Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C5 Vert Rear Speaker Upgrade Recs

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 12:31 PM
Kman1971
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12
Default C5 Vert Rear Speaker Upgrade Recs

Just got the car last October and still modding it to my liking. I have Shockwave Components in the front, 4 channel amp and a powered sub, but it appears I have the stock rear speakers, all run by a 2007 Pioneer AVIC-Z2 nav unit. It is amazing how fast these head units get old, the nav on it is worthless compared to my google maps on my phone, but the sounds is pretty awesome.

I was messing with the fade and just noticed how quiet, low and muffled the sound out of the rear stock speakers is.

Looking for a quality replacement speakers, more less to carry more bass and fill the car, or is this pointless and just shift the fade more to the front? I have it set at about 2 to the front now and sounds pretty awesome on just the fronts alone. Would new rears mess up the sound stage or make it sound even better? Any recommendations by people who have made done it???

Thanks for your feedback.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:49 PM
RetiredSFC 97
Team Owner

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

Forget the rears. Not much you can do with 5.25 speakers. Just use the fronts alone with your amp and sub and you will get a better sound. My opinion anyway.
I just unplugged mine and left them mounted in case someone in the future wants to run the crappy things. So I then mounted some 6x9's because I don't have a sub. But am thinking about going to one next year. I just can't get the sound I want.

Most audiophiles would cringe at how I mounted them so don't ask.

Last edited by RetiredSFC 97; 04-18-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:05 PM
RetiredSFC 97
Team Owner

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

Something else I failed to mention, maybe you already know this,

Make sure you set your High and Low pass filters correctly for your particular speakers. You want to make sure your highs are going to your fronts and your lows are going to your subs for the best sound quality. It will depend entirely on your speakers where you set them. They should have a frequency response listed in the manual for them.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Vert Rear Speaker Upgrade Recs

Quick Reply: C5 Vert Rear Speaker Upgrade Recs