like this, then yes, it will take up less room. If you put a sturdy grill on it you can even put items on top of the sub I know that a Kicker 08GR10 grill like this will fit if you remove the 'nipples' from underneath like this

This box is pretty much a slightly taller (and deeper) version of the VetteNuts COUPE box. The CDT I have in it won't fit in any other coupe boxes. I wish I could use it, but I like taking out the top too much to give that up, plus I have so much crap already laying around the house, so this has to go.

It's a fair price for ME, but a great price for the buyer
Old 07-25-2012, 06:07 PM
mikes08z06
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by markcz
It should fit just fine

If you have one of their vert boxes like this, then yes, it will take up less room. If you put a sturdy grill on it you can even put items on top of the sub I know that a Kicker 08GR10 grill like this will fit if you remove the 'nipples' from underneath like this

This box is pretty much a slightly taller (and deeper) version of the VetteNuts COUPE box. The CDT I have in it won't fit in any other coupe boxes. I wish I could use it, but I like taking out the top too much to give that up, plus I have so much crap already laying around the house, so this has to go.

It's a fair price for ME, but a great price for the buyer
So...if I bought this from you and installed it in a '08 Z06 with only a Kenwood HD6990 already installed, which works great by the way and I didn't "connect the red wire to A6" LOL. Just stock Bose system amps and speakers, what else would I need to do/buy to drive this subwoofer? I assume I should have a separate amp to drive it. Should I disconnect and get rid of the 8" door speakers? I simply would like to have a balanced system that sounds nice and reproduces "clean" highs with enough lows to make it enjoyable. Music mix from rock to classical. I don't want to spend a fortune, just would like a nice, enjoyable sounding system. I have already fully insulated the interior (including doors) and installed sound deadener in strategic areas to damp vibrations. I'm ignorant on how to proceed and a dummy on car audio, however I enjoy being educated and doing the work myself.

Is the above reasonable? Am I going down a rabbit hole here? I am seriously interested in buying your sub BTW.

Last edited by mikes08z06; 07-25-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:11 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by mikes08z06
So...if I bought this from you and installed it in a '08 Z06 with only a Kenwood HD6990 already installed, which works great by the way and I didn't "connect the red wire to A6" LOL. Just stock Bose system amps and speakers, what else would I need to do/buy to drive this subwoofer? I assume I should have a separate amp to drive it. Should I disconnect and get rid of the 8" door speakers? I simply would like to have a balanced system that sounds nice and reproduces "clean" highs with enough lows to make it enjoyable. Music mix from rock to classical. I don't want to spend a fortune, just would like a nice, enjoyable sounding system. I have already fully insulated the interior (including doors) and installed sound deadener in strategic areas to damp vibrations. I'm ignorant on how to proceed and a dummy on car audio, however I enjoy being educated and doing the work myself.

Is the above reasonable? Am I going down a rabbit hole here? I am seriously interested in buying your sub BTW.
Since you already have the HU installed, that makes it pretty easy.

To add JUST the sub, you'd need an external amp, wiring kit for the amp, RCA's to go from HU to amp, and speaker wire from amp to sub. Most wiring kits would have some RCA's and speaker wire included, but they're not always of the best quality. With an otherwise stock amp/speaker setup, adding just the sub would be seriously bass-heavy.

To "do it right", a basic well-balanced setup would be a new component set in the doors, the sub in back, and an amp/amps that can properly power everything. Rear speakers are completely optional, and you can even drive them from the internal HU amp if you just want to add some rear fill (for just the cost of the speakers).

The possibilities truly are endless, but I'd recommend the sub, a 4-channel amp that can be ran as 3-channels, and a mid-level component set for the doors.

Just as a basic example....

Front 6.5" components in the $150-250 range should be nice. Add a 4-channel amp similar to this for anywhere from $100-500 depending on your source and requirements for 'brand recognition'. Then the required installation pieces for <$50, total including the sub is in the $800-1000 range for a pretty decent system.

If you like bargain hunting online (sometimes that's half the fun) you can get everything individually, or give Dennis at DD a call and he can hook you up with everything in one box.

Re the sub I'm selling.... From personal experience I can tell you that it will need at least 300wRMS feeding it to come close to it's true potential. 500wRMS at 4ohms should make it sound amazing. You won't find an all-fiberglass box like this on it's own for under $300. The CDT sub itself is hard to find for under $350, with comparable subs of other brands being at least $200. If someone on the left coast buys it I'll be looking at $50 to ship it, so $375 shipped is a great price for this combo.

If you need help with the install, pack everything into your vette and come on down.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:11 AM
CGZO6
Drifting

Received 325 Likes on 180 Posts

350 shipped to 36351?
Old 07-26-2012, 04:16 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by CGZO6
350 shipped to 36351?
If tampa or mike don't say they want it by Friday, it's yours.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:35 PM
mikes08z06
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for your advice. You have a PM.

Mike

Last edited by mikes08z06; 07-26-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:40 PM
CGZO6
Drifting

Originally Posted by markcz
if tampa or mike don't say they want it by friday, it's yours.
OK, Let me know.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:55 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Box has been sold
Old 07-26-2012, 08:26 PM
CGZO6
Drifting

Old 07-26-2012, 08:28 PM
tampatopless
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm sorry, Mark. I've been offline for a couple of days. Congrats on the sale. I hope I didn't hold it up.

I just keep telling myself: "I cannot buy any more stereo equipment; I cannot buy any more stereo equipment. I cannot buy any more stereo equipment."

I mean those five-channel amps that are for sale a couple posts above you are very tempting as well.

Whoever buys your box is gonna be very pleased. That's a good bass solution for a Vette.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:36 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

I wasn't in any hurry

Originally Posted by tampatopless
I just keep telling myself: "I cannot buy any more stereo equipment; I cannot buy any more stereo equipment. I cannot buy any more stereo equipment."
I tried that, it doesn't work

I've actually been selling stuff off lately, my spare bedroom was more of a spare parts graveyard. Add to that the fact that I have a car payment again, and I have to get creative funds wise if I want to spend $300 on some dang splash guards for the front wheels.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:12 AM
Tone
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya - I want those rubber splashguards too, but 1st I needed good tunes.
...still, I thought that box/sub package would have sold within 24 hours - great deal for the buyer.

Get notified of new replies

To F/S: C6 Fiberglass Sub Box w/500wRMS CDT Sub, $375 shipped

Quick Reply: F/S: C6 Fiberglass Sub Box w/500wRMS CDT Sub, $375 shipped