Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Another Pioneer DEH-47H Question

Old 03-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Chewch87
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Another Pioneer DEH-47H Question

I have been reading alot of posts about The 1 1/2 DIN Pioneer DEH-47H and have seen a few posted pics of this unit installed in the early to mid C4 and like how it looks and it seems pretty powerful. I've also heard the arguments about it being "old technology". My main motivation is replacing a woefully performing Kenwood after market unit with something that performs better but fills the DIN & 1/2 space.....this unit seems to be the ticket.
OK here is my question.......in my haste I purchased from England a like new, in the original box with all manuals Pioneer DEH-47H (UK ) version.....which I did 'nt notice . So am I SCREWED in wiring this in my 87 Vette? Everything look identical......unless when I power it up everyone has a British Accent.....
Old 03-20-2012, 09:47 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

US radio stations are only on the odd decimals, I believe they use both odd and even across the pond. You should be OK, but you may have to turn the dial twice as far to change stations.

Fire it up with jumper wires before installing it to see if it works for you.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:51 PM
Chewch87
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by markcz
US radio stations are only on the odd decimals, I believe they use both odd and even across the pond. You should be OK, but you may have to turn the dial twice as far to change stations.

Fire it up with jumper wires before installing it to see if it works for you.
Thanks....Im hoping for an easy install. I PM'd a Forum Member here recently who installed this very same unit(U.S. version)...wondering how complicated the wiring harness adaptation was.

Get notified of new replies

To Another Pioneer DEH-47H Question

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Another Pioneer DEH-47H Question