Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Pioneer Avic Z130BT

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 03:02 PM
NJLS708
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Pioneer Avic Z130BT

Anyone using this head unit with the Bose speakers? Does it really help the sound quality or are the Bose speakers the limiting factor? Any reviews from people with this head unit will help me tremendously.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:56 PM
okie08vette
Le Mans Master

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Not much help for you, but I have the Z120 and it sounds great but, I also have a amp and new speakers in my 08. I think you will really like the improved sound and featurs of the Z130 over the stock head unit. By the way if you can change the head unit you can change the speakers also its not really that hard.
Check with c5bearsfan, Dennis at DD Mods he has the best price for sure.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Rbohno
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by okie08vette
Not much help for you, but I have the Z120 and it sounds great but, I also have a amp and new speakers in my 08. I think you will really like the improved sound and featurs of the Z130 over the stock head unit. By the way if you can change the head unit you can change the speakers also its not really that hard.
Check with c5bearsfan, Dennis at DD Mods he has the best price for sure.

I have the AVIC-x930bt, I just installed last week. I got all the equipment from Dennis and the install went very smooth thanks to his wiring diagrams and phone support.
Regarding the upgrade the unit is awesome, the sound however hasn't improved that much over stock (maybe slightly due to the 7 channel EQ).

I cant wait for a speaker and amp package from Dennis so my system will "Bring the House Down".
Old 01-26-2012, 04:41 PM
nickcaprio
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AVIC Z-130BT ATT Issue..HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need some help ASAP!
I had a “professional” install by AVIC Z130BT into my C6 Corvette with the bypass.
The adapter being used is the GMOS-04.
The radio and movie play black work great for 30 minutes (car running) after which it goes into ATT mode and CAN’T get out of it.
I returned it to the shop and they replaced the GMOS adapter but still have the same results. They think it’s a faulty radio.
I called Pioneer and they seem to think is has something to do with the BYPASS or mute wire. They think it’s the installation.
Can anyone tell me if they ever had issues of ATT with their bypass?
Can anyone help me to fix this ATT issue or have any ideas of what is causing it?
It is a BOSE system but don’t believe it uses a separate amplifier but could be wrong.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Old 01-26-2012, 10:13 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by nickcaprio
Need some help ASAP!
I had a “professional” install by AVIC Z130BT into my C6 Corvette with the bypass.
The adapter being used is the GMOS-04.
The radio and movie play black work great for 30 minutes (car running) after which it goes into ATT mode and CAN’T get out of it.
I returned it to the shop and they replaced the GMOS adapter but still have the same results. They think it’s a faulty radio.
I called Pioneer and they seem to think is has something to do with the BYPASS or mute wire. They think it’s the installation.
Can anyone tell me if they ever had issues of ATT with their bypass?
Can anyone help me to fix this ATT issue or have any ideas of what is causing it?
It is a BOSE system but don’t believe it uses a separate amplifier but could be wrong.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Do you have steering wheel controls installed? Is one of the buttons programmed as mute? Even if it is, changing volume should make it come out of ATT.

If it was a wiring issue, why would it work for 30 minutes and then do it? To eliminate the bypass as a cause have your installer remove that wire from the ground, if problem continues it's the radio.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:01 AM
nickcaprio
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by markcz
Do you have steering wheel controls installed? Is one of the buttons programmed as mute? Even if it is, changing volume should make it come out of ATT.

If it was a wiring issue, why would it work for 30 minutes and then do it? To eliminate the bypass as a cause have your installer remove that wire from the ground, if problem continues it's the radio.
Thanks for the quick reply. Ok...I will talk to the installer and have them try that.

Get notified of new replies

To Pioneer Avic Z130BT

Quick Reply: Pioneer Avic Z130BT