Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Question about the remote wire

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 01:49 PM
deJong
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about the remote wire

I am installing a Pioneer X930BT as well as a 4 channel amp and sub amp. I am ready to hook up the remote wire and want to ensure that I splice into the blue and white wire on the HU wire harness. Also, do I need to splice at the other end to run the remote power to both amps? I appreciate the feedback. Just don't want to make a mistake.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:01 PM
needdlex
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The remote wire is just a low voltage wire that gives a binary on/off signal.

I've never tried it before, but you can probably daisy chain a wire from one amp to the other one.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:41 PM
hymnatr
Instructor

Originally Posted by needdlex
The remote wire is just a low voltage wire that gives a binary on/off signal.

I've never tried it before, but you can probably daisy chain a wire from one amp to the other one.
Yes you can
Old 07-08-2012, 02:42 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

The blue/white is the amp remote wire, just make sure you don't use the antenna control wire by mistake (they're both blue/white).

You can jumper the trigger wire to as many amps as you want as long as it's just a trigger signal, don't try to use it as the actual power source to something (fans, lights, etc...).
Old 07-08-2012, 03:21 PM
deJong
7th Gear

Thanks guys. I only have 1 blue and white wire but it is wired this wayhttp://forums.corvetteforum.com/audio-electronics/2692118-pics-and-info-on-wiring-a-roem-vet1.html

I had Dennis a DD Mods do this for me. Now I'm definitely not sure which wire to use.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:56 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by deJong
I am installing a Pioneer X930BT as well as a 4 channel amp and sub amp. I am ready to hook up the remote wire and want to ensure that I splice into the blue and white wire on the HU wire harness. Also, do I need to splice at the other end to run the remote power to both amps? I appreciate the feedback. Just don't want to make a mistake.
Originally Posted by deJong
Thanks guys. I only have 1 blue and white wire but it is wired this way http://forums.corvetteforum.com/audi...roem-vet1.html

I had Dennis a DD Mods do this for me. Now I'm definitely not sure which wire to use.
The link you posted is for ROEM connections. The ROEM is used if you want to replace the stock radio but keep the stock speakers. If you're replacing all of the stock speakers and adding a sub you don't need the ROEM. You can still use it for power and ground, but it isn't needed.

Connect the new HU yellow and black power wires through the roem. Connect the new HU red power wire to a switched source. The rest of the roem wires don't matter if you have new amps and speakers.

Run fused amp power wires from battery and frame ground to amps. Connect the new HU blue/white amp remote (possibly labeled P.Cont) to the trigger terminal on the amps (usually between the big power connections).

Get notified of new replies

To Question about the remote wire

Quick Reply: Question about the remote wire